Is this the status quo?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326505 by
Is this the status quo? was created by
I've been here under a month and so it may just be unlucky timing. For most of my weeks here, when I log in, there are just a couple of replies to discussions. Today when I logged in there were 29 replies to an excommunication post, 18 replies to a reinstatement thread, 13 replies to a worldwide revolution thread.......
and ONE reply to "What it means to be a Jedi".

The creed says "Where there is hatred I shall bring love; Where there is injury, pardon;............and where there is sadness, joy" I'm not seeing any of that in those discussions.

So as a brand new member I ask in earnest - is this the status quo?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326507 by
Replied by on topic Is this the status quo?
Unfortunately, sometimes that's how it is.

So, be the chnage you wanna see in the world. Start the threads you wanna see, respond to the threads you wanna see more activity in, and ignore the rest. These nasty threads are temporary, the beautiful posts last forever.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326509 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Is this the status quo?
Having been here for a long time I have to say it ebbs and flows. Some days its lots of things happening, other days pretty quiet.
You have to sometimes remember why you personally came here and work on that.
Ignoring the 'crap' is sometimes the best way.
There are a great bunch of people here at Totjo, and as with life crap happens. It will be worked through, always is.
People are still working on the IP and talking, others are working on personal issues but somethings do seem to overshadow everything else, it will fade. Things may move forward or not but dont let problems stop you working on whatever you wish.
Like life there will be obstacles and there will be days of celebration or just contemplation.
Be here to do what you came here to do, dont be put of or dragged into other things if you dont wish to.
:)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Jhannuzs Ian

More
5 years 6 months ago #326510 by Carlos.Martinez3
Our own focus can dictate our direction. Those who seek lift will find .... those who seek dark shall find.... so on and so on. Feel free to continue to look through the forum. You will find encouragment - fresh posts and weekly new ideas. May I invite you to a few?
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/121532-nakis-garden

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/115769-the-block

There are sermons
There are all kinds of fun and encouraging stuff you can join.
I must admit there are things happening as with life that must take place. No place is perfect. Here is no exception! Over time we will have conflict and not see eye to eye but hey - that’s the joy of life sometimes - that’s where we can learn if we choose to or - crash and burn.
Take some time to scroll past all that and find what it is tour lolimg for my friend. Feel free to contact me directly if you ever like. May the Force be with you as you
Seek it !!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326511 by

Arisaig wrote: So, be the chnage you wanna see in the world. Start the threads you wanna see, respond to the threads you wanna see more activity in, and ignore the rest. These nasty threads are temporary, the beautiful posts last forever.

Arisaig - it's not so much about changing the world to fit me. I'm more wondering if I'm in a place I even want to change. I'm wondering if I'm in a place filled with Jedi, doing their best to live like Jedi.

People can have bad days. We don't always live up to the ideals we wish, but do we even try?

If this is the status quo, rather than an exception, I have to make a decision if I truly found the community I was looking for.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326520 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Is this the status quo?
I wouldn't say the discord you see now is status quo, per se.

I would say that, as others have stated, it ebbs and it flows. I would also say that it maybe happens a tad bit more than one might like? Or maybe I just notice it more.

And when discordant threads, they sometimes seem the loudest. As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Discordance tends to gain attention more easily than harmony. I think this is probably human nature.

I would also say that the good conversations far outweigh the bad, in terms of content. And that in calm times, they get their fair share of attention and great learning and growth is had. And much of this happens "behind closed doors".... Perhaps too much. Perhaps we keep our good conversations in private too frequently and we need to make them more visible. That's something those of us who have been here longer ought to consider.

I'm not sure that's an answer worth giving, but it is what I've observed.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #326522 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Is this the status quo?
It will be for awhile I imagine. There are a few characters here, at all levels of rank, and their impacts while different, are equally distracting to themselves and others. The good news, or bad news, is all Jedi sites seem to have their own blend of fruit :D
The question becomes, are you here for the flavour of fruit, or something else :side:
:silly:
Or as they say in Zoolander, 'don't be distracted by the celebrities'.

PS: we are all fruits!!
PPS: don't worry, no-one else likes my jokes either.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326523 by
As someone who sees ALL of it, this place can have its share of drama, but what people tend to forget is that while we are Jedi, we are HUMAN first. Part of providing an environment that empowers people to take control of their own paths is allowing everyone to have an opinion and share it openly. This can result in a lot of friction when a topic is of importance to someone or it involves the politics, policy, and operation of the Temple.

Believe me, I strive for peace as much anyone else here, but sometimes we have to work through some prickly patches in order to get back to the balance we seek. Be patient and give it some time. I think you'll find that there is more of value here than not. If nothing else, we can learn from these trials and try to be better in the future.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326526 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Is this the status quo?
To answer the OP, this is cyclical. See, there are a lot of broken things at this Temple, as many as there are in any social group composed of Homo sapiens. And, like many of those social groups, we here at the Temple say we want to change things, but for whatever reason, find that it's harder than it sounds to do so. Therefore, Band-Aids™ get placed, life moves on, we learn, we laugh, we love, we grow, we have fellowship. And then we explode on each other when the system breaks down again.

We're not perfect, but we're not an abberation in society, either. Every social group follows this pattern if they don't change what's broken at the core. Don't fret. We're working on becoming better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326532 by

steamboat28 wrote: ... we learn, we laugh, we love, we grow, we have fellowship. And then we explode on each other when the system breaks down again.

Sounds like something family does, imo. Have all the fun, then at each other's throats when shit's not right. Then, back to meh. You're right. It is cyclical.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi