Hosting a Jedi service in a physical building

More
5 years 5 months ago #328518 by Eleven
As you might remember I did post recently about the possibility of hosting a Jedi sermon from a physical building. It's been months...might of actually been a full year now since I last posted if I recall correctly but, I finally found a church (disclosed name out of respect for privacy) that said for small fee I could host a Jedi service to the community. A few from the congregation said they'd even come out of moral support. I plan on attempting to stream the service live via YouTube. If anybody is intrested and would like to be involved. Once, I get the church council's approval I'll give everyone the info. So they can watch. If, you have any questions let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, jpadkins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328522 by
Congrats! You go Jedi! Too bad they charged you a fee though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328535 by
Looking forward to seeing it!

More
5 years 5 months ago #328541 by Rosalyn J
This may be the way to go!! Thank Scen. Super excited

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
5 years 3 months ago #331959 by Eleven
Just an update on my talks with the church and the church board. They have declined my request to host a Jedi sermon in their assembly. Even after I offered to pay them, on a non church night and a time that works for them. Their reasoning was:

1. It doesn't follow the jedeo-Christian theological.

2. Despite, saying there wouldnt be 'worship' involved they do not want any other deity being worship in their building except Christ.

3. They do not want a live stream of the service and their congregation being filmed and/bad publicity being given over it. I told them the camera would be right on me not filming the crowd heck, nobody might not even show.

4. They requested me not to return.

So, that's the update. Once again another building request failed. I might try the local rec. Center instead of church's. Anyways back to the drawing board!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331963 by
Lol jeeze. What a kicker.

You'll get that live service one day. And we'll be cheering for you when it happens.

People fear powerful truths. If they didn't fear the truth of the Force, they woulda let you have your service. You only encounter enemies when you're headed in the right direction. Keep walking, Jedi, you're on that straight and narrow.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331966 by
Ari, are you asserting that the truth of the force is more compelling than the truth of christ? Sounds like your dangerously close to proselytizing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331967 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Ari, are you asserting that the truth of the force is more compelling than the truth of christ? Sounds like your dangerously close to proselytizing.

Nope. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331968 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Ari, are you asserting that the truth of the force is more compelling than the truth of christ? Sounds like your dangerously close to proselytizing.

I would disagree. I will ask you a direct question. Why do you disparage the church in favor of jediism just because they denied the request?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331969 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

I would disagree. I will ask you a direct question. Why do you disparage the church in favor of jediism just because they denied the request?

Disagree as you want. Can't deny that of you. But I can deny its validity.

I do not disparage the church. But if this particular church is... As we may say... Comfortable in their faith's truth and the strength of their flock, they should have nothing to fear from new ideas.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi