Psychometry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328505 by
Replied by on topic Psychometry

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I may be wrong but I think that was the question on the original post - any one know anything or practice it ? There are tons of people who claim to know and even more who claim to know how to teach it. There is a actual following. Wether I believe in the spaghetti monster or not it exist to some - in a serious light.

Claims are not proof. Spaghetti monsters, by design, are a parody, so no, no one takes them seriously. The real question should be can you prove its existence? You want to teach, prove your skill...

sorry kobos, hope that wasnt to "harsh" a communication style for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328506 by

Manu wrote: Ok, so, let’s assume that psychometry is real.

The fact that there is no evidence for it would imply it is an incredibly rare skill, or those who possess it keep it a secret.

My question now is: so what? It is highly unlikely YOU will ever have this skill. And IF you were to develop it, it would probably take years of focused effort. Wouldn’t that time and effort be better put to use elsewhere?

I understand the fascination with “magic” and whatnot, but it seems overkill to want to spend ages pursuing a skill that you have no way of knowing how to develop, or if it will actually develop, rather than using that energy elsewhere.

This is similar to telekenesis. Spend years and potentially die not getting it done, or get the fuck off your ass and open the door using the “magic” of your muscular and nervous system directing the energies of the universe into closing the grip of you hand and twisting the knob.

Actually there is a lot of evidence for it. You have to know where to look, but there are many rituals and spiritual power that can affect the world and others. It isn't like in the movies. It's actually much more subtle. Anyone who has practiced magic or any kind of spiritual power knows what I'm talking about

There are many things we do not know about this world. Even with all of our science, it cannot answer everything.

There ARE ways to develop it. Why do you think people have practiced this art for thousands of years? For fun?

That wouldn't make any sense. Magic or spiritual power isn't as practiced as it used to be and the ones that know a lot of it are kind of hidden, either because their power would make others afraid of them or by not telling people it gives them an advantage over others. If you knew telekinesis, an art not practiced very much and if you wanted an advantage over people, would you start talking about it?

Some also may keep it a secret since if such power is used irresponsibly, it would be bad. Lunatics with such power can cause devastating consequences.

Psychic abilities, magic, psionics, the force, whatever you may wish to call it. It's very real and true.

Some have doubts and I get that very much. Because I had those same doubts until I discovered it was real myself. Through association with those who practiced such arts, developing techniques of my own, communing with nature ect. I now know it is real for certain.

Sure there are those who claim such abilities and do not have it. But that does not mean the art doesn't exist. Like those fake psychics you've seen on tv, People get so used to seeing people claim abilities and don't have it and end up overlooking the people who actually ARE psychic and have abilities.

I also found it quite interesting that despite those who focus on science and not on the mystical and idolize many scientists, often forget there WERE scientists that practiced the occult, mysticism or at least had an interest in it. Da Vinci, Newton, George Washington Carver ect. And I know people were more religious back then but there were atheists too even in ancient times.

You do not have to take anyone's word for it really. It is best for you to find this knowledge for yourself and I encourage everyone to. Believe me, THAT is where you will find your proof. I felt the same way and did not believe in any of it but now I know it exists.Some things cannot be shown in a microscope or in front of your eyes which can deceive you. Looking through different eyes and experiencing it is a way to find the proof that you seek.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328507 by

Yabuturtle wrote: You do not have to take anyone's word for it really. It is best for you to find this knowledge for yourself

And yet you expect us all to just take your word for it. What makes your word so special? Why do you just to get to assert it's real and we are required to take your word for it? Just because you had brain fart and deluded that you astral projected or used dark magic and caused a car accident? Where is the objective proof? Why should I ever take your word for anything over real evidence?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328508 by
The best thing I have found about practicing such arts is that it really does give you a unique perspective of things. Perhaps it may be why many world famous scientists practiced such arts because it gave them a better understanding of the universe.

Sometimes when you practice certain arts and develop certain sense, you can sense things you normally wouldn't. As a Druid, I learned to tread carefully and be more wary of my surroundings. I can feel if something is distressed such as if a forest is in distress either due to pollution.

Developing such abilities takes time and exercise such as when working out your body. It can't be done all in one day. It takes time like everything else even if you are gifted.

It can also give you an ability to notice a presence that would otherwise go undetected. Such as when feeling or seeing spirits in your presence. It helps train your third eye, the eye that allows you to see things your two eyes cannot. Much like you cannot see germs with your eyes but need a lens. So with such spiritual beings, you would need different eyes a "lens" if you will

More
5 years 5 months ago #328510 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Psychometry

Manu wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I may be wrong but I think that was the question on the original post - any one know anything or practice it ? There are tons of people who claim to know and even more who claim to know how to teach it. There is a actual following.

Links? That might be helpful for the OP.

The net is full of them - google will produce a plethora . I m sure the question was to the Temple as any one
Can google anything. That - wondering what the community here thinks.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328511 by
At least some of the community does not agree. How does Google give you a path to hidden knowledge? If its hidden why is it on the most accessible information medium in the world!!??

More
5 years 5 months ago #328512 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I may be wrong but I think that was the question on the original post - any one know anything or practice it ? There are tons of people who claim to know and even more who claim to know how to teach it. There is a actual following. Wether I believe in the spaghetti monster or not it exist to some - in a serious light.

Claims are not proof. Spaghetti monsters, by design, are a parody, so no, no one takes them seriously. The real question should be can you prove its existence? You want to teach, prove your skill...

sorry kobos, hope that wasnt to "harsh" a communication style for you.

“No one” - is a side - a opinion and clearly yours. State that clearly Kyrin , there are people who do and who don’t, regardless if one agrees or not. As far as proof - some need it some don’t -rhetorically - would you be able to prove every single thing you believe Ranger? Some where there’s faith, whether deep in what some call truth and others call - hope.

I’ve met Kobos face to face - I’m sure his character isn’t phased and he is real as they come. Try not to antagonize people - pls ? Do or don’t your choice. Support or not - believe or not - faith often needs very little proof other than the results it creates. To some the results - are good enough. The Testimony of the thing can stand taller than a mountains. That’s often refutable for some.

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328513 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: At least some of the community does not agree. How does Google give you a path to hidden knowledge? If its hidden why is it on the most accessible information medium in the world!!??

It’s called personal responsibility and self search . Seek and you will find .

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328515 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

No it's actually called wishful thinking and delusional idea. Yes I can actually prove everything I believe, knight. I don't believe things I cant back up. Meaning I dont rely on faith, which is not a reliable means to discern truth.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328517 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

No it's actually called wishful thinking and delusional idea. Yes I can actually prove everything I believe, knight. I don't believe things I cant back up. Meaning I dont rely on faith, which is not a reliable means to discern truth.

Ok - some are not like you - can u live in a world that’s - not like you exactly ? That’s the million dolla’ question.
Can we live in a world where as an individual - we are exactly that ? Can u live and function in a world where no one sees like you ? These are basic human questions we all have to ask ourselfs and find out for ourselfs.

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi