Do Jedi use

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312714 by
Replied by on topic Do Jedi use
hmm, I don't believe, like many people have said, that there is anything in particular. Personally, I burn incense and use regular oils for anything I may need to add a blessing to. I say a quick prayer to God and the Force and then use it for whatever.

It really comes down to you personally, I think :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312715 by
I've struggled with the idea of consecration myself, as Cyan alluded to: how to reconcile the concept of sanctifying something that is part of the Force and therefore already primordially sacred. I come close sometimes with the idea of adding an intention. I'm a reiki practitioner (hold your giggles, please), so I will frequently imbue an object or a food with an intention to transmit healing energy. I wouldn't say that I'm ambivalent about the practice, but there's a real dissonance for me in thinking that I can somehow make the miraculous even more miraculous.

More
6 years 2 months ago #312716 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Do Jedi use
Consecration doesn't make the miraculous more miraculous. It's the setting aside of something for a specific purpose. It's the religious equivalent of separating champagne for special occasions, instead of using it as a nightly table wine. Or how a birthday cake isn't an everyday cake. This setting aside makes a mental connection between a practice and an item. It doesn't make a thing more sacred, it just makes a thing mean something different to us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Lykeios Little Raven, Nicole Judge, , ,

More
6 years 2 months ago #312717 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Do Jedi use

Atticus wrote: I've struggled with the idea of consecration myself, as Cyan alluded to: how to reconcile the concept of sanctifying something that is part of the Force and therefore already primordially sacred. I come close sometimes with the idea of adding an intention. I'm a reiki practitioner (hold your giggles, please), so I will frequently imbue an object or a food with an intention to transmit healing energy. I wouldn't say that I'm ambivalent about the practice, but there's a real dissonance for me in thinking that I can somehow make the miraculous even more miraculous.

No giggles here friend I'm like minded there. Needless to say my family and friend a have come to the point of asking from things to a back or muscle adjustment to a recharge.
Results vary but the bloom I say is the result of the intention at times!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312719 by
I was taught a similar practice - imbuing the food with love, the intention for health, and good chi when we're cooking. It helps the cook cultivate a good healthy space (which for me is a form of meditation on its own), and helps to establish the tone for the meal and its recipients, which in turn influences consumption and digestion. I definitely have seen the benefits of energetic practices. We can't always control the quality of what we have access to, but we can influence where it goes from there. A lot of physical symptoms have stress and tension related elements to them, and we battle a deeply joy-deficient world most of the time...so any spaces we can find to make a positive adjustment are fair game to me. :)
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by . Reason: clarification

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312720 by

steamboat28 wrote: Consecration doesn't make the miraculous more miraculous. It's the setting aside of something for a specific purpose. It's the religious equivalent of separating champagne for special occasions, instead of using it as a nightly table wine. Or how a birthday cake isn't an everyday cake. This setting aside makes a mental connection between a practice and an item. It doesn't make a thing more sacred, it just makes a thing mean something different to us.

That is a much more useful way of looking at the practice for me. Thank you, Steam. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312722 by

steamboat28 wrote: Most of those tasks are also generally left to clergy.

Most of which tasks? Are you saying that clergy have some special function that others should not be doing?

More
6 years 2 months ago #312735 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Do Jedi use

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: Most of those tasks are also generally left to clergy.

Most of which tasks? Are you saying that clergy have some special function that others should not be doing?

Every Jedi has the right, privladge , and ability to practice how they choose. Each of us as Jedi practice our own interpretations of our own understanding of Jedi ism. That's what makes it so colorful and so difficult at the same time.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312740 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Do Jedi use
I used to burn my hair and nails (once removed!!!) before I was a Jedi, as a symbol of self sacrifice but now I fast instead and view all eating as sacramental connection.... such that its existence in ritual in cultures was meant to indicate as an example, not an isolated albeit regular devotion. As all foods impact the body, in different ways, it becomes most importantly about what is eaten, and a little bit about when. As part of that I'd prefer to be vegetarian, but that is a different topic.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 2 months ago #312741 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Do Jedi use
wonderful my friend and great question. I think it's more of a personal belief than what is held by our community of Jedi. I guest a question with a question what do you think? Why and why not? Do, you through THE FORCE feel the need to do this? Why and why not and finally, would using any of these things bring you peace, joy, love, contentment by doing it? If it does do it! :) that is the beautiful thing about your personal journey as a Jedi :)

I pray, I fast because I enjoy it I feel a deeper connection to the living Force through these practices. For me, taking a shower and cleaning myself everyday is a way of cleansing myself physically but, also spiritually it's a new day, the water flowing over me washing yesterdays away.

I also use oil when praying over someone for healing, or using Reiki healing I use stones, and these are just some of the things I do and your more than welcome to do it as well if you want to. I hope this helped my friend :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi