Kit's Open Study Hall

More
6 years 1 week ago #319317 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Kit's Open Study Hall
Ambivert!

So I wanted to look up this ambivert thing and I found an interesting article on Forbes .

Adam Grant at Wharton set out to study this phenomenon, and his findings are fascinating. First, he found that two-thirds of people don’t strongly identify as introverts or extroverts. These people (a.k.a., the vast majority of us) are called ambiverts, who have both introverted and extroverted tendencies. The direction ambiverts lean toward varies greatly, depending on the situation.

This makes a lot more sense than the black-and-white I was so set on before :D But I think the lesson in all of this still is it's important to know how you recharge. Listen to yourself and know how to respond with what works the best for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #319318 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Kit's Open Study Hall
Pillars of Wellness

I'm going to hash this out here for now, it's a lesson I want to write for my apprentices too but it needs some more work. The Air Force has taught me that there are four pillars of wellness, but in my experience there's a few more. I've been talking with my friend who's a Jedi and a Humanas Major, and he taught me to look at them a bit differently. I like his ideas better so I'm going to break them out as he does.

These Pillars aren't in any particular order but they all work together to support our lives. If we can get each of them solid and supporting, when one or two of them fail, the others will keep us going. But the more Pillars that crumble, the more stress you'll feel in the other Pillars, and the more impact it'll have on your life. In general, each of these pillars are as important as the next. But there are times when you have to make a choice between one or another.

I want to go through each one of these a day. If you would like, you're welcome to follow along in your journal or ask questions here :)

The first one I want to talk about is the Physical Wellness Pillar. Pretty simply, this is your body. When you keep it in good health, it's a pillar you don't think much about. It just does what it does! Yay! When it's in poor health, it affects everything we do. It's frustrating when your body is injured, sick, in pain, or otherwise limited.

Many people experience a lack in this pillar when they get sick or injured and it's simply a process of letting the body heal. But if it's a chronic condition, sometimes the best you can do is shore up this pillar as much as you can, learn your limitations,, and try to keep the others as strong as you can.

Have you ever experienced a time when strength in the Physical Wellness pillar got you through a trial? When have you experienced a time lacking in Physical Wellness? How did you feel? How did you repair it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi