Have you met your master/apprentice in real life?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329379 by

_Vergere_ wrote:

[Exactly what it says? Not sure what other answer could I possibly give?

Questions are more useful than answers.

If everything I tell you is a lie, then the very statement itself is a lie. The lie is untrue. So perhaps everything I say is the truth.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Perhaps even lying about lying to say you have the truth is also a lie. It's a statement that redoubled on itself and renders everything you say near meaningless and confusing.

Far simpler to have a more straightforward quote to show what you truly stand for, rather than aim to misdirect.

But alas, off topic. ;p

I do hope to, as a TM and Knight, to meet my apprentices over the years. Hopefully before they become Knights themselves, to see their training in action.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by . Reason: On my phone, dumb autocorrect

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329381 by Streen

Far simpler to have a more straightforward quote to show what you truly stand for, rather than aim to misdirect.

Quite right. That was a mere exercise in paradoxical philosophy. Lets get real then.

There's a reason I mentioned in my intro post that I do not consider myself a Jedi, nor do I desire to. I don't believe in putting labels on beliefs. It always creates conflict. Which is what I see here.

What is a Master? What is an Apprentice? I ask these questions in relation to my original post in this thread. A master is a teacher, and an apprentice is a learner. But a master learns a great deal while teaching, and apprentice teaches a great deal while learning. It is a sharing of knowledge between the two, one not being any better than the other.

So, to answer the question posed by this thread, I see my teacher every day in the mirror. I also see a student who has a great deal to learn (or unlearn).

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329389 by

Arisaig wrote:
Perhaps. Perhaps not. Perhaps even lying about lying to say you have the truth is also a lie. It's a statement that redoubled on itself and renders everything you say near meaningless and confusing.

But alas, off topic. ;p

I do hope to, as a TM and Knight, to meet my apprentices over the years. Hopefully before they become Knights themselves, to see their training in action.

It might be better for you to not judge others paths so harshly. If you are to be a teacher of the philsophy it is one of the most valuable lessons to learn.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329391 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

But alas, off topic. ;p

It might be better for you to not judge others paths so harshly. If you are to be a teacher of the philsophy it is one of the most valuable lessons to learn.

XD practise, preach, all that... But alas, again, off topic.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329396 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

But alas, off topic. ;p

There is a difference between teaching and judging. I teach.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329398 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

But alas, off topic. ;p

There is a difference between teaching and judging. I teach.

And yet you judge my statement as judgement rather than conversation.

But AGAIN.... off topic. *shakes head*
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329399 by
That would be nice to see your apprentice learn more about the force and life in general :) Learning in person is the best way to learn in my opinion. For those that have met I would love to hear more experiences :)

Masters, would you like to teach your apprentice how to build their own lightsaber as well? :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329400 by

Yabuturtle wrote: Masters, would you like to teach your apprentice how to build their own lightsaber as well? :)

I've seen quite a few TM's give a lesson along the lines of making your own lightsaber. Some take it literally, others take it another, artistic direction. Others still take it into a more philosophical direction. All are viable, all are beautiful, because all are truly their lightsabers.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi