Clairsentience

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328982 by
Replied by on topic Clairsentience
No they did not have evidence to point to their correctness. They had ignorance that they filled in with assumption. It was not until that ignorance was removed that truth emerged.

I have never asserted the impossibility of anything. Anyone on a pursuit of truth would never do this. What that means is a scepticle approach to any idea is the only valid default position to take. Reject the claim until there is reasonable evidence. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You have a different understanding of the force than I do. I see no evidence in any sort of energy field as you describe that can be manipulated by any sort of paranormal means. Because of that I choose to be honest with myself and reject the claim. This does not mean I find it impossible, only improbable until such time as reliable evidence can be provided and a proven means of manipulation shown.

This is not the discouragement of learning it is actually the opposite, the encouragement of honest learning. Ego has nothing to do with it. In fact ego has a greater hand in making claims of extraordinary paranormal power when none can be shown to exist. It exposes an individuals need to feel special or different than others in some way.

I never fight what I dont understand, I embrace it. But I also dont use faith to jump to conclusions about something to make myself feel better or safer or superior in some way. I approach it honestly and with humility and am willing to say I dont know rather than make something up.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329005 by
I refuse to let this thread die with only one resource pinned. Anyone else have anything constructive, productive, and helpful to add?

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #329006 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Clairsentience
Had a feeling this thread would digress like this... There is a case to be made that it may be challenging to "use a thing in their Jedi path" if the thing in question is not at all real, so the question whether it is is, surely, a relevant one, albeit tangent to the query in the original post. The question may well have been about what people thought of it and how their opinions and experiences that led them to those opinions interplay with their broader Jedi philosophy, but, just like with the psychometry thread before this one, it wasn't phrased so, but rather as if we are talking about a real thing some elected to study and others moved right past. That challenges of this nature come up then, is a direct consequence of that presentation, not of anyone's ill will towards you or lust for conflict. If the challenge in turn causes emotional distress to you, that's regrettable, but it does not on its own render the treatment necessarily unfair and if memory serves the Code has something to say about such primal gut reactions...

On a more constructive note, bear in mind that outside of the emotions of spirits and places, and a generally exaggerated illustration, the quote from the OP describes the quite natural phenomenon of empathy which is borne out of dedicated structures in the neural systems of individuals of pretty much any social animal. I think that an appreciation for the mental and emotional state of others is profoundly helpful in all interaction and in collaboration especially. Compassion allows us to make choices and judgements that respect the perspectives of others to some extent well before we have called for a more detailed rendering of it. Whether the Code explicitly encourages us to train it is debatable (I could make an argument that it does), though other creeds suggested on this site are far less ambiguous about that. In any case, it is at its base a skill most of us have naturally and more yet would do well to hoan for life among our fellows in general, irrespective of how well we can rationalize it into our Jedi paths.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329012 by
When it comes to debating existence, which was never part of the original thread anyway. We're not going to change each other's minds on this. If those who disbelieve want evidence you will need to find it through the same means that the believers do. Through experience.Through those who already know of such power. It's not that the evidence isn't there, one must have to look in a different place through a different source. That's all we can say. We already know such power exists and is very real. All we can say is you can experience it the same way others have or feel free to disbelieve. It isn't arrogance or anything we just found a different way to experience it. (But I had find it unusual that those believe in the living Force, yet don't believe in psychics, magic, mind tricks telekinesis ect.) If I saw aliens and met them and someone says aliens don't exist, would I be so inclined to listen to them when I already know they exist? And likely the only way they believe is if they too get abducted by aliens.

There really isn't much to discuss. We can show all the evidence we want but in the end you will need to experience it the same way others have. Meet fellow priests, mystics, spell casters, psychics ect. Meet the people who have a frame of reference on this stuff. Other than that, we're just going back and forth and accomplishing nothing. Experience it or disbelieve. There isn't anymore to discuss.

On another note, I feel like getting in connection with this energy helps give one a better frame of reference on how nature works. It kind of gives you pause in someways and allows you to help it and become kinder to nature. When you get in contact with this energy you are more inclined to protect it because you realize when it is in distress and if you care much about nature, it in turn helps you become kinder to things and to people and animals. Such as when I became kinder to nature, and tried to preserve it as best I can it helped me become kinder to one another. I always already kind but I became even nicer and helped one another more often as I went out of my way to try to become nicer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329014 by

Arisaig wrote: I refuse to let this thread die with only one resource pinned. Anyone else have anything constructive, productive, and helpful to add?

Have you looked into any of the works of Russell Targ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Targ)? I know there are some videos online where he talks about his work in remote viewing with various US intelligence agencies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329015 by
Ooh! buncha books of his linked in there, seems like some fascinating reads. :) Another great share, Kasumi. :) Time to start finding some copies at the library I can borrow. ;p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329061 by

Kasumi wrote: Have you looked into any of the works of Russell Targ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Targ)? I know there are some videos online where he talks about his work in remote viewing with various US intelligence agencies.

Targ's work on remote viewing has been characterized as pseudo-science and his research has been criticized for its incredible lack of rigor. It could be characterized as deceptive. I would highly suggest taking caution in giving this charlatan any money.

While its true that Targs research into psychic abilities garnered interest by organizations such as the U.S. intelligence community, including NASA, the CIA, Defense Intelligence Agency and Army Intelligence because of their interest in its operational use that resulted in a $50,000 CIA-sponsored project known as the Stargate Project, no scientific reviews of the experiments on remote viewing ever found any credible evidence that remote viewing works.

Attempts to replicate Targs remote viewing experiments revealed discrepancies in his tests which led to disputed claims that the experiments were successful. Several anomalies were uncovered and requests for more detailed transcripts were denied by Targ. It took a court order to retrieve the transcripts of the experiments and those revealed that a wealth of clues revealed that they were able to cheat by successfully identifying targets from cues given by the investigators themselves.They concluded: "Until remote viewing can be confirmed in conditions which prevent sensory cueing the conclusions of Targremain an unsubstantiated hypothesis.

The Stargate Project was terminated and declassified in 1995 after a CIA report concluded that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague and included irrelevant and erroneous data, and there was reason to suspect that its project managers had changed the reports so they would fit background cues.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329062 by
Sounds perfect!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi