Random Food Adventures of Halcyon

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #315972 by
I'm not certain where this should go, so here it goes. Yahoo.

In the recent IP Study Hall, I was bidden to talk about my food (mis)adventures. As such, in this thread I will be posting my personal recipes, as well as going through and telling you some of the great food adventures I have partaken in.

As I said in the IP Study Hall, I was taught Japanese cooking. Specifically Japanese Microwave cooking. Most recipes don't take longer than 6 or so minutes to cook amazingly delicious Japanese cuisine. That being said, this first post will contain two of my greatest food blunders ever.

Long ago, I smelt the most delicious cooked beef smell I ever smelt. So I went down to investigate. Sure enough there were these meaty chunks in a skillet. Now at this time I ate like a goat, so I grabbed a tortilla wrap, my trusty ranch and so to the task. I made myself what I had hoped would be a very tasty beefy ranch tortilla.

I took a bite....and oh my goodness. It was awful. Turns out it was liver and meant for dogs. I have never regretted meat more in my life than that one moment.

Something for Twigga now.

Long long ago, I was eating bangers and mash. For those of you playing the State version of this game, that's sliced up sausage in mashed potatoes. It's delicious and I enjoyed my meal peacefully in the common area at work. Then a worker came up to me and asked what I was eating. For the life of me I could not remember what it was called. I racked my brain long and hard. Eventually a term (the wrong one) came to mind. And with the most sincerest face and jovial attitude I proclaimed, "I think it's called mashed wankers."

I like to think that to this day there is some man out there eating this same dish and believe he is eating what is known as mashed wankers. It warms my heart.

So the next reply to this topic will be a quick and dirty recipe to have a backed potato cooked in the microwave. WOO!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #315977 by
Replied by on topic Random Food Adventures of Halcyon
Here's a website showing how to microwave a potato. Quick and easy. It says you can wrap your potato in a moist paper towel. WRAP YOUR POTATO IN A MOIST PAPER TOWEL! If you don't it ends up being very dry and gross. Think of the microwave as a mini-steamer. It's going to excite the water molecules and can cause things to be dry.

The same principle applies to reheating pizza in the microwave. If you put your slice of pizza in there with a cup of water, the pizza comes out soft and delicious. The water in the cup helps re-moisten the pizza.

https://www.wikihow.com/Bake-a-Potato-in-the-Microwave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #316050 by
Hah! Thanks Halcyon. This reminds me of how I cook Krieltjes.

Attachment smallpotatoes.jpg not found

Speaking of not-remembering the right words for things, I am struggling for the word for Krieltjes.... My head goes to "small potatoes" but the feeling attached to this is somehow derogatory, diminutive... so not sure how they're called off the top of my head; so I also shared a sympathetic laugh with you on the accidental misnaming of bangers and mash :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340901 by
If you are in the mood for some yummy potatoes and don’t have a lot of time to wait, then you should know how to bake a potato in the microwave.

Try this dude.

Remember a potato can catch fire if you cook too long. If you want a good result, then you have to bake around five minutes, so it doesn’t burn up or even explode.

Check Out this for full Recipe: http://bit.ly/335NcOe

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi