Hosting a Jedi service in a physical building

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332086 by
I would find that an open discourse on this topic would be our best course of action. This being because it was sven and I that began this effort. And I being a mere guest would be denied further discussion on this matter were it moved to the echo chamber.

As for pirates, what is a parrot without a pirates shoulder to rest upon! I support both. Beyond that I'm only interested in supporting svens efforts to fulfill his dream of a jedi sermon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332087 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I would find that an open discourse on this topic would be our best course of action. This being because it was sven and I that began this effort. And I being a mere guest would be denied further discussion on this matter were it moved to the echo chamber.

That's the point. You've added nothing to this conversation besides wild accusations, grand claims of being the only supporter (despite easily accessed evidence otherwise) of Sven, and petty insults all servijg to derail this thread. Then you cover it up by saying you didn't do it.

Stop buying this tale, Jedi. Move the thread so we can discuss Jedi matters with Jedi, in peace.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332088 by JamesSand
I don't know Svens local situation as far as culture or laws go, (or his fiscal one, I suppose)

From my own circumstances - Getting a place to host a Sermon or other event in a non issue - having something worth doing and persuading people to turn up is the problem.

There is no way I am as interesting as a farmers market, or Lego exhibition. I probably wouldn't even draw as big a crowd as a couple of cartons of half-priced eggs.

For me, the "logistics" issue is in making more than my best friend and her dog turn up (and she'd only be coming so the dog can go for a walk)

I could potentially "piggy-back" onto an existing event, maybe a protest, or some kind of vegan thing, "Guest speaker James Sand, on the subject of "Jediism and You: Will it help you be a smug pillock?"

Anyway, it seems like an issue that should be looked at before really locking down the event space - what are you going to do there, and how will you get the word out that it is a valuable use of people's time?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332089 by Kobos

JamesSand wrote:
I could potentially "piggy-back" onto an existing event, maybe a protest, or some kind of vegan thing, "Guest speaker James Sand, on the subject of "Jediism and You: Will it help you be a smug pillock?"

Anyway, it seems like an issue that should be looked at before really locking down the event space - what are you going to do there, and how will you get the word out that it is a valuable use of people's time?

So it comes down to advertising and presentation. You don't want it make it like a rock show kinda thing but have fun with it because people take notice of that. "Jediism and You: Will it help you be a smug pillock?" If you try this sermon i will literally find a way to help you advertise. I don;t know exactly where your at but the internet makes flyers, mailers and all that stuff like the emails we ignore but are always just enough to remind us of something true and funny or make us act on impulse until people are like or the best outcome make us talk about it until the thought process is, "WTF, I have gotten like 4 emails and a ton of junk mailers advertising this, I am going to go check it out just because I'm pissed" people to show up among the many there will be the few truly interested :) Retail Sales 101!!!!!

Oh and who said you can't use Legos, that's not a rule. A Smug Pillock Jedi Lego Dude on a projector while someone talked and voice acted that moving it around ect. would go a long way for me!!!!!!!!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Kobos. Reason: I am dumb :)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332090 by

Arisaig wrote: That's the point. You've added nothing to this conversation besides wild accusations, grand claims of being the only supporter (despite easily accessed evidence otherwise) of Sven, and petty insults all servijg to derail this thread. Then you cover it up by saying you didn't do it.

Stop buying this tale, Jedi. Move the thread so we can discuss Jedi matters with Jedi, in peace.

It's ok arisaig, we all fail ourselves from time to time. I know I provide an almost unreachable roll model for you but rest assured I am not as imposing as you perceive me to be. I have broad pirate shoulders and that provides plenty of room for your parrot personality. One day with a bit of effort you may be a pirate as well. I'm here to help!!

As for sven, I think it might be prudent to seek out a more inclusive group in which to organize a jedi meetup or sermon. Most communities have a pagan meetup group and they would be more than willing to support and advertise and help support a gathering like you are trying to organize. Christian groups are to closed minded for this so I encourage you to think outside the box and seek out groups such as these. If you want help please PM me with your area details and I'll seek out my connections to get you a viable resource!

More
5 years 3 months ago #332091 by JamesSand

So it comes down to advertising and presentation. You don't want it make it like a rock show kinda thing but have fun with it because people take notice of that. "Jediism and You: Will it help you be a smug pillock?" If you try this sermon i will literally find a way to help you advertise. I don;t know exactly where your at but the internet makes flyers, mailers and all that stuff like the emails we ignore but are always just enough to remind us of something true and funny or make us act on impulse until people are like or the best outcome make us talk about it until the thought process is, "WTF, I have gotten like 4 emails and a ton of junk mailers advertising this, I am going to go check it out just because I'm pissed" people to show up among the many there will be the few truly interested :) Retail Sales 101!!!!!

I used to use an....email-harassment service called "Constant Contact" - basically click bait you email to all your customers every week to remind them you exist and they should spend their money with you.

I didn't have a great conversion rate (having said that, my content writer was a drip, and this was before people had fully embraced living online, so getting unsolicited emails telling you to come to my website (or storefront) and give me money was a bit on the nose. Now everyone signs up to constant advertisement from every shop they go to, so perhaps it's a good idea again (or perhaps it will get drowned out in the flood of other, similar crap they receive)

Anyway, I couldn't work out the thing ros sent me, so here's Abundance and Scarcity by Twigga, if it is acceptable, can someone upload it somewhere so I can start being an internationally recognised speaker on Jediism and convince people to come to my public events?

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332093 by JamesSand
I tried to make a Lego Jedi Movie, but the sound didn't work...

and apparently the picture didn't work properly either.

Move along, nothing to see here...
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by JamesSand.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332094 by Rosalyn J
Published here:
I published my new episode AbundanceandScarcity-Twigga.mp3, please check it out.
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gijij-a3da53

Your voice is nice

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332096 by Kobos
Nice, I was the analyst and point of contact designer of those emails for my marketing company. We did the photos of most home sales for the different brokerages so literally thousands of those emails to agents and conversations from them, and some contract negotiations. It works, was a kinda fun job (sometimes) but just not what I wanted out of a career. It did allow me to find the one I do want and start to get there though so a good experience over all :)

Thank you for that, I just download it. Getting this going would be quite awesome. Please let me know you guys if there is things I can do to help.

I still think finding a way to help Sven and others doing live ones would be huge. I was thinking about doing something similar to a sermon just about music, the force, and human actions in the form of a letter for the creative writing day for students and staff at school. Last year I did a kind of poem/monologue about being a turtle with a look at what we should be caring about instead of this message. Hard to keep bias out of writing that kind of literature style so it wouldn't be exactly like a sermon also I have to watch closely the way I word things (I'm staff at school event) so it makes it a long process to make it make sense to anyone but me :)

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332097 by
So kobos has another good thought! Approaching a jr college for such a thing. How many clubs there might take an interest in supporting such a thing?

See araisag, there is no need to be scared of the "bad people". Dont hide in your echo chamber. Explore, come out to play. You might learn something.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi