Hosting a Jedi service in a physical building

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331995 by Nakis
Hello, hello!

The first question I would ask is why is there a desire to host a service in a church? This is less a challenge and more underlying reasons as to why the location and purpose was picked.

Our focus determines how we execute and what resources are needed. If the purpose is to merely hold a service in a building, then why a church? If it is to hold a service in a church, to whom are you speaking to within the church? While the use of the internet to facilitate a congregation, is that absolutely necessary to do so from a pulpit if it risks damaging your connections in the community?

The second question I would have is to ask what your desired outcome? In five years, what is your goal with this action plan?

These two questions will address if the current method will reap the results desired to accomplish your goals, and to see what other methods may be applied to spread the net.

What has happened, has happened, and I'm sorry things went the way they did. We now move backwards to assess the purpose, plan, and execution to see where we can improve, reduce risk, and get closer to our goals.

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332000 by
The desire to old in a church is an attempt to legitify an otherwise illegitimate faith. This thread itself speaks to that. Ari dismissing the Christian belief in favor of "the force" and james dismissing the universal Christian ideal of one path through jesus to heaven. All this in opposition to a hypocritical belief in jedi syncretisism.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago #332001 by Nakis
While I am glad to hear your opinion, Kyrin, I'm primarily focused on Sven One and their thoughts as they are the one attempting to build something up.

Please feel free to observe the thread and contribute to the building up of an idea, or please feel free to continue to observe, thank you.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332002 by
That's a very polite way to say step off. Are you now discounting my opinions on this thread as invalid because they do not align with your own.

Remember when this thread started I was the only one to give sven input or praise his efforts. Where were you then?

More
5 years 3 months ago #332003 by Rosalyn J
Sven,

Way to go with the attempt!! I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Please let me know if I can support an any way.

There have been many local jedi groups which have sprung up offline. Have you looked at those to see if maybe there is one local to you?

You might find some people interested in Jediism by attending local cons as well. Its possible you might find role players, but there may be the occasional person interested in jediism.

California Jedi, an offline group I am a member of, first started with video chats bi-weekly. Its now going into its fourth annual jedi gathering.

I would say start by gathering people. I can see the appeal of the church. It is a sacred space. A space made sacred because people made the decision "this is a sacred space". I also believe that we have the capacity to make a space sacred in the same way. Simply making a decision. So you have the power. The people you gather around you in what will eventually be a flourishing and thriving group have that power too.

Best of luck. I am here should you need me

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Nakis, Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332012 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Remember when this thread started I was the only one to give sven input or praise his efforts. Where were you then?

Kyrin, read the thread. Yes, you were the first to congratulate him... but not the only. That very statement shows you have no interest in actually reading the thread in favour of your own opinions.

EDIT: And in follow up... this question was directed at Nakis...

Nakis wasn't here to leap to congratulate Sven because, well, he runs an offline chapter of the TotJO (and overall Jedi community). He's out there doing real work for the Jedi, Jediists, and Jedi Realists in his area. That, combined with work and his own apprenticeship... well, takes a lot of your free time.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago #332016 by Nakis
Where I was is irrelevant, it's attempting to say because I wasn't in a discussion I should be discluded from the conversation later on. It's a qualifier that has no place here in the Temple.

My overall focus is Sven and helping to achieve their goals. In the course of reevaluating the process, some questions may no longer be asked as they are unneeded, or we have new emphasis which answers why the need is present and overrides rigid interpretation.

The point is, the reason why I made my earlier statement is that we need to focus on helping Sven achieve is goals as opposed to getting into another petty squabble over semantics. Let him answer for himself instead of injecting unneeded data and just starting another debate that does not serve to push us forward.

TL;DR: You aren't Sven, I'm not interested in debating anything with you, our goal is to find a solution and help Sven grow. Unless your commentary and the way you debate helps him develop his program, it is unwelcome.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332017 by

Nakis wrote: Where I was is irrelevant, it's attempting to say because I wasn't in a discussion I should be discluded from the conversation later on. It's a qualifier that has no place here in the Temple.

TL;DR: You aren't Sven, I'm not interested in debating anything with you, our goal is to find a solution and help Sven grow. Unless your commentary and the way you debate helps him develop his program, it is unwelcome.

Yea, but you dont get to make that decision. Its not even your thread. And you were the first that said I should be "discluded" (whatever that means) from the conversation, not I. I simply challenged your statement. I could care less if your interested in debate either. If you are not then please dont reply back. Simple as that my friend!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332023 by
And this is why, whenever I want a proper open discussion, I post in the Jediism or member subforums...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332028 by

Arisaig wrote: And this is why, whenever I want a proper open discussion, I post in the Jediism or member subforums...

Open discussion in a closed forum is an oxymoron. What you are actually doing is posting in an echo chamber. Good luck with that.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi