Psychometry

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328268 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Psychometry
In Tibetan Buddhism they apparently picked the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama by a combination of divination, signs and by letting him pick objects from a selection of objects to see if he picked the ones that belonged to his previous incarnation. So perhaps that is another avenue to consider psychometry, that its previous incarnations finding comfort in the familiar (not necessarily asserting ownership, but similarity).

Being drawn to things for unknown reasons, or those things making associations beyond themselves by their presence.

And then if such things existed, then it would muddy the incidental efforts to define a link between reading an object and connection to its history.

So since lack of scientific proof does not equate to non-existence, and since there is a whole world of paranormal whizzbangery out there to make any skeptics head explode with anxiety, we all gotta get along and have fun with exploring these things.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328275 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Psychometry

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Science does not deal in faith, so no, there will never be a juncture point between the two.

Doesn't it though? I certainly don't, though I wish, have the skill to confirm the math behind the highest level physics, and though I believe them to be correct that simply means I am putting faith into the math and people doing it.

Have science and faith always gone hand in hand, either in opposition or in common goal? How many of the great scientists had faith in their hypotheses before the testing and methodology proved or disproved them?

Just some thoughts,

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Kobos. Reason: I am grammatically challenged

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328278 by
Replied by on topic Psychometry

How many of the great scientists had faith in their hypotheses before the testing and methodology proved or disproved them?

Hence you have just illustrated the difference between something scientific and not. Also why it isnt faith based.

What faith is ever disproved? Who seeks to disprove them? Especially within their own field with a rigorous system of peer reviewed testing? Which tried to in some way truly confirm(other through confrimation bias and terrible cherry-picking) if what one believes is true beyond woo?

I see lines in this thread like "Quantum mechanics says we are all connected" but does the person saying this really know anything behind that? Or was that just a convenient thing to say? It explains nothing of quantum mechanics, or what has been discovered about connection. Its not a real answer, and says nothing. Its just supposed to confirm what? A possibility? Fine....but then what? Science seeks something more, even if it turns out to be disproved. Science seeks results. Faith seeks only ways to perpetuate itself.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328279 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Psychometry

Khaos wrote:
Hence you have just illustrated the difference between something scientific and not. Also why it isnt faith based.

What faith is ever disproved? Who seeks to disprove them? Especially within their own field with a rigorous system of peer reviewed testing? Which tried to in some way truly confirm(other through confrimation bias and terrible cherry-picking) if what one believes is true beyond woo?

Science seeks results. Faith seeks only ways to perpetuate itself.

These are truths, no faith will seek to disprove itself nor would most if any practitioners of said faith. Would it be better to say that both, faith and science are observation based, only one is tested in a real sense the other in the philosophical sometimes, both? Is observation the only point of intersection between faith and science at which point they both simply delineate and go on in different directions?

Sometimes I think I say smart things and then along come Khaos :) .......

Much love, respect and peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
5 years 5 months ago #328281 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Psychometry
Quantum entanglement is a physical phenomenon which occurs when pairs or groups of particles are generated, interact, or share spatial proximity in ways such that the quantum state of each particle cannot be described independently of the state of the other(s), even when the particles are separated by a large distance—instead, a quantum state must be described for the system as a whole.

Entanglement is considered fundamental to quantum mechanics, even though it wasn't recognized in the beginning. Quantum entanglement has been demonstrated experimentally with photons,[13][14][15][16] neutrinos,[17] electrons,[18][19] molecules as large as buckyballs,[20][21] and even small diamonds.[22][23] The utilization of entanglement in communication and computation is a very active area of research.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

So .. that’s the dry wiki version.

I myself have done the research on my own and it’s breathtaking how a human can thing about these difremt variables to measure and test for. To answer your question directly - yes I have and I have met the people who have these questions and get grants to find out if their questions are worth pursuing. Most say..” if the world wasn’t so geeedy - we would know a whole lot more. “ We share a conection with everything. Some how some way- I can’t explain it and neither can science yet... but it’s evident. The application is breathtaking - how will YOU use it ? As with every tool in life - where will you apply it to? Will you seek and will you grow or will you choose not to? Will you encourage others or will you discourage? That’s to every one to decide on their own. Phsycometry can be applied to a vast amount of money driven ideas - get rich schemes and ego driven ways or ... maybe something different. ?? I guess this is the reason for the question... any one had any experience with it ? Any one know anything about it ? Anything usefull? I myself, look forward to the potential dialogue of discovery, where ever it may lead ...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328286 by

Kobos wrote: Doesn't it though? I certainly don't, though I wish, have the skill to confirm the math behind the highest level physics, and though I believe them to be correct that simply means I am putting faith into the math and people doing it.

Have science and faith always gone hand in hand, either in opposition or in common goal? How many of the great scientists had faith in their hypotheses before the testing and methodology proved or disproved them?

No it does not because others do have that skill and there is a common concurrence of the data using their skillsets that have a mastery across multiple different disciplines. It is verifiable and reproducible and even you have the ability to do this if you were to take the time to undergo the formal training you mention you lack. So faith has nothing to do with it.

As for the faith in a hypothesis, no that does not take faith either. First there is an observation. From that observation many hypothesis may be formed as to a possible explanation. All are tested and only the ones that prove viable are kept. The rest are dismissed. From that viable hypothesis other predictions are formed and those are tested and those results are compared to other facts. Once enough verified facts are confirmed a theory is formed or a proof is written about the observation. This is an example of following the evidence to a conclusion. This has nothing to do with faith.

Faith is the opposite of this - deciding on a conclusion first and then finding and accepting only the ideas that support it. Most of the time these ideas are rife with logical fallacy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328287 by
I fixed this for you Carlos...Its called Confirmation Bias.

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

I want magic to exist.
I don't understand quantum mechanics.
Therefore, quantum mechanics could mean magic exists.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .

More
5 years 5 months ago #328288 by Carlos.Martinez3
Why would you assume that I would state that ? Out of jest ? I honestly dont appreciate it.

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328291 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Why would you assume that I would state that ? Out of jest ? I honestly dont appreciate it.

It was the simplest way to get the point across.

You have a conclusion, You then cherry picked a couple of paragraphs from other web sites instead of actually explaining anything yourself. Then you made a grand conclusion that everything is connected. There are many logical fallacies with what you just did. among them your tactics include a straw man argument, an argument from ignorance, and begging the question.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328296 by Carlos.Martinez3
One of the Joys of Jedi ism is that you can pick and choose for your self what when and how to practice and believe in. It is also part of being human. This is a place to share faiths topics and ideas as well as practices and degrees of wisdom and knowledge. Feel free to share and feel free to refare from telling others they are wrong in your eyes... or don’t - either way the focus is obvious.

I do apologize if my interpretations of things have upset you. I can’t argue because as a fellow human , I have the right as well as you to pick and choose. We have the same rights to our own seperate paths. I think it a beautiful thing how difremt people read the same book and get each difffremt things from them. This is what I call the color of the world. You can argue if you like at our differences but count me out . I’m am glad we are not the same. Anyhow may the Force be with you Kyrin as you are your own version of your own faith and even though we differ - expect never to be belittled by me in public or private. Be you - I expect you to be you! No one can be you quite like you.

I still look forward to hearing everyone’s
different take on their own practices on this subject. Force be with y’all

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi