Have you met your master/apprentice in real life?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329092 by
Has anyone done this?

I understand it's a little more difficult since Jedi are spread out so one may not likely meet a Jedi in real life. But I was seeing if any masters met their apprentices and trained them through the art of the force i.e. meditation, spiritual techniques or swordsmanship with lightsaber training?

If not, would you like to meet face to face?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329093 by
I was fortunate enough to meet my first Master, Arcade. We went and had some coffee with our significant others and just really got to know one another. He is an amazing man and taught me a lot of things. He also thinks along the same lines as I do but didn't think he could make it work out here and left about 6 months into my Apprenticeship. I still keep in touch with him though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329096 by
/no/, I haven't had a master yet.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329106 by
I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few of the folks here in person, and since I kinda learn things from everyone, I suppose I've met lots of TMs! Most of all, when meeting new people, I learn that my perspective and their perspectives of the same people, places, and things can be quite different from each other, in spite of our very same perspective, sitting in the same place, on the same riverbank, in the same town, right now. Different, and yet, together. It's a good thing to be able to do.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329110 by
I've chatted quite a bit over voice and/or video with my TM, but (due to distance) I've yet to meet him irl. :c

More
5 years 4 months ago #329134 by Amaya
I met one of my old masters.
Also a few other people that aren't active here anymore really.
I enjoyed meeting them and seeing that interaction here can give you an impression that is not neccessarily who that person is.
It was interesting.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 4 months ago #329138 by Proteus
I've met and spent time around both apprentices that I've had as well as my master (and several other Jedi).

It's good for reminding you how "just a regular and flawed human being" we all are, leveling the field between you and them - something I think is especially important between people in a place like this.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329173 by
I have not but hope to do so one day! I've yet to meet anyone from here "in the wild", unfortunately.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329174 by Rosalyn J
I had plans, but they didnt pan out

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo

More
5 years 4 months ago #329186 by Tellahane
I've only met jester in person so far, though not my tm I did learn a significant amount, 10/10 would do it again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi