Do you ever think...

More
6 years 3 months ago #311433 by Carlos.Martinez3

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Balance is a lie. There is no such thing. This is because the universe cares nothing about balance. It could care less about any of us as individuals or what we desire or dream for or believe. All it cares about is it's never ending march toward equilibrium. In this process it does not play fair or have favorites or try to balance so called light or dark energy. This is because it knows these things don't exist. It's only mission is achieving this equibrium through the process of entropy, the slow erosion of complexity and order down to its most basic component, that of chaos. Chaos has no sides, no light or dark, no balance, only the maelstrom.

The fact that I'm not behind bars, or dead in the ground proves your argument invalid, not only that, I have two Apprentices, each the epitome of their chosen paths. Considering where I came from, yeah, I'd call that quite the balancing act, waiting for the insults nonetheless...

Just because you have yet to experience any form of inner balance, (that's kinda sad) doesn't equate to it not being existant. This comes down to individual perception...

Must suck to think you have it all figured out...

You are one of the least balanced people I have ever encountered.

Get to know me before you judge sweetness. I'm available anytime for Skype should you want to take me up on the offer...

Sweetness : please reframe from using words like this to people in this temple . It is very disrespectful and hurtful. Very. Thank you

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #311434 by
Replied by on topic Do you ever think...

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Zenchi wrote:
Get to know me before you judge sweetness. I'm available anytime for Skype should you want to take me up on the offer...

Sweetness : please reframe from using words like this to people in this temple . It is very disrespectful and hurtful. Very. Thank you

Words to ban includes: Grumble, Sweetness... anyone want to add onto that? *sigh*
are these words actually inflammatory?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #311435 by

JLSpinner wrote: Zenchi, Kyrin, I would like to call for pause. Please take a moment before replying. We have much to share in this discussion without personal insult.

Your right, I'm sorry. I'll let the council handle it and wait to hear from you.

Carlos of course I'll entertain your comments.

You both seem to be asking similar questions and I'll try to answer. What we do with the rest of our time is no different. What is it that fulfills you, gives you meaning? If it's helping others that's awesome but what if it's not? Does that unbalance someone?

More
6 years 3 months ago #311436 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

JLSpinner wrote: Zenchi, Kyrin, I would like to call for pause. Please take a moment before replying. We have much to share in this discussion without personal insult.

Your right, I'm sorry. I'll let the council handle it and wait to hear from you.

You both seem to be asking similar questions and I'll try to answer. What we do with the rest of our time is no different. What is it that fulfills you, gives you meaning? If it's helping others that's awesome but what if it's not? Does that unbalance someone?

Thank u
I'll only ever speak for myself . It can and it has in the past . It no longer does . I do not for results but because it's who and how I choose. Having my own balance helps maintain my focus . It may motnotjers and the yield may be different . What does it yield for you - this no balance view? Does it help you ? Honestly - some friends like I said whomshare your view - it does .

Build, not tear down.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311440 by
Hence the obi-wan quote. Many have provided some great insight into the concept of balance. I for one think that the universe strives to keep itself in balance. I'm not saying that by doing something good you force someone to make something bad happen. I fully believe that we are solely responsible only for our own actions. What others do even in direct response to those actions are solely theirs to own.

You will always have people who deceive for their own gain. It's not that this is the fault or those striving to help others. It seems to me though, that the universe accepts this. A world in utter chaos will only destroy itself, while a world without suffering will never progress.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #311441 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Thank u
I'll only ever speak for myself . It can and it has in the past . It no longer does . I do not for results but because it's who and how I choose. Having my own balance helps maintain my focus . It may motnotjers and the yield may be different . What does it yield for you - this no balance view? Does it help you ? Honestly - some friends like I said whomshare your view - it does .

Yes but I would not call it comfort but truth. Its not comforting to understand the universe loves me but also has no problem killing me, metaphorically speaking. But it does make me very aware of my mortality and gives me an awareness of my environment and a sense of self responsibility for my own welfare and an urgency to accomplish all that I desire because once I'm dead, that's it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311443 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: @jlspinner, equilibrium and balance are different. Complete chaos has no counterpart in order. And yes the only meaning we can carve out of this life is a personal one for each of us. Sometimes that means others may suffer as a result. But we have to take care of ourselves first. Of course there are exceptions to this but generally it's true. When you go for that new job or promotion and are able to attain that goal you cause the suffering of another who tried for it but failed. Maybe he can't feed his family now. But ultimately he has 2 choices. Either learn from it or not. Not your issue, it's his. Life is not fair in this regard or balanced. It was not meant to be. Some win and some lose. Some idiots live to 100 and some brilliant people get cancer at 30. Those things don't matter though, no matter how much we try to justify them. What matters is what we did with the time we had.

I'd like to debate a couple points if I may.
1-We only suffer what we allow to hurt us. As you say, he either learns or not, but his status is unchanged and therefore nothing is lossed.
2-I feel life is very fair to the effort you put into every moment. When you halfass your efforts you limit your results. When you play to your strengths you improve the possible positive outcomes.

Life isn't always what we want so we can perceive it as unfair, but if your needs are met by the effort you exert is it really being unfair. It's all perceptual and our own point of view is a driving force as to how we accept facts.

Can't agree more with you on what should really matter to all of us is what we do with the time we have and can we ascend with a clear conscious for our actions, or inactions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311447 by
Tell the people that were killed in Vegas that we only suffer what we allow to hurt us. Did those people allow the shooter to kill them? Was it fair from their point of view? Balanced? Do you think those people should have taken some responsibility for their death?

More
6 years 3 months ago #311449 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Thank u

Yes but I would not call it comfort but truth. Its not comforting to understand the universe loves me but also has no problem killing me, metaphorically speaking. But it does make me very aware of my mortality and gives me an awareness of my environment and a sense of self responsibility for my own welfare and an urgency to accomplish all that I desire because once I'm dead, that's it.

Thank you Kyrin .

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #311450 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Tell the people that were killed in Vegas that we only suffer what we allow to hurt us. Did those people allow the shooter to kill them? Was it fair from their point of view? Balanced? Do you think those people should have taken some responsibility for their death?

What makes me .... the one to tell anyone anything ? Why is it to some one else to decide what some one else's balance is?

There are a many people and Jedi included especially who act on others or take on burdens needlessly. Do you think this is one of those cases? Who's to tell them... how or what to take responsibility for . ? Who's jobnor duty or even right is it to be world informer ? Ours as Jedi?

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi