Where can it be built?

More
5 years 4 months ago #330924 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?

Rosalyn J wrote: Yaba your thteads are so popular. Its not fair :(

To Rosalyn:

Here you go, an IOU voucher for one topic-derail; redeemable upon opening of your next topic!

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #330925 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Where can it be built?

Vaziel_Sorel wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: So everyones just gonna ignore the fact that we need a navy? :( :(

We can build a main compound at sea, on a decommissioned oil rig. this would allow us to remain neutral of any country or global conflict.

As for a branched location, I think it would have to be in the most community populated area.

The Knighthood trials could be to have the apprentice swim all the way out to the oil rig. If he makes it, he (or she) gets knighted.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Vaziel_Sorel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330926 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?

Manu wrote:

Vaziel_Sorel wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: So everyones just gonna ignore the fact that we need a navy? :( :(

We can build a main compound at sea, on a decommissioned oil rig. this would allow us to remain neutral of any country or global conflict.

As for a branched location, I think it would have to be in the most community populated area.

The Knighthood trials could be to have the apprentice swim all the way out to the oil rig. If he makes it, he (or she) gets knighted.

Sounds like a Je'daii trial... Just saying :P :silly:

More
5 years 4 months ago #330927 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Manu wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

A SPACE NAVY!!!

Kyrin, you could command the Space Fleet from the station in the dark side of the Moon. You might even attach a powerful laser to your station in order to ward off threats...

... wait a minute!

Already under construction! Have you not seen the test shots? We are preparing for full operation soon and I have some positions open if your interested!

I'd like to get assigned to redesigning the thermal exhaust ports :evil:

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Rex, Vaziel_Sorel

More
5 years 4 months ago #330928 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Where can it be built?

OB1Shinobi wrote:

To Rosalyn:

Here you go, an IOU voucher for one topic-derail; redeemable upon opening of your next topic!

Its true though. Im envious :)

The thread is moving too fast :(

Regarding Temples, there was this idea that we could carry our temples with us. Make a sacred space wherever we are. Some people do it with garments.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Vaziel_Sorel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330929 by

Rosalyn J wrote:
Regarding Temples, there was this idea that we could carry our temples with us. Make a sacred space wherever we are. Some people do it with garments.

That is a great idea and also a very Pagan one. We make our temple where ever we are because we are the temple!

EDIT: for Jedi this also seems most practical since like pagans, they are also a non-recuiting philosophy,
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

More
5 years 4 months ago #330930 by Manu

Rosalyn J wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

To Rosalyn:

Its true though. Im envious :)

The thread is moving too fast :(

"Carrying our temples with us" and Ob1's request for a navy... I sense an incoming joke about unleashing a Destroyer. :laugh:

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Vaziel_Sorel

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330938 by

Arisaig wrote: Can't stop when there is a Temple to be built.

To bring this all back on topic (sorry everyone...) I do agree that the UK is best simply because it is an international hub. People going to the EU from the USA will, most likely, pass through the UK (dunno if Brexit will change this tho)... and vice versa.

I've always thought as much. But, I guess, the issue is where in the UK? Should it be closer to the larger, more densely populated south where we can do more work helping people, or out further in the country, where we can live a more peaceful existence of training?

UK sounds like the best place. I'd probably go for England as far as countries go but in cities it is tricky.

Maybe it can be out in the country but still somewhat close enough to cities? I hear Leeds and London talk about having large amounts of Jedi but I can't be certain of the Census info.

But monasteries I hear can be out in the boonies and still help people. I guess it depends on not just what the temple should look like or where it should be built but also what do you want to do?

A place where Jedi can learn from one another start classes, train, do sermons and attract more followers or perhaps a place to house guests, and a place where you can live in peace, farm, ranch perhaps and basically take care of yourselves and train and learn of the force both through physical and mental training and actually live there as opposed to just a place to visit like a church or synagogue.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330958 by
The UK is a horrible place for a temple. It's cold and rainy and on an island that is not very accessible. This very serious decision should not be made according to the local Jedi population that is largest. This sort of pure democracy simply will not work. We need to build a representative committee from all the pockets of population and bring them together into a fair and honest forum in which to debate this issue. Once that is done a vote should be taken.

I shall take the lead in this important endeavour and form the first jedi state of my area. Any in the central US will form with me and I nominate myself for representative. Once elected I will travel to a place yet to be chosen to represent my people.

As I'm not allowed to mention names so I will use generic ones.

[Insert name here] I expect you will be interested in heading up the forming of the other committee reps so that we may form a quarum in resolving this first step in important business. Am I correct in this assumption?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330993 by
In the end, its always a matter of money.

No matter where people want it built, methinks it'll come down to a matter of whomever wants it made and has the money to have it made will make it wherever they want. And we'll just have to deal with it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi