Psychometry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328304 by
Replied by on topic Psychometry

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I do apologize if my interpretations of things have upset you. I can’t argue because as a fellow human , I have the right as well as you to pick and choose. We have the same rights to our own seperate paths. I think it a beautiful thing how difremt people read the same book and get each difffremt things from them. This is what I call the color of the world. You can argue if you like at our differences but count me out . I’m am glad we are not the same.

I think you have misunderstood my intent. I am not upset nor have you upset me. I am not belittling you either. I found the quickest path to show you the folly of your statements and that was all. It is a discussion of ideas, not of individuals. The idea that we can arrive at a conclusion there is no evidence for is simply an argument from ignorance based on faith and that is not a path to truth. I am attempting to expose the fallacy in your argument, that is all.

Feel free to believe whatever you want. If you believe invisible binding pixies are what connects each of us that is fine. believe away, but if you engage in a conversation to that effect I will do my best to refute that claim and show you why it is a false conclusion to draw. discuss or not, your choice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328346 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Psychometry
Original subject

Does anyone have any Psychometric experience? It seems to be included in many of the basic powers of a Jedi's toolbelt, and have been curious about adding it to my practice.

Try not to derail subject pls

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago #328354 by Athena_Undomiel
Replied by Athena_Undomiel on topic Psychometry

J. K. Barger wrote: (This thread may be in the wrong place; it may be moved to the correct plce if neede.)

Does anyone have any Psychometric experience? It seems to be included in many of the basic powers of a Jedi's toolbelt, and have been curious about adding it to my practice.

I came across Buchanan's "Manual" (https://archive.org/details/manualofpsychome00buchrich/page/n5 )and it has not been as helpful as I thought, so I am reaching out here.

MTFBWY,
-Jacob

I think that as far as developing a skill such as this one has to be endowed with it from birth. I think that being aware of certain vibrational changes around certain objects or people or places can be enhanced by acknowledging their presence. Situational awareness, when developed properly can become a 6th sense as it were. I won't pretend that its precognition but being able to analyze what is going on around you and see events 3 or more steps ahead can make it appear that way.
Now, back to psychometry, if you can become aware of the attention given to certain items, perceiving the vibration or temperature change around them, then yes perhaps this skill can be an asset and it can be enhanced. But as far as a place to start training yourself to recognize those things I am not sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328360 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Psychometry
So , do haunted homes and possessed things count under phycometry? Truthfully asking ? Charged items ? Color saturated things? Positively charged totems ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel, Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328365 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Psychometry
Why are we taking this seriously again? Sorry, I forget. This has been explained and established before, why we just casually treat fantasy as reality, right?

Anyway, I hear that positively charged items can be quite the shock if you're well grounded. :silly:

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328367 by
An interesting idea, psychometry applying to buildings. Would that be the same as that sense of awe when standing in front of a cathedral, and then that opposite "you don't deserve to exist within my walls" feeling you are overcome with when you enter that same cathedral?

More
5 years 5 months ago #328371 by Athena_Undomiel

Gisteron wrote: Why are we taking this seriously again? Sorry, I forget. This has been explained and established before, why we just casually treat fantasy as reality, right?

Anyway, I hear that positively charged items can be quite the shock if you're well grounded. :silly:

If you've said your peace in the topic in another thread...great!
Someone new has brought up the topic again and we are having a new conversation. No need to be rude.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago #328373 by Athena_Undomiel

Arisaig wrote: An interesting idea, psychometry applying to buildings. Would that be the same as that sense of awe when standing in front of a cathedral, and then that opposite "you don't deserve to exist within my walls" feeling you are overcome with when you enter that same cathedral?

The way that I understand it...yes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328377 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Psychometry

Athena_Undomiel wrote:

Gisteron wrote: Why are we taking this seriously again? Sorry, I forget. This has been explained and established before, why we just casually treat fantasy as reality, right?

If you've said your peace in the topic in another thread...great!

It was more a plea to remind me again why it is we are taking this seriously, not a query as to why we do it again.

Someone new has brought up the topic again and we are having a new conversation.

"Someone new" has been around for five years already and has at least witnessed and maybe even participated in plenty of these ridiculous hey-who-else-pretends-magic-is-real threads well before bringing it up yet again now.

No need to be rude.

None, indeed.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Gisteron.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328380 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: So , do haunted homes and possessed things count under phycometry? Truthfully asking ? Charged items ? Color saturated things? Positively charged totems ?

No they dont. That is another whole form of magical woowoo thinking. Ideas like poltergeists and spirits are active not retroactive.

What exactly is a positively charged item? Do you mean it is some sort of Ion? Because that is the only valid charge you can speak of when it comes to energy.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi