What’s your jam?

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #329296 by Carlos.Martinez3
What is that song that pumps you up -
That moves ya forward - that song that puts ya in our zone- the one you play out loud when no ones looking ? I’m just wondering and always tying to make different conections and
so - I figured- why not ask my Temple. Post links if ya like or if it helps . Looking forward to see what yall got.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #329303 by Athena_Undomiel
Replied by Athena_Undomiel on topic What’s your jam?
I have a list... that gets me pumped up and ready to anything
1. Work B*tch by Britney Spears
2. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
3. Work Hard, Play Hard by David Guetta
4. Time of our lives by Pitbull
5. Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5

And then its mood dependent after that
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 5 months ago #329370 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What’s your jam?
Electronic music for me; being devoid of 'narrative' it serves as an adjunct to my Force visualization in a way analogous to echolocation!

Its not a visualization so much as a feelingization - phasing focus/awareness on/out like a strobe to refresh the picture of the environment, and off/in to reconnect to my inner quietude. A way to make efficient use of perception in terms of energy expenditure by connecting inner energy to outer connection.... like how a computer monitor works to get the picture to you without wasting unnecessary energy.

So what motivates me from this.... is it keeps me focused both inwardly and outwardly, frees up energy to use for other things. And not having its own narrative means it does not recruit emotional response - which also gives me another pool of available energy to use for other things.

How does this relate to the Force, by perhaps acting like a master clock to perception cycles it imbues it with its own energetic quality by virtue of perhaps its efficiency or the process of scaling it up and down. This means the music itself can be experienced as its own landscape in a spatial sense by the whole body.

At the most superficial level, the beat supports timing in action which enables a greater awareness of movement progression etc. So quite literally the 'beats per minute' can relate to the intensity of the activity required, from ambient relaxation with the occasionally tone surrounded by silence for the mind to stretch/reach out, to railing faster hardcore with no space for mind to do anything other then hang on in a rolling frenzy :D

So yea, not into lyrics so much.... I don't want to be told what to think or feel necessarily that often :P

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
5 years 5 months ago #329371 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic What’s your jam?

Adder wrote: Electronic music for me; being devoid of 'narrative' it serves as an adjunct to my Force visualization in a way analogous to echolocation!

Its not a visualization so much as a feelingization - phasing focus/awareness on/out like a strobe to refresh the picture of the environment, and off/in to reconnect to my inner quietude. A way to make efficient use of perception in terms of energy expenditure by connecting inner energy to outer connection.... like how a computer monitor works to get the picture to you without wasting unnecessary energy.

So what motivates me from this.... is it keeps me focused both inwardly and outwardly, frees up energy to use for other things. And not having its own narrative means it does not recruit emotional response - which also gives me another pool of available energy to use for other things.

How does this relate to the Force, by perhaps acting like a master clock to perception cycles it imbues it with its own energetic quality by virtue of perhaps its efficiency or the process of scaling it up and down. This means the music itself can be experienced as its own landscape in a spatial sense by the whole body.

At the most superficial level, the beat supports timing in action which enables a greater awareness of movement progression etc. So quite literally the 'beats per minute' can relate to the intensity of the activity required, from ambient relaxation with the occasionally tone surrounded by silence for the mind to stretch/reach out, to railing faster hardcore with no space for mind to do anything other then hang on in a rolling frenzy :D

So yea, not into lyrics so much.... I don't want to be told what to think or feel necessarily that often :P

Got a sample?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
5 years 5 months ago #329373 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What’s your jam?

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Got a sample?

Um, not sure I understand your question, but.. ok;

Attachment sample.mp4 not found

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329407 by
Replied by on topic What’s your jam?
Lol, I have whole playlists of killer beats to get me all amped up for work. XD

Legend ft Backchat

Incense and Iron -- Powerwolf

Fight Back -- NEEFEX

Solider -- NEEFEX

Lol, all that just to start. XD Never underestimate the effect a killer bass line can have on your day.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi