The Topic of Censorship and Banning

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323234 by Brick
Following a discussion in the Shoutbox, and request to move this to the forum, I have started this thread.

Previous discussion:
Warning: Spoiler!

please can I remind everyone of the terms of use laid out in Behaviour Unbecoming, link at the top of the page.

And, in line with that, can we avoid the use on names, unless absolutely necessary to the topic of discussion.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #323236 by Brick

Athena_Undomiel wrote: Zenchi is right, my concern is the council-bashing and assumed "censorship by fear of banning" on the about box. I agree the conversation should be moved to the forum

Also, for the record, I wasn't bashing the council. I was voicing my concern at current council policy. I have no problem with the council as individuals or as a group.

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Athena_Undomiel

More
5 years 9 months ago #323237 by Carlos.Martinez3
Due to privacy issues and such - you are not gunna be able to know about every ban and every reason why...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
5 years 9 months ago #323240 by Rosalyn J
I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with. If you all can come up with a solid proposal, just send the fruit to me or any Council member in a PM. We will read the proposal and voice our consents. 7 consents are needed to pass any proposal

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
5 years 9 months ago #323241 by Brick

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Due to privacy issues and such - you are not gunna be able to know about every ban and every reason why...

Thats fair enough. But given that most of the bannings happen due to things that occur in the public forum, its seems daft that they those public occurances should then be 'soft deleted'.

For example, OB1's current ban. I'm only kicking up a fuss because I can't see why he was banned, despite everything he did being in the public forum. If I could see it, I might think 'yeah, fair enough, he was being a dick'. But I can't. So now I have no clue why he was banned. Which makes things look really fishy

- Knight Senan

More
5 years 9 months ago #323242 by Carlos.Martinez3
Feel free to ask for a list or something like that - ask - that’s what you CAN do

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 9 months ago #323243 by Brick

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Feel free to ask for a list or something like that - ask - that’s what you CAN do

That's what I AM doing :laugh: ;)

- Knight Senan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323244 by

Rosalyn J wrote: I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with. If you all can come up with a solid proposal, just send the fruit to me or any Council member in a PM. We will read the proposal and voice our consents. 7 consents are needed to pass any proposal

How about a locked thread that only council can comment on with the inciting event, warnings, and final event posted in spoilers? That way its still up for people to go check on, but it can be removed from the threads so to get the thread back on track? Anything further from that really should just be done by private request in PMs.

EDIT: Screenshots of the event, not just a written report.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by .

More
5 years 9 months ago #323245 by Carlos.Martinez3

Brick wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Due to privacy issues and such - you are not gunna be able to know about every ban and every reason why...

Thats fair enough. But given that most of the bannings happen due to things that occur in the public forum, its seems daft that they those public occurances should then be 'soft deleted'.

For example, OB1's current ban. I'm only kicking up a fuss because I can't see why he was banned, despite everything he did being in the public forum. If I could see it, I might think 'yeah, fair enough, he was being a dick'. But I can't. So now I have no clue why he was banned. Which makes things look really fishy

Suggestion :

Directly contact officers or mods or council member - ask- directly for a direct answer. No amount of information is hidden here. It won’t be public. You may have to kindly ask privately .

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 9 months ago #323246 by Zenchi

OK, I have one suggestion on this topic. A thread was locked because certain pronouns were used towards a certain member, never was it made public which pronouns should be used or would have been preferred. This, cannot continue...

If threads like that are going to be locked for such reasons, that information needs to be made public as to who wants to be called what pronouns, otherwise we're avoiding clarification which could help avoid further confusion....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi