Sithism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340543 by
Replied by on topic Sithism

VixensVengeance wrote:

Tempest Nox wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: And why do you exclude mass murder, tempest?

Why is this even a question?

Its a simple question. Why don't you answer it. Why do you consider the realm of mass murder outside the wheel house of a Sith?

I'll rephrase myself then. For those who aren't sanctioned to kill legally, it's likely impractical.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340545 by
The sass is palpable....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340551 by

Tempest Nox wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:

Tempest Nox wrote:

Its a simple question. Why don't you answer it. Why do you consider the realm of mass murder outside the wheel house of a Sith?

I'll rephrase myself then. For those who aren't sanctioned to kill legally, it's likely impractical.

Impracticality has nothing to do with it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Starkweather

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #340554 by
I find the idea of incarceration to be highly impractical to the realization of passion.

Unless being incarcerated is your passion.

On another level i find that it has no part of me realizing my passion. That is to say, murder, mass or otherwise is not a requirement.

I consider it outside the wheelhouse of a Sith as it ls risk to reward ratio is terrible.

There are much more efficient, safer, and productive ways to go about things.

I also imagine for some there is the other matter of moral and ethical considerations

Its a simple question but its also a dumb one.

I know its more popular to say there are no dumb questions but well, that is not true.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340555 by

VixensVengeance wrote:

Tempest Nox wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:

Tempest Nox wrote:

Impracticality has nothing to do with it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Starkweather

What point are you trying to make here? Do you see some gain in mass murder?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #340570 by
I find your comments highly disappointing Khaos. As a lord you should know better than anyone why I asked the question. I said nothing about incarceration nor did I ever endorse murder as something to strive for as tempest suggests.

I know you have a great interest in Frankenstein’s monster. But why is that? I believe it’s because you can put yourself inside the mind of the monster and view the world from his point of view. He is conflicted in the same way I described conflict in our recent conversation. He wants to be good but he is misunderstood and a source of fear. So he can’t be.

Now take that one step further. As a Sith, I have a fascination with the movie Alien. But when I watch that movie I don’t put myself in the mind of the prey. I put myself in the mind of the predator and I try to view the world from its point of view. It has one passion – Killing. That is what it’s designed for and that is what gives it purpose and it does this without remorse or moral ambiguity. And it will fulfill its need for this passion even if it means its own death. There is a beauty in the purity of this.

Why do you think people are drawn to villains? Why are humans so fascinated with people like Jack the ripper, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, Charles Starkweather or a man like Ted Bundy? It’s because they have something desirable. This is a level of freedom that most yearn for deep down inside but will never allow themselves to explore or experience. They are fascinated by this darkness but also repulsed by it. As a Sith I openly explore this darkness because I admit I want to feel that freedom. In that pursuit I dismiss nothing as “outside the wheelhouse” of a sith.

Some of our most popular television of recent decades has focused on the anti-hero and the Villain. Men like Jax Teller of Sons of Anarchy, or Walter White of Breaking Bad. These individuals allow people to safely explore the dark from the comfort of their couch without ever having to take the risks involved. It’s fun but it’s not real. I want to live my life genuinely and really explore how far I'm willing to go for my passion. Even if that means my own death.

What if a law was passed tomorrow that outlawed the pursuit of your passion, Khaos? What would you do? This has happened a lot throughout history. Socrates was put to death in the pursuit of his passion, Galileo was very nearly executed and instead confined for the remainder of his life simply for his pursuit of astronomy. Would you risk death for your passion Khaos? Would you defy that law to feel freedom? To pursue your purpose?

You call my question dumb. Well if this is all you see in my question then I think you have failed yourself as a Sith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTC_A6Fpccw
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

More
4 years 7 months ago #340575 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sithism

VixensVengeance wrote: I want to live my life genuinely and really explore how far I'm willing to go for my passion. Even if that means my own death.

What if a law was passed tomorrow that outlawed the pursuit of your passion, Khaos? What would you do? This has happened a lot throughout history. Socrates was put to death in the pursuit of his passion, Galileo was very nearly executed and instead confined for the remainder of his life simply for his pursuit of astronomy. Would you risk death for your passion Khaos? Would you defy that law to feel freedom? To pursue your purpose?

You call my question dumb. Well if this is all you see in my question then I think you have failed yourself as a Sith.

I really need to ask for some context here, I didn't really catch to much on my reading through the thread. Honestly, I can see how the Sith ideology is applicable to real life, so pursuing your passion ect, really doesn't matter to me, I actually don't actively see as wrong in my Jedi idea because it can grow a person. So that said, I don't really judge to much on the morality of idea. So, this is something that without context I am humbly implored to ask.

Is pursuing your passion in real life against the law as it is written. If the penalty it carries death, then it must be very severe action with intent to hurt others(which I am against but do you). Now correct me if I am wrong (all the Sith) but does the Sith system work because of strict law and harsh enforcement there of. The freedom you seem to be talking about is but a short lived myth. Would it not make sense to play the long game? Where freedom is not just a feeling, you get before death, but one you feel over time in a system you control through discipline to a strict code meant to build your individual power. In real life your ability to control as much as you can within your experience for as long as possible in-order to enact laws and reality in adherence to your own desire.

Chaos, correct me if I am wrong that seems to be the ideology of Sith real life practitioners.

So I, ask for little context from you Vixen. And I will also ask you then not how far you are willing to go, but what freedom you give up for a flash in the pan of "freedom" or what sounds like extreme passion without discipline.

Much Love, Respect, and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340579 by

Kobos wrote: So I, ask for little context from you Vixen. And I will also ask you then not how far you are willing to go, but what freedom you give up for a flash in the pan of "freedom" or what sounds like extreme passion without discipline.

Kobos

You have meandered here a bit with several sentences that seem to make little sense so I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here, but if I'm following correctly the answer to your question of context is really one of morality and how that defines freedom. The thought was posed that mass murder would not be a Sith condoned undertaking. But that implies a universal moral standard that I do not believe a Sith would ever adopt because it implies an absolute ethical boundary that would ultimately limit the individual. In effect one becomes a slave to that standard. It is a chain, binding the individual sith, that needs to be broken.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340580 by
*sigh* I'm probably going to regret this, later, BUT, I have my own speculation on the "context" being sought out.
Not the context of your own statements or questions, but of the inciting subject itself: killing.
You're reference to the xenomorphs seems better suited as contrast rather than comparison.
The xenomorphs kill indiscriminately, and opportunistically; it's really all they do, towards a singular goal of spreading as far as possible. It's pure instinct for such creatures, no passion, it's just what they do.
The Sith of Lore were never like this, they were certainly willing to kill in the pursuit of their goals, but only if if they thought it actually would further their goals, and killing in and of itself was never a goal- it's too conspicuous. Sith have a sense of restraint, and were depicted as ultimately pursuing power, and a willingness to kill on it's own doesn't necessarily further such a goal, nevermind serve it.
So, it is my speculation that the context is dependant on the WHY of it.
I don't know enough about real world Sithism, but I imagine many wouldn't endorse killing for similar reasons to a Satanists- they're all about personal freedom and empowerment, and, well, someone can't pursue those things if some jerk decided they'd be more powerful simply for killing them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340581 by

Kobos wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: So I, ask for little context from you Vixen. And I will also ask you then not how far you are willing to go, but what freedom you give up for a flash in the pan of "freedom" or what sounds like extreme passion without discipline.

Kobos

Immediate gratification. Delayed gratification. Gradual gratification. Is one better than the other for all individuals?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi