Your Definition...

More
5 years 6 months ago #327618 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’m doing a project and I would like to key in as many possibilities as possible.
So the question, my Temple is this,

What is your own actual definition of Your Jedi ism?
Not what you think as a whole what we “should be” or what we “could be” but what is your current definition of it right now?
This isn’t for arguments sake or nit picking by any means - every applicable answer is valid because let’s face it - very answer that is represented here is a form of Jedi ism in this Temple. I would really like to know. I will add my own over a bit of time but if you can sum it up in less than a paragraph, a few sentences - that would be king! so - real life application - can u explain what Jedi ism is to you - for me?
Again, this is not a debate more than it is an old man trying to hear and find out what’s up in and with my Temple. I look forward to your responses !!!!!
May the Force and - maybe- the Force of others —- hint hint - be with us.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, jpadkins, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327635 by
Replied by on topic Honestly..
For me Jediism is a Religion based on the Jedi ideals in star wars and a belief in the Force, as the Force is an energy that cannot be created or destroyed it Flows around & through everything in the universe including us, and the direction it flows is controlled by everyone in the Universe whether they know the Force exists or not and weather alive or apart of the force itself. that is my short definition on what I personally think.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327650 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Honestly..
I'm a self confessed space cadet, so to me its like an hybrid of 'astrosociology' and heavily 'adaptive behaviour/psychology' which happens to end up as some amalgam having analogs to the source fiction from which the name is borrowed from. It also hooks into various fields of study to engineer outcomes in that regard, both fictional and non-fictional. As a result it should exceed and extend beyond the apparent reality of life, and therefore actually be useful perhaps :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327659 by
Replied by on topic Your Definition...
For me its come to be about the silence and beauty of nature's impartiality, and the bending of my bow within that, with compassion and justice as equal sources of my power. It's also a path of trust and great friendship with others - the removal of muddy boots and socks in hallways, and the mutual cleaning up of same without complaint. Also, a little about imagination though this something I am still exploring.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by . Reason: To add the idea I am still exploring

More
5 years 6 months ago #327663 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Your Definition...
Great stuff - keep it coming !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327670 by
Replied by on topic Your Definition...
A Jedaii Ranger is a defender of freedom and a seeker of truth. I think this is a greater cause than that of service to others and I believe that was always supposed to be the original charter of the Jedi, but somewhere along the way it got corrupted. My journals in my signature will tell you more than I can ever say here in this brief note. If you are interested please check it out and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

More
5 years 6 months ago #327689 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Your Definition...
I look at it like this, first its a perspective that can go by many names, I use Jedi to understand my connection to The Force and how I define it. From here Jedi means (to me) a person who connects to the force to be a person that is, not a person that will be or a person that was. I have found that being a person that "is" is more difficult than the other 2. Others can reach it in different ways both religiously and not. I use the perspective of Jedi because that to me best fits my perception of what understanding, training and ideology it takes to be actively connected to what is now.

Much Love, Peace and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 6 months ago #327700 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic Your Definition...
My interpretation of Jediism is simply contemporary Taoism that places a little more emphasis on the "what can be done"s to positively influence the world. In life, there are times when it is important to take in the reflections of simply, what is, but it's equally important to know how and when our actions can be used to save a life and the cost associated with the intervention. Jediism forms a modal of being that is congruent with my approach to resolving conflict and promoting wellness under the tense of knowing timeliness of action and growing as an individual through the study of how they ripple out and interact with the whole.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, jpadkins

More
5 years 6 months ago #327706 by jpadkins
Replied by jpadkins on topic Your Definition...
Thank you so much for this conversation Carlos! I am looking forward to hearing the responses.

When I came to follow the path of Jediism it was because of my underlying belief that there is an energy at the basis of the universe that flows to us and through us. I have heard it referred to as Source, Universe, The Tao, Vibration and now The Force. I believe that life runs smoother when you are in alignment with that energy; when you are not trying to swim upstream. Therefore, my practice of Jediism is to understand and become more in line with the Force and teach others to do the same.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327709 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Your Definition...

jpadkins wrote: Thank you so much for this conversation Carlos! I am looking forward to hearing the responses

As Am I and to maybe add to my own..

Therefore, my practice of Jediism is to understand and become more in line with the Force and teach others to do the same.

May I ask directly - to you - how do you do that? How do you spin your yarn - how do you show your faith and practice —- how do you understand it - that’s the question and I hope to get a whole beautiful aray of what is in actual practice... presently.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, jpadkins

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi