A question

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #324974 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic A question
As a Jedi, I do believe that there's inherent worth within all life; however some lives are worth more than others.

Would I put myself in harm's way to save a pedophile? Probably not. In such a situation, I would probably work moreso to ensure their demise than anything else.

Would I run into a compromised building (fire/explosion/etc) to save the lives of others? Probably. Part of my EDC as a Jedi is made up of first aid and trauma kit items combined with training to diagnose and treat field injuries up to and including gunshots & shrapnel; as well as burns and fire trauma.

I follow the Gray path of Jediism, so I focus less on "light" and "dark" and instead focus moreso on logical and objective decision making.

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Kohadre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #324977 by
Replied by on topic A question

elizabeth wrote: I protect the people I value and they protect the people they value and eventually everyone has someone watching out for them. It seems like the least we humans can do for one another.

Thank you Goken that is a beautiful way of looking at things.

Confession. It's a paraphrase from something Roy Mustang said in Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. It didn't start out that way but once I realized that it was I just went with it. Lol.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by .

More
5 years 8 months ago #325008 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic A question

Kohadre wrote: Would I put myself in harm's way to save a pedophile? Probably not. In such a situation, I would probably work moreso to ensure their demise than anything else.

Would I run into a compromised building (fire/explosion/etc) to save the lives of others? Probably.
I follow the Gray path of Jediism, so I focus less on "light" and "dark" and instead focus moreso on logical and objective decision making.

You would probably run into a burning, crumbling building, risking your ability to ever save anyone ever again, in situations as dire as this one and in safer ones as well, in the hopes of maybe saving someone who may have already lost a limb, breathed enough smoke, or lost enough blood to maybe not survive the night even if you do get them out (and yourself, if luck will have it so) while they are still alive, and who - for all you know - might well be one of those pedophiles you'd also probably work toward the demise of rather than anything else, let alone putting yourself at risk...

I'm not judging you for either your feelings towards those who are tempted to do harm to the innocent, nor for your otherwise heroic spirit. My intent at current is only to say, that mayhaps this is neither about light, nor about darkness, nor logic, nor objectivity. Even consistency I'd hesitate to assign to it, respectable though it may be, to some extent, or to another.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
5 years 8 months ago #325015 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic A question
From the answers above, then in certain circumstances... Say trying to save someone from a fire or in the moment, seeing a stranger needing help, then we value them as much as anyone else.

Its only when we knew something we then judge their value I guess.
That sounds not so good, but I guess giving someone value, worth to us, is judgemental.

If its a choice I would choose my circle first

Kinda sounds like our heads judge, our hearts see equal value in everyone.
But logically you can't save everyone or help everyone so probably everyone would have a different order as to who holds value in their lives.

We might wish to help, value all
But life, circumstances, we can only do what we do.
Vaule our circle, teach and love them keep them strong and hope they spread that into their circle and so on..
Kinda like Gokens quote..
Makes me think these answers thanks for that

Everything is belief

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #325021 by
Replied by on topic A question
For a large majority of people the reaction will mostly depend on the relevant emotional attachment to said person and the inherent risk/potential for loss involved. There are many beliefs and philosophies that promote maintaining an innocent and quiet mind to keep those attachments to a minimum to prevent bias. I know a few firefighters that use Eastern meditative methods to maintain calm and focus during these situations. But those are fully trained professionals.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi