What if The Thought Camera was invented?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327746 by
Mostly it's because you are a crackpot conspiracy theorist spreading unfounded assertions that are never backed up with any sort of solid facts or evidence. When you are not spreading these theories, designed only to insight fear, you are otherwise contributing nothing of meaningful content in philosophical postulation to a website designed for just such a purpose. Suscinctly I find your content trite and irrelevant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327755 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Mostly it's because you are a crackpot conspiracy theorist spreading unfounded assertions that are never backed up with any sort of solid facts or evidence. When you are not spreading these theories, designed only to insight fear, you are otherwise contributing nothing of meaningful content in philosophical postulation to a website designed for just such a purpose. Suscinctly I find your content trite and irrelevant.

So really, you don't have a reason.

I mean what you are doing is pretty uncalled for. And it's one of your most well known habits and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way You don't just disagree but feel as if you have to throw names as if this is some sort of children's playground. And then make up stuff saying I do this just to spread fear for no reason other than just the lulz I suppose. If a person knows something important than they must be a fear monger I guess. I am contributing. Just because you don't agree with it does not mean I am doing nothing. What are you trying to accomplish anyway? If your goal is to get a rise out of me or somehow change my opinion it won't happen. I already know enough of what's going on.

As I said before there's actually lots of evidence of what's going on out there. I've done this before where I show tons of stuff and people will still not accept it because it's not proof. That is what you want, not evidence, which is not the same thing.

But it's really my fault. I really shouldn't acknowledge you anymore. You don't like me, never did and never give any explanations as if I did something personal to you because you do this on every thread. I don't know what your problems are but I just no longer care at this point. This back and forth banter accomplishes nothing. Not sure why I am your mortal enemy on the threads the one you like to target the most because it makes you feel better, but it doesn't matter at this point. I have said what I need to say. I'm not going to flail my arms around if you disagree because right now it's just getting off topic. I don't despise you like you heavily dislike me on all of my threads. I guess if I wronged you somehow than I am sorry, but now, let's just move on.

I am not sure why the thread was moved to meditation journals but ok.

If not a camera or camcorder of some kind what would be best?

I kind of wonder if things played out and Tesla lived, he would have made it.

It would still be nice to see anyway even if it wasn't used for crime cases, but I do find it strange he had this idea and died not so long ago afterwards.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327757 by Kobos
Yab,

I wouldn't take the comments personally as it is a known habit of this person to be more confrontational the discussion oriented. That said. I think the idea of a thought camera is a tough one to grasp and a dangerous one to consider.

For example, I am an In School Suspension Teacher for high school, I would never hit a kid, ever, I have been struck by a problem student and just kinda ate the punch because any retaliation would absolutely ensure I don't have a job. But, if you took the snap shot of my thought in that moment you would see a solid image of me pulling a pretty simple block to kick combo as I train to do in sparring. On top of that some of my previous employment training is to eliminate a threat entirely, so then, you see me in this image landing a kick to the temple or following up in a way to incapacitate the attacker. (breaking the arm, dislocation, secondary head strike to KO) Though this never happened would this image be enough for a law enforcement or better yet, the school district who employs me to look at and say well, "he could be a threat to the student, best to not have him around at all." Would this be considered a good or bad outcome and use of this technology. Secondly, i watch a lot of horror movies, so if you were to snap shot some of my thought some of them would probably come out pretty screwed up right. Could this become and issue with this device, could i be labeled a killer though I have not committed a crime just because I thought about it when the focus just happened to be on me. This is an interesting thought exercise.

Tesla was an interesting man, I would sat his death has more to do with the level of poverty, agoraphobia and mental duress he was put in after several failed experiments that ruined his reputation as well as Edison essentially draining any hope of continued funding for certain inventions I. E. the wireless transfer of power.

Much love, respect, and peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 6 months ago #327762 by Carlos.Martinez3
If Tesla were alive today - I’m for sure things would be different. If we would have listened to Hedy Lemar instead of just looked at her - things would be different. You could add so many names to this list including a few I know personally - why we didn’t listen to them - but what we CAN do is learn from them now. There’s a plane - air plane that was at South West Reasearch Center in Texas ( just the controls and a monitor ) which was powered by the same concept here - it was “mind controlled.” My step dad ( the one who abused me at a young age) was a cook there and you try to cook for over a thousand and more scientist ... lots of individual orders. So I got the chance at a young age to -line cook- with him. Let me tell you - the things these people were working on and applying to things - Blew my mind at 14! So - science is defiantly needed at times. How we use it ... that’s to us every single time.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328187 by

Kobos wrote: Yab,

I wouldn't take the comments personally as it is a known habit of this person to be more confrontational the discussion oriented. That said. I think the idea of a thought camera is a tough one to grasp and a dangerous one to consider.

For example, I am an In School Suspension Teacher for high school, I would never hit a kid, ever, I have been struck by a problem student and just kinda ate the punch because any retaliation would absolutely ensure I don't have a job. But, if you took the snap shot of my thought in that moment you would see a solid image of me pulling a pretty simple block to kick combo as I train to do in sparring. On top of that some of my previous employment training is to eliminate a threat entirely, so then, you see me in this image landing a kick to the temple or following up in a way to incapacitate the attacker. (breaking the arm, dislocation, secondary head strike to KO) Though this never happened would this image be enough for a law enforcement or better yet, the school district who employs me to look at and say well, "he could be a threat to the student, best to not have him around at all." Would this be considered a good or bad outcome and use of this technology. Secondly, i watch a lot of horror movies, so if you were to snap shot some of my thought some of them would probably come out pretty screwed up right. Could this become and issue with this device, could i be labeled a killer though I have not committed a crime just because I thought about it when the focus just happened to be on me. This is an interesting thought exercise.

Tesla was an interesting man, I would sat his death has more to do with the level of poverty, agoraphobia and mental duress he was put in after several failed experiments that ruined his reputation as well as Edison essentially draining any hope of continued funding for certain inventions I. E. the wireless transfer of power.

Much love, respect, and peace,
Kobos

I understand and thank you for sharing :)

We would already be using wireless electricity and free power. Unlimited perhaps, or at least unlimited for our needs.

People invent things for a purpose so what was his main purpose for trying to invent a thought camera? Was it to expose criminals or simply recreation so one can relive their memories in the form of a picture or video?

I would think of it as the ultimate lie detector if done correctly.

I think all of the things he planned to invent can happened. It isn't stopped just postponed temporarily :)

More
5 years 5 months ago #328218 by Rex
This is the equivalent of questioning "the problem of induction" It isn't a problem and can't be unless it is - by which point, it won't be the biggest problem on your plate. A "thought camera" is either a futile thought experiment or a conspiracy theory.
Either way, what do you want out of all these threads?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328234 by
I always wondered how things would have turned out if he had stayed alive and if perhaps those inspired by him would further make progress on it.

So where are we headed exactly. Wireless electricity is very possible, even Tesla was trying to develop it. Who is to say his other ideas are not possible.

People tend have to these strange ideas thinking that it is impossible until someone proves them wrong which is almost always the case.

Although I sometimes wonder of the side effects too of what may happen if such things were invented. Maybe there'd be a way to shield us from it? From all of the waves? If you have wireless electricity, you're pretty much surrounded by waves and too much of pretty much anything can cause side effects.

Who knows and who can say except the future.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328235 by Carlos.Martinez3
The possiblys can be endless - the company Tesla has a power wall now that is solar powered to store in your home on a “battery” cell in your home. Many have made similar items but think about that - every one making their own renewable energy - yea - that day is coming soon and soooooo looking forward to it. With electric cars now - just think - hook up to your home- get the energy from the sun, blows my mind. Have you ever do a study on Tesla ? If you interested it would be a great study , I did my own and wow - the things he did still amaze me today.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi