• Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323828 by
Replied by on topic Darkness

Streen wrote:

Manu wrote: Sci-fi movies have led me to believe that black holes are dangerous

So are stars ;)

Damn, well said.

Reminds me of a quote about Ashla and Bogan (I quote it often enough) from the book Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void.

"A Je’daii needs darkness and light, shadow and illumination, because without the two there can be no balance. Veer to Bogan, and Ashla feels too constraining, too pure; edge toward Ashla, and Bogan becomes a monstrous myth. A Je’daii without balance between both is no Je’daii at all. He, or she, is simply lost."

Now this isn't to say I believe a Jedi needs darkness, but they do need to understand darkness in order to be less prone to fall to it. Explore inner darkness in order to combat it internally so you are better prepared to combat it externally.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323829 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Darkness

Explore inner darkness in order to combat it internally so you are better prepared to combat it externally.

Know thyself, that's every humans responsibility imo. That should be enough for anyone. If that's not the first motivation, than one tends to get lost in their own fluff...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 9 months ago #323830 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323835 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Darkness
My analog to darkness has always been test flying LOL
Mapping boundaries safely, in effect as a principle or spirit I tend to classify it as 'exploration', and that a balance of curiosity and survival serves as its driving paradigm of 'sense', to feel out the unknown. Associate coordinate frames, assess types of movements within them, then set safe standards while deriving efficient process to maximize reach..... push, yet prevail.

A Dune reference might be the pain box for example, and Star Wars of course Dagobah cave. But we have different sensory toolkits to explore the terms uses, as feeling, vision, concept, morality, addiction etc, whether it be individually or combined.... but if you do various approaches to the concept then you might tend not to sit with one unless your chained to it.... and for me I feel like the terminology has had to become a bit streamlined to speak to a wider applicability and therefore inform a wider range of new potentials.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323962 by
Hi Revan,
I wanted to add my expiriences with the Dark. I found a part deep inside me, a place very much like the one you described. I was trained to seek this place and to contact the "entities" inside it. As far as I understand, it is the part of ourselves in which we put away the things we dont want to see, the traits we dont want to notice about our person. In that place the shadow dwells - the version of us we won't confront during the light of day, so to speak.

In Wiccan Tradition, one has to become one with this shadow, embrace it as part of who we are. This will opne the way to the source of your "magical will" - or so they say. I think it is that place, where the Force touches us, binds us together.

I have to go now, but if you want, I will talk more about this.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323971 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Darkness
I think kinteticCat has said this well at least for me and my meditative state.

For what it is worth. When I first began to Practice meditation I began by learning to simply silence the mind and try to still the body to a state of being awake but asleep. As I learned the ability to block things out and hear nothing I have began to simply let the mind wander. Through this I did face thought that I simply did not want too (flaws in character, bad decisions, negative events, worst emotions I left hidden from others and never faced) but the state and art of having to learned to sit silently mentally (through many times of facing things I may not have been ready for, which will cause distress to the emotional state sometimes after meditation) allowed me to simplify these thoughts to the most morally simple and instinctual level (to my definition of moral and instinctual). From there it has led me either to action or when to understand when there is no action. I have just begun to think it is the way the mind deals with many things it wishes to suppress on an instinctual level and sub conscious level. To be honest those, meditation sessions suck but they do leave me at peace after.

I guess the point of all this babble is this, meditation like any other thing is about practice. If you see a darkness you must go into, you must first be prepared. Ensure you feel your state of meditation is strong enough to do what you feel to be right in facing. As to when you are ready, well now, that is up to you. I look forward to the results you find and know that in time peace of mind awaits you.

for the record this has just been my experiences.

Much love and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kobos. Reason: Added

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323982 by
I think anyone who denies their darkness is naive. All those things that make us who we are, we cannot run away from. I am no stranger to repression, either. The longer you fight your darkness, the harder it pushes out and it can certainly manifest in some nasty ways. Accept yourself in your entirety and utilize what you need to live the best life that you want. If more of you is dark, use it to your advantage and make it do what you want, because it is actually you that you are controlling. Dark visions are those things that you've pushed to your subconscious, either because of your upbringing, or because it has scared you into believing that they are better left in the dark. You would do yourself a kindness to explore what it is that you are repressing. Just my take.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi