How would you want to be Knighted?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328937 by
How so?

If there was a jedi temple, be it like a small chapel or a large cathedral What would you always want to happen when you were about to become a knight?'

There is the Anakin knighting ceremony which was nice. I always thought it would be cool if it was a large temple, people lit their lightsabers and came forth to circle around the apprentice to make him a knight with music like this. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4cR5HfOaDY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #328938 by
Just sayin', a large cathedral and such would be pretty awesome... but at the same time, almost a bit grandiose for a Jedi, dontcha think? ;p

If I could have it my way, a perfect vision of what I would have? Well... Somewhere of personal significance. A smaller group of witnesses, friends from within the community, my training master, those types. As for location? I can think of only two places I could only dream of being Knighted. Somewhere scenic in the Isle of Skye (not hard to do, that place is amazing)... or Skellig Michael, a rather recently popular island south of Ireland. The ceremony itself would be rather simple, nothing extravagant. Almost spontaneous.

Nothing fancy, much akin to who I am. I'm not someone for trimmings and ceremony. Heck, I've only ever attended graduation ceremonies for my parents sake rather than my own. If they weren't around, I'd have just had them send me the diploma in the mail and I'd spend that time... well, prolly doing my lightsabre drills. XD
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328943 by
I would have like mine to be in the ruins of an old castle or pyramid or the like. Just an ancient structure that has old energy and magick flowing through it. A place where you can lay your hand on a slab of stone and feel the vibrations pulsing through it.

I would have a representation of each element in the four cardinal directions and other Jedi Knights ringing around the center, standing in between the elemental/directional points. I wouldn’t have very many people there because this would be more of a sacred rite between Master and Apprentice. 2 Jedi Knights per quarter means only 8 additional people. I would have my children and wife there as well because they are one of the reasons I try to better myself.

Nothing grand or flashy, just a place filled with the Force, my master and the 12 other people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328948 by
Funnily enough, I think it happens before it happens (and you don't get to choose when or how). Then it happens publicly, and it's probably better then that other people choose what creates meaning for the community for that event. And then it happens officially. At my marriage, I was definitely married ages before we got married. But I remember the official bit very clearly - the registrar signing off the wedding certificate. I can't think of anything more romantic than ren or Brother John, or whoever it is is, tabbing through and switching a number in a database.... Insignificant significance....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #328949 by
Very well said, Twigga. The official Knighting is just formality and open recognition of what is already, or should already, be fact. ;p

Or, as Yoda said 'recognizing what the Force has proclaimed.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328954 by
Actually a cathedral is probably not enough. More like a monastery :3

You just never know :) I am thinking those are all interesting ways to become a knight. I do like the idea of doing it outside on an island near the coast

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328965 by
A simple, modest ritual would be fine for me. ^_^ Fellow nights to either side of me, and the knight/master in question taps an older style blade on each of my shoulders.

More
5 years 4 months ago #328971 by Rex
I'd be ok with "Hey Rex" "Yeah" "You're a knight now" "Cool, thanks"
The pomp and ceremony don't really add anything for me

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3, mkendall,

More
5 years 4 months ago #328973 by Tellahane

Rex wrote: I'd be ok with "Hey Rex" "Yeah" "You're a knight now" "Cool, thanks"

This pretty much, I mean I'm all for rituals and respect and so on but recognition isn't something required to have in order to be a better self...it's comforting sure, but not required.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328975 by

Rex wrote: I'd be ok with "Hey Rex" "Yeah" "You're a knight now" "Cool, thanks"

"Hey Rex!"

What?

"Knock knock?"

Ummm... who's there?