What's Wrong With A Pastor of Force Practice

More
5 years 5 months ago #327752 by Gisteron

jpadkins wrote: My belief is the corrolation between Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe and what CERN says about Dark Matter/Energy https://home.cern/about/physics/dark-matter.

Hate to be a buzz-kill, but the article you linked doesn't mention "fundamental", "underlying", or "nature" at all. Have you read it? Does it say anything that sounds even remotely like what you believe the Force is?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327756 by Kobos

thomaswfaulkner wrote: I think these are some good working points to consider. I'm digging the idea you threw out, Kobos. So rather than looking at appointing another assistant pastor, would a title such as historian be better suited? Appoint someone to collaborate with myth, any and all of it, to draw stories and lessons from them and apply it to the clergy ministry as a whole?

Like brother John describing his post above. Promoting inclusivity without setting firm limitations on the definition. But this might beg the question on whether or not this is an SIG fix.

I'm just shooting an arrow out and seeing where it hits. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

I think a Historian position is actually an interesting position to consider in a different capacity though. There have been a lot of things going on both in the past and recently that set precedents, I think a historian would be the person who combs previous threads and documents with the assistance of the Librarian at the request of the council or knights to see where precedents are set (there is a lot of data and posts to comb through in certain scenarios). I think this could be vital in not only showing an active effort to make sure that there is a consistent and historical protocol for dealing with situations like we have been recently seeing making future interactions smoother and less arguable.

That said I think the idea of energy healing falls under the similar way we have the Hurricane Martial Arts group, where it is really just a group of us interested in similar fields and so posts of videos, tutorials and discussion can be used to further the individual study of this facet of learning. If we have to have someone in official leadership position for it it is little more than a Sig mod and that person could just be named the head of said study group.

Just my 2 cents

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi