A Trial of using all five senses to help calm yourself.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326886 by Atania Kenobi
As an aging pre-adult Life is stressful, but If we found a successful way of calming the entire body then perhaps there will be better peace of mind.
This thought of using all five body senses to help calm and refocus the mind came to me while holding a bag of marbles and alternating it between both hands. The movement, sounds, feeling, and the hand-eye coordination calmed me. So, I thought if I tested an exercise of all five body senses taste, touch, smell, sight, and hearing could help my mind and body. So, in this exercise you begin laying on your back, taking deep breaths in and out, calming music could be played as background sound if you so chose. scented candles or a natural oil to surround you in an environment give yourself at least 10 to 15 minutes (less if you need) to fall into a calm state of mind. Then another exercise would be similar to using a stress ball, but a small bag of marbles (or dry rice). Calm music can be played if you want, but there will be a sound coming from the marbles in the bag while you roll and pass the bag between your hands keep your eyes on the bag as you do this because this can help improve hand-eye coordination.
This is a working progress form of meditation that I would like to try. If you would like to try you can, and you can alter things to your own use. Have a great day and May The Force Be With You!!!

Atania
Knight of the Order
My Journals- IP / Apprentice / Personal
House of Orion
Teaching Master- Zero
”People are like flowers. We follow the way of heliotropism: the following and turning away from the light. From this, there is a diversity in the flowers some are large and small, tall and short, putrid and fragrant, yet in the end they bloom in their own time and in their own ways. Beauty in diversity and in yourself is for you alone to experience and to cherish.
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326935 by
What about Taste?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326941 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: What about Taste?

My personal go to is Tic-Tacs. XD but I guess technically the tongue is always tasting the inside of the mouth. ;P

More
5 years 6 months ago #326966 by Locksley
This is great. I definitely have observed, in myself, the power of concentrating on some tactile sensation in times of stress -- it can be very "grounding"; being able to come out of the "heady" space and focus on something is a great practice.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: What about Taste?

I practiced taste after I first watched that film "Ratatouille." :laugh: Concentrating on flavor -- really paying attention to all the subtleties of it -- is fun and brings to light a world of experience I think it is easy to overlook.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
5 years 6 months ago #326967 by Adder
The term one-taste is used in some Buddhism interestingly. The 4 yoga's of the Mahamudra are a nice framework to exercise physical senses in their own ways, into a referenced nature as essence through meditation.
One pointed focus on each physical sense and cycling it through iterations of its existence, then those things can be related via the process through application of abandoning value judgement on those iterations as they manifest. The third stage of one-taste is when the senses mingle with each other such that subjective experience takes on a new state with its action to objective reality ie 'the one taste' being 'the one sense'. Finally, the phase where this exists as an ongoing state of awareness where energies are freed from subjective bias to instead penetrate perception and extend its mobility... and perhaps its reach.
Sorta thing :silly:
Quite analogous to connecting to the Force IMO!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi