Interest in a TOTJO US 2021 gathering

More
18 May 2020 22:41 #352057 by Rosalyn J
Hi I am just gathering interest for a TOTJO gathering

Should we have it?

Where?

When?

Would you attend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2020 00:03 #352059 by SilverWolf
Hi I am just gathering interest for a TOTJO gathering

Should we have it? Most Definately

Where? I am on the East Coast , so that would be easier for me. I would like to throw out the "suggestion" of having it in Washington, D.C. or the Shenandoah valley mountain area as it has never been done before.

When? I am open to Ideas

Would you attend? I would sure move heaven and earth to get there

More
19 May 2020 00:27 #352060 by VerilyFranklin
Should we have it? Absolutely!

Where? I would say somewhere in the middle of the country or central to the most people.

When? Spring break time, summer time, or early fall might be best for weather and for schedules.

Would you attend? I would try my hardest to get there!

More
19 May 2020 00:30 #352061 by Alethea Thompson
Just as a mention, we were talking about the Annual Gathering (community-wide) being in mid-June 2021, near Asheville, NC. I like to let people know in the event there's a way to spread the gatherings apart so people who can afford both, don't have to choose, and we can also try to get a better range so people can choose one closer. :)

More
19 May 2020 00:35 #352062 by Rosalyn J
Yeah my goal is not to step on any gatherings spaces, times etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
More
19 May 2020 17:11 - 19 May 2020 17:11 #352072 by FTPC
in 20 21

I hope that will be a live Jedi gathering of course and also the Option to be a Virtual Jedi gathering as well
for those who cant show up in person, then hey there is all ways showing up or calling by computer B)

Joined 14 January 2015 16:03 guest - Friday 24, 2015, member Saturday 1/27/2015.Novice -
Last edit: 19 May 2020 17:11 by FTPC.

More
19 May 2020 17:19 #352074 by Rosalyn J
I dont see a problem with streaming some of the workshops depending on the available WiFi at location

More
More
24 May 2020 17:26 #352204 by Kohadre
It would be great to (finally) meet some of the Jedi here at TOTJO, as well as Jedi within the larger community. Ideally, it would be local and within a days drive; as I'm sure most would like any gathering to be.

The problem with attending for me, is requesting time off work; paying for hotel stays, extended fuel costs related to long range driving, food & water costs, etc. IF the gathering was held in a location or setup similar to how Burning Man operates; which would allow for campsite usage, a gathering may be somewhat more feasible in terms of overall cost. Tent / RV options would cut back on both overall "housing" costs, as well as fuel expended commuting between the gathering location and temporary residence.

Remember the doctrine; embody the code.
Live the creed; embrace the 16 teachings.
Honor your vows.