Codes

More
5 years 5 months ago #328154 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Codes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwaFkPMdlY

:silly:

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328155 by
Replied by on topic Codes
Been working on one offhand. Here is a rough draft, I'm sure I could refine it in the near future.

I am a Jedi, above all else.
Darkness throws off the balance of the Force.
My ignorance pushes me to knowledge,
My passion is in peace,
And chaos does not disturb my harmony
As I strive to bring all back into the light.
I am one with the Force,
And the Force is with me.
And I fear nothing,
For all is as the Force wills it
And the Force is my ally.

Any constructive feedback, comments?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328156 by
My Personal Code

In the chaos, I find calm
Through the torrents, I find flow
Against adversity, I find resolve
Within iniquity, I find virtue
Encompassed by hatred, I am love.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328157 by

Arisaig wrote:

Can you give more details on this line?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328158 by

JLSpinner wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Can you give more details on this line?

I follow Potentium philosophy of the Force, or at least my understanding of it from going in depth on the three lines we have of its study.

But, according to this philosophy, the Force is balanced when all are in the light. Darkness upsets the balance, and unfortunately darkness will always exist both internally and externally. As such, its my calling to encourage and bring as many people into the same mindset of understanding, revealing, and conquering darkness (again both externally and internally) is that we can reduce and, perhaps one day, remove the imbalance that darkness causes in the world.

It is, however, an impossible task because darkness exists because of light, shadows cast by the flame that seeks out that darkness. So,in the end, that line is a promise to oneself to always strive to be ones best, the ideal self, and to master one's inner darkness so to be a brighter flame that removes darkness wherever one is.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328162 by
That is a very recursive methodology.

Do you think such a default operating procedure wise?

I can see how all of one aspect of the Force could be seen as balance, but then would that not make it so if it were all Dark?

Is that type of "balance" really so desirable? Many who usually want all of one thing are the biggest monsters in their desire to see it realized.

Finally, can you give me an example of this in application?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328165 by

Khaos wrote: I can see how all of one aspect of the Force could be seen as balance, but then would that not make it so if it were all Dark?

Well no. If the scales are balanced with all the weight on one side, putting it all on the side that would otherwise have the scale balanced while empty would massively throw off the scales.

Khaos wrote: Is that type of "balance" really so desirable? Many who usually want all of one thing are the biggest monsters in their desire to see it realized.

For some, probably not. And in fact, this philosophy counts on that. It is a never ending quest to bring others into the light, but in brightening the flame we shrink the shadows... but also darken them in contrast. Darkness cannot be destroyed, but I'll be damned if I don't try my darnedest otherwise. ;p

Khaos wrote: Finally, can you give me an example of this in application?

I can only point to my own example for now. To be bold, bright, and brave in the face of darkness, both internal and external, and hope others find the heart to follow suit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328647 by

Arisaig wrote: I follow Potentium philosophy of the Force, or at least my understanding of it from going in depth on the three lines we have of its study.

But, according to this philosophy, the Force is balanced when all are in the light. Darkness upsets the balance, and unfortunately darkness will always exist both internally and externally. As such, its my calling to encourage and bring as many people into the same mindset of understanding, revealing, and conquering darkness (again both externally and internally) is that we can reduce and, perhaps one day, remove the imbalance that darkness causes in the world.

I came to these same sort of conclusions when I started to study old christian apocrypha like the Gospel of Thomas and Gospel of Philip. Others of the same genre as well. The Force/Light/Spirit is the basis of all that exists. Darkness/Void is like No-things, shadow of All-things. As some would describe it. It IS but is not, at the same moment. It can be kept on the outskirts, but never truly destroyed..

Balance, according to this line of thought isn't like scales. It more so means "in working order". Like a machine running as it's purposed. The Dark Side would be those things that cause chaos, disorder, and entropy in our universe and disrupts the operation of that machine..

I think the confusion of balance in this sense comes from a long held misrepresentation of certain philosophical principles. Namely the confusion of Feminine/Passivity with Darkness..

More
5 years 4 months ago #328857 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Codes
I don't like writing things down, as soon as you put something into words, some bush lawyer tries to pull it apart.

In any case, broadly, I'd say my rough "decision matrix" / code is as kobos - "don't be a dick"

having said that, for better or worse, I am possessed of a strong desire for justice, which gives me a vindictive streak as wide as you please.

Which sorts of leads into the problem of writing codes - I'd be unlikely to write the JamesSand Code as "don't be a dick, unless they've earned it, in which case it's scorched earth", but in realistic self reflection, that feeling for what is just and fair comes strongly into how I decide to act, so I would be remiss in pretending it wasn't a part of my personal "code", whether I like it or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
5 years 4 months ago #328864 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Codes
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" probably has been my go to. It feeds into the kobos/jamessand line of thinking pretty well

I tend to be a bit of a deflationist and think that words can't adequately capture the truth that's the essence behind a lot of these ideas, so I like idioms and non pretentious koans to illustrate a point better.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi