The War of Light and Dark

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327636 by
The War of Light and Dark was created by
Native American proverb,

An old shaman was talking to a group of boys preparing for their trials to be ordained men.
Shaman: You should understand that you have two wolves battling within you. The first is a dark creature full of pride, prejudice, fear, hate, disrespect, vengeance, and hate. The second is a light beast full of love, kindness, friendship, service, respect, and hope. Everyday these wolves battle each other for their very survival.

After a long pause one of the boys asked: Which one wind?

Shaman: The one you feed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327637 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic The War of Light and Dark
I've missed you. Good to see you back

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327638 by
Replied by on topic The War of Light and Dark
I'm familiar with this proverb! It's been so long since i heard it, thank you for sharing this.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327641 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The War of Light and Dark
A wonderful proverb friend! I must ask does one let one wolf starve or does he feed both? For both will never die, but can a man control their growth in this way?

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327660 by

Kobos wrote: A wonderful proverb friend! I must ask does one let one wolf starve or does he feed both? For both will never die, but can a man control their growth in this way?

I'd say feed both, but only one enough for it to grow strong. A starved wolf becomes erratic and violent and will take what it wants and needs to live. So rather than put it in that state, keep it just fed enough to sate it, but not enough to put enough strength in its bones to overthrow the one you want to thrive.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327661 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The War of Light and Dark
My Grandfather from my mother's side taught me this when I was very young, and has been one of the few teachings that has stuck with me through the years...

Of course, it's all metephors for something deeper, one wolf symbolizing the higher self, the other the primal. Both are essential...

I feed both, equally. To deny one over the other, is to deny a vital & essential part of ourselves, preventing us from ever truly healing past traumas and becoming whole...

Both can do great harm without the other, it is mankind's ignorance and insistant stubbornness that has led us to believe one is better than the other. Get to know them both. Accept & love them both, and you'll grow more than you can imagine...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327665 by
Feed the Higher Self, let the lower starve until it's gone..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327669 by
Zenchi is right. Feed them both. The illusion you see that they fight is wrong. They are not in competition with one another, they are in cooperation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327693 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The War of Light and Dark
I thank you all for your replies and I must say I agree. It is that both must be fed but kept on different length of leashes. The light side a longer leash but still bound as unrestrained it will leave you. This happens in many ways naivety being one, humbling oneself until you are hollow being another. The dark side one must keep tighter but still enough room to move or it will only attack yourself. Should you never feed that dark side it will become savage as any hungry animal will.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
5 years 6 months ago #327711 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thank you for the story !
Classic
I’m a feeder ...
I have cousins who if ever they visited ... i would always sit at a table with them and feed them but would also be carful with my valuables. This is one of those story’s to me that represents the individuals balance and the ability they can have. Feed. Don’t feed. Balance seems to be the idea here. Balance is different for every person. Myself - I starved my dark till I could handled it and think strait - now - it is very much a part of me as the light- took a while but it took finding that balance too. He don’t bite - but then again - he does. Smiley face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi