There's always a bigger fish....

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #304317 by Carlos.Martinez3
My back round ... blah blah blah as I was in the US Army one of my stations and dutys led me to Egypt . At that time I found my self at odds with the local extreamist group and there was actual money for US troops alive taken and sold. Unfortunately this is true for many places the United States sends their troops. ( if u don't know now you know) Anyhow the US is aware and takes many precautions to keep this from happening . It happens. For OPSEC sake( I'm not gunna get in trouble and I won't smiley face) I can not conform or deny any names places AND dates and I won't. What I can say is my "feelings" tword the Egyptian extreamist nation has been ... iffy due to my own personal encounters with ceartainly extreamist.( Jedi your smart so I'll leave it at that)
This morning I read how a man , a singer is touring and selling out to 30,ooo plus crowds. Interviews and guests spots on talk shows and such are going on as well all because of this artist views and choice of sexuality.
I said all that to say this and please forgive me for quoting USA Today....( I won't make a habit! Jk)
USA Today Thursday October 19 2017
Article by Jacob Wirstschafter
Cairo
Members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community fear there is a concert effort in Egypt to repress LGBT people after a spike of arrest.
Armed officers swept into a popular cafe in downtown Cairo last weekend and detained at least a dozen gay man at a near by station.
"It goes on but I will not post the whole thing the last post I will quote is this"

... people are even afraid to chat to their friends on Facebook Saadan said " because when the cops raid cafes looking for gay people, they take their mobile phones and start asking who of their contacts is also a homosexual"
End of line

My heart sank as I read this this morning. Here in the US our LGBT are facing their issues and fighting the good fight of freedoms and individualism and I back them 100 present. Human rights and the inherit worth of a human heart is being redefined in my eyes by law makers who don't share the same views as them. That's a tough gig!
As a Jedi if I believe in the worth of ALL ... I fully support the efforts and caution those in the fight , I'm there too, I want to see humans treat people like humans not like labels, then can I loose my own pre judgments and support those which I once felt I difrent to?
Yes
We are all human.
So as you read this please be aware there ...some where around the world is always a bigger struggle then what we have been thru. Extreams o every nature happy sad mad glad ... all over and everywhere. Today my focus was forgiveness and awareness. I don't pray I'm not of the Abrahamic faith but I did send my love honor forgiveness and support this morning to the Egyptian people, .... my brothers and sisters of this earth and say be aware, and my heart is with you as y'all struggle thru this time of clear hate and in my option blind hate.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hamed+sinno+songs&view=detail&mid=A26D69D546A77D472C0EA26D69D546A77D472C0E&FORM=VRRTAP

This is a attempt to open the eyes of the struggles that are valid.
I am not LGBT
I believe they and I and every one else has a human right to be ... well to be. Laws ...coming in or telling where when who how.
This is my stance
I no longer have a hate that I once had.
My heart is with the Egyptian nations facing this struggle and ALL humans whose rights, human rights are being taken , one by one.
May the Force we share continue to find you and me!!!! Where we seek it !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #304318 by Locksley
Thanks for this. It's incredibly important to remember the context of our lives.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 5 months ago #304973 by Carlos.Martinez3
Le bump

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 5 months ago #304983 by Rosalyn J