Dueling saber concept art

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #313180 by
Replied by on topic Dueling saber concept art
Yeah I was thinking a dark bronze and a bright brass color. One would be in the brown color scheme and the other it the yellow or red. That could make them stand out some but not to an extreme either. Subtle yet extravagant.

Chris I do have a concept in development that would allow me to activate and have a actual "blade" extend from the hilt. However, my concept will not be anything as solid as the blades from either of the fore mentioned. I do think it would be sturdy enough in the sense that you could swing and feel it impact another's blade in a similar manner. I'm excited that I might be able to present a working model here.

If I cannot make a working prototype, then at least I will have a proper dueling blade that I can use. We shall see soon as I am preparing to begin the construction process very soon.

After my blades I will be focusing my energies into a fully interactive and independent astromech droid...so excited to begin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #313181 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Dueling saber concept art
They tend to be too long to sling across ones back, so an idea is to have them mount into a separate hilt. The image of hilt on belt and bag of blades across ones back comes to mind... doesn't save much length, but a little bit, and allows the hilt to sit out front on display as part of a 'look' while the bag of blades can be tossed around as required, for movement, sitting, driving etc when not in use as a combined unit. It also differentiates it from a condition of being a 'weapon' and one of 'bits' for a more benign public exposure.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #313344 by
Replied by on topic Dueling saber concept art

Adder wrote: They tend to be too long to sling across ones back, so an idea is to have them mount into a separate hilt. The image of hilt on belt and bag of blades across ones back comes to mind... doesn't save much length, but a little bit, and allows the hilt to sit out front on display as part of a 'look' while the bag of blades can be tossed around as required, for movement, sitting, driving etc when not in use as a combined unit. It also differentiates it from a condition of being a 'weapon' and one of 'bits' for a more benign public exposure.

Why can I not make a convenient yet covert saber sheath concealed in my trousers...maybe I should just withdraw that question now? At any rate loose fitting pants inside a robe, couldn't I easily hide a saber blade within this somehow and still have the hilt hang from my belt?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi