FA's Current Status

More
09 Jan 2019 21:51 #332186 by Twigga
Replied by Twigga on topic FA's Current Status
Good to know that TotJO doesn't need donations if there is enough money about to buy servers of other orders when they just happen to become available. Great news!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 21:53 - 09 Jan 2019 21:53 #332187 by Satelle
Replied by Satelle on topic FA's Current Status

JamesSand wrote: Thanks for the update, (and the bitter condiment it was served with. Mmm, Tangy!)


Speaking of tangy, have you tried goshujang sauce? It is amazing! That with some honey it is fantastic with everything.

--
Satelle
Leader of the Dark Aspect
Force Academy - www.forceacademy.us
Last edit: 09 Jan 2019 21:53 by Satelle. Reason: Changed to "it is" because grammar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:05 #332190 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic FA's Current Status

Twigga wrote: Good to know that TotJO doesn't need donations if there is enough money about to buy servers of other orders when they just happen to become available. Great news!


It was, at the time, a small service. To ensure it doesn't get snapped up by... well, problematic individuals that could hold it ransom. I do remember when it went down initially Br. John (if memory serves) had said he had purchased it for that very reason.

Br. John has offered it back free of charge, but I do completely understand and agree with wanting to buy it back.

And if it helps keep this server running, double bonus! :D

Sword of the Jedi
Knight of the Temple of the Jedi Order
The Fulcrum Knight of the Order of Onyx
Jedi Battlemaster

~ IP I AP I DQS I Knight I Personal ~
Training Master: Zenchi
Apprentice: Open for Application

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:13 #332192 by Twigga
Replied by Twigga on topic FA's Current Status
In what way has Br John offered the server back to Satelle Free of charge Arisaig?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:14 #332193 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic FA's Current Status

“Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion.” Tony Robbins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Silvermane, Arisaig, Vaziel_Sorel, Viperion, Satelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:14 #332194 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic FA's Current Status

Twigga wrote: In what way has Br John offered the server back to Satelle Free of charge Arisaig?

Br. John wrote: We own ForceAcademy.org. I saw it was available and purchased it right away before it could get taken. I'm happy to point it at whatever domain y'all are using now at no cost.


:) Like that.

Sword of the Jedi
Knight of the Temple of the Jedi Order
The Fulcrum Knight of the Order of Onyx
Jedi Battlemaster

~ IP I AP I DQS I Knight I Personal ~
Training Master: Zenchi
Apprentice: Open for Application

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:15 #332195 by Twigga
Replied by Twigga on topic FA's Current Status
That's not offering to give someone ownership of a server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:17 #332196 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic FA's Current Status

Twigga wrote: That's not offering to give someone ownership of a server.


Perhaps not directly. But the spirit is right. The intention was, at face value, noble.

Sword of the Jedi
Knight of the Temple of the Jedi Order
The Fulcrum Knight of the Order of Onyx
Jedi Battlemaster

~ IP I AP I DQS I Knight I Personal ~
Training Master: Zenchi
Apprentice: Open for Application
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snowy Aftermath

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:22 #332197 by Twigga
Replied by Twigga on topic FA's Current Status
In your opinion. I believe if the purchase of the server was truly altruistic, then it should be no difficulty at all for the two parties to come to a noble conclusion - for example, returning to server to Satelle, minus say the maintenance costs of the server for however long it's been in "limbo".

Or a generous offer would be to scratch those costs completely and just hand back the server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:23 - 09 Jan 2019 22:24 #332198 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic FA's Current Status

Good to know that TotJO doesn't need donations if there is enough money about to buy servers of other orders when they just happen to become available. Great news!


I daresay you're making a few leaps to come to that conclusion. You don't know the circumstances (or costs) involved at the time, so to suddenly paint TotJO as some Mr Creosote sitting on a pile of wealth and consuming all competitors is probably unreasonable at this point.


(I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong - I don't know the circumstances either, but I don't think you have enough data to be right either)

Or a generous offer would be to scratch those costs completely and just hand back the server.


Lots of things would be generous, it doesn't necessarily mean they should happen.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2019 22:24 by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.