A Project: Dear Unicorn

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303155 by Carlos.Martinez3
I was simply making an attempt to join this thread in examples

I was just told don't participate ... wow. I apologize *bows and respects request.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #303165 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic A Project: Dear Unicorn

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: The term is garbage in garbage out .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out

Please please please be aware not every one will respond the same . I have shared my story not... in that ... way... silly fun way... as every one. Not my cup of tea. I did respond to how I and many change our focus. So I guess in your opinion I missed it .... opinions are like arm pits , we get two and they may smell .
Kit I get it .( very rude in my opinion but hey I got two too!) I choose not to answer or speak as such , not a big deal. I think a Jedi would say thank you for not... conforming to the status quo and see the actual issue. Be well and may the force be with you .
That's all.... calm down .

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/carlos-martinez3/111477-knight-lessons

Feel free to use the lesson on it if u like and it's proper terminology .

I was simply making an attempt to join this thread in examples

Lol the terms depend on where you learn them. I learned it in a military environment. We tend to like to make things more crass (and short)

Please show me where I was rude or not calm. I've re-read and can't find it. You may be reading more into what I wrote than is there? I don't know, but that does seem to be a theme with you.

You don't have to respond like you're writing to a unicorn if you don't want to. But at least keep on topic. As Ava said, this wasn't suppose to be about the good we do, but rather the good we see. A simple "you know, I know this family that..." could have still held the spirit of the exercise.

The lesson you linked involves meditation? I'm not sure how that applies here or why you feel I need lessons from you. I don't believe I've been acting out of accordance of the Temple's views of Jedi or of Knight. Nor have I crossed any of my own values.

I'm so sorry this went so off track Ava. I was trying to bring it back on course. I'll have another letter to our unicorn when I get home <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 6 months ago #303228 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic A Project: Dear Unicorn
Dear Unicorn,

I saw someone last week give food to a homeless gentleman. It was a pleasure to see the man's face light up when he got it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303235 by
Replied by on topic A Project: Dear Unicorn
Dear Unicorn,
This week I witnessed people via the media selflessly protecting and helping strangers. I saw hundreds of people show up to donate blood to strangers. I have seen famous humans donating time, talents, and money to aid others. I personally witnessed people create t-shirts to sell for charity and saw my employer encouraging cash donations to charity as well.

This was all in response to an event that would make you doubt the existence of good humans, but it has brought out the best in the rest of us. Good humans still exist, Unicorn. They're usually just not getting as much attention as the bad ones. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304438 by
Replied by on topic A Project: Dear Unicorn
Dear Unicorn,
Today at work I saw someone who hasn't had a day off in weeks take someones shift who couldn't find a sitter, saving them discipline.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329810 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic A Project: Dear Unicorn
Dear Unicorn,

A friend of mine is an art teacher, which means she doesn't get much in the way of school funding. And people often forget how important and vital arts education is.

Today, I saw her community rally behind her to get her a very basic, but much needed item: tables for her students. The ones she had were old and falling apart, mix-matched, and heavy. Now they're going to have a full set of matching, lightweight, foldable tables. It opens up so many possiblities for her students, but the biggest impact is that they'll have a nice learning environment.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi