Jedi Office for Outer Space Nomenclature

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318171 by
There should be a movement for "Jedi Office for Outer Space Nomenclature".

Greek Paganism actually is most similar a majority of Global Cultures, with especial inclusion, Norse, Gaedhlig Celtic, Zonguo (Chinese), HIndu (Poseidon Cult & historically Greek), Egyptian, & Mayan (The Tzalagi name for Sfaira Zeus actually is "Zusiterase"). Greek Paganism truly is respectable & sociologically appropriate.

The local Kosmos should be respected (& not blasphemed, not at all is redundant).

With the publication of the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names, society is more likely to reflect what's appropriate.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318176 by Carlos.Martinez3
The society in which I find my self in now , has adapted many difrent independent names for every day uses. I'm not quite sure if they did that intentionally or it's a big conspiracy to melt or force a smelt of unity on us but I live in America and we have Latin Spanish Greek and many other titles hidden in our written launguage. I often find my self amazed as me and my family have found difrent cultures names for constellations... Castor and Pollux - monster slay er and child born of water - shu and tefnut- we still seek others in our nightly family search. If Jedi ism is a syncretic type of freedom ... how can we centralize a path or a way that seeks and encourages the diffrences . Maybe be just a finding revelation of paths ? What do you think?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318177 by
Could you explain why this should be an office? We have a SIG (special Interest Group) for those that practise paganism, if that's what you're looking for.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318189 by OB1Shinobi
Maybe Putin is Snoke?

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318190 by Rex
Oddly enough, I actually did a lot of research on Norse paganism and I did some immersion when I was learning Mandarin. I'm far from an expert, but you don't seem to understand a lot of key information about several of those listed beliefs. I'm wrong all the time, so feel free to correct me.

The similarities aren't actually the characters, but the roles they fill (cue Campbell). The Greeks, Gaelic, and Norse were keen on euhemerizing historical figures, but oddly enough Christianity had the final cut on the latter two as they were recorded in the eddas (which is why Thor is a marvel superhero instead of Tiwaz).

I have no idea why you roped Chinese beliefs in, it's a totally different beast. Also one Mayan deity with a similar sounding name to a Greek god is not really proof.

The planets were named after Roman deities because the then-related alchemy and astrology were keen on that.

What exactly are you suggesting? And are you sure you have your facts straight?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318208 by Adder
Outer Space Nomenclature.... is sort of where I'm at, but its mostly physics, and not easy to sell. They are really useful as labels to denote dynamics - the work is associating them to the inner dynamics (which is also what makes it fun and useful).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318215 by
I have already opened this office and am it's liaison officer. If there are any questions please contact my office at br549 and I will get back to you asap

Please be patient in this, I'm on the dark side of the moon until next week and loki is currently running the office.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318294 by OB1Shinobi
Wait are you saying you want me to let go of Uranus?!? I enjoy Uranus so much though. Uranus the nicest mass in the universe, and im NOT giving it up!

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318297 by ren

OB1Shinobi wrote: Wait are you saying you want me to let go of Uranus?!? I enjoy Uranus so much though. Uranus the nicest mass in the universe, and im NOT giving it up!

Uranus being what it is I think scott wants to keep hold of it too! The greek god of the sky remains such a popular guy.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318334 by
The point really is that Greek Paganism actually is respectable.

The published Lune Names actually are Greek Pagan, & mostly Female spouse Names to the male Greek Pagan Deities.

Most often, in the presentation of a concept, what people feel they need to work with a concept actually is to feel safe with the concept amidst others. That's why when a concept actually is presented, variably that concept actually is followed with antagonizations that do not make a real point, not actually, though are merely blather utilized to actually ward the others within the group of considering the point.

Amidst enemies, the greatest people within a group will scarcely appeal for friends.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi