Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287538 by Kit
Hi! I thought this would be some fun :D

This is a free-for-all, I won't take offence, ask any questions (I'll answer most ;) ) thread.

I'm Kit, I've been here at TotJO for four years. Been a Knight for a year, I have three apprentices, and am the IP Team's Lead (although they bear the brunt of the work and it wouldn't be existing without them!). I've been practicing shamanism for the last three or so years. I'm married , have a two-year-old daughter. I'm active duty US Air Force and been in for 12 years but facing a Medical Evaluation Board to see if I'm still Fit for Duty after my hip joint was attacked by arthritis. My husband is going to Air Force Basic Training next month, so that'll be interesting. I enjoy crafting, reading, and video games (mostly FF14 or Subnautica at the moment) I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and take medication to help me with those and have regular appointments at Mental Health to help too. I was emotionally abused by my mother until I broke contact off with her when I was 32 years old (little over a year ago now) and I'm still fighting the programming she's placed in me.

My future goals are to be a House Spouse, and craft on the side to bring in a bit extra money (but mostly because I enjoy it). I'm planing on opening a spiritual shop on Etsy where I'll sell hand-made drums, incense (some of my own blending), candles and the like. I'll run that along side my current crafting shop (which is down right now)
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Lykeios Little Raven, Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi, Tellahane and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287539 by Breeze el Tierno
How do you blend, reconcile and/or augment your Jedi Path with your shamanism practice, and vice versa?

p.s.

-I may steal this.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Breeze el Tierno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Kit

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287542 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything

Cabur Senaar wrote: How do you blend, reconcile and/or augment your Jedi Path with your shamanism practice, and vice versa?

p.s.

-I may steal this.

Since both are rather ambiguous and center on self-dedicated tasks of service, there's not much to argue with. My view of the Force is much different than anything I've heard from others and is a reflection of my shamanism practice (I'll post what I wrote below). I use shamanic journeys in place of the meditations many Jedi do. I feel I get similar results, I just usually have company doing it (in the form of whatever spirit I go talk to or who comes to speak with me) XD It also gives me a set of useful tools in various sacred objects or rituals (mostly I use a drum, and have made a fetish/totem of my Power Animal) that I can put my focus in. Not everyone needs these physical tools but it sure helps me. I've also written sermons based off of journeys I've had and the stories that have been given to me in them. Both The Little Bird in Winter , and Sun and Vine were both from my spirit teacher.

Otherwise, the Jedi and shamanic paths are so intertwined I couldn't tell you what part of me came from where!

My views on the Force:
Warning: Spoiler!

And please! Steal away!
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Breeze el Tierno, Tellahane

More
6 years 10 months ago #287547 by Tellahane

Cabur Senaar wrote: How do you blend, reconcile and/or augment your Jedi Path with your shamanism practice, and vice versa?

p.s.

-I may steal this.

This should be a weekly thing where we nominate the next 2-3 people or something.

My question for you kit, where do you find your inspirations and passions for crafts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Kit, Breeze el Tierno

More
6 years 10 months ago #287550 by Kit

Tellahane wrote: My question for you kit, where do you find your inspirations and passions for crafts?

My inspirations usually come from my other passions. Fantasy, Star Wars, games, and the like. Most of the time I make things because I want something and nothing like it exists on the market! That's how I made my Every-Day Jedi Jacket! I wanted a jacket that gave the impression of Jedi robes so I found a pattern for a kind of rain-coat with a large hood, used brown for the fabric and embroidered the fictional Jedi logo on a sleeve. That's also why I'm making the skirt I just got the fabric for. I fell in love with a style of skirt that I can't find that's of any kind of quality. Or I need something very specific, like a drum case, or a bag for my tarot cards. Otherwise I make things for my friends and it's inspired from their own passions. When I had more time, I use to wander the internet and if I came across a craft that caught my attention, I'd learn it and do it. That use to make up most of my inspirations but I don't have as much wandering time anymore haha.

I don't know where the passion comes from. It's as much a part of me and what drives me as much as my family and my spiritual practice. I just find it fascinating that I can take some basic materials and make something awesome and/or useful out of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, Tellahane

More
6 years 10 months ago #287554 by Rosalyn J
Oh this is cool! I'd be down to do one of these.

What is/are your favorite books and why?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
6 years 10 months ago #287570 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything
Could you describe what journeying means, to you? Do you consider it a kind of out of body experience, or is that something different?

More
6 years 10 months ago #287576 by Gisteron
May I just say how much I love this idea? This is like an introduction all over again, but for a veteran user, and also with proper Q&A instead of the usual wall of "hi, welcome, enjoy your stay". More of us should do it, I believe. Thank you for starting this.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Edan

More
6 years 10 months ago #287581 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything
I'm tempted to use the ask me anything to go off to silly tangents. :)

What I do want to ask is... Given previous conversations on this forum about issues with money, what have you done / are doing to manage your way into the financial position you wish to achieve?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 10 months ago #287585 by Kit

TheDude wrote: Could you describe what journeying means, to you? Do you consider it a kind of out of body experience, or is that something different?

By tradition, it is an out of body experience. To journey, a practitioner goes to one of the three spirit worlds. I do wonder if it's a way to get in touch with your subconscious and I'm not actually GOING anywhere but I've done journeys for other people and came back with information that was pertinent to their problems when I didn't know anything about them except they were in turmoil. I've also gotten answers for myself that I didn't much like to hear. So I'm leaning towards the belief that it's actually spirits I'm talking with rather than myself. I'll adjust as I get more facts but you know how those go when it comes to the unmeasurable lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, TheDude

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi