Kyrin, A response by me to your statement.....

More
05 Feb 2019 09:15 - 05 Feb 2019 11:08 #333674 by Neaj Pa Bol
Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

“Another thing that is so lacking here is leadership. I see neaj pa bol talking about retiring now so I think I have a decent idea of the circumstances of my last banning. Always keep the spouse happy right! But quitting the temple in frustration or knee jerking and banning for the same reason are not strong leadership tactics. I used to be very vocal about the lack of leadership practices around here and all it ever really got me was in trouble. I eventually gave up on that, but if we are all being honest here that is why this place does not thrive. Leaders need to be out front and vocal and seen and present and making hard consistent decisions and that has never really been the case at the temple.”

]

You seem to think you’re funny or cute or Higher intelligent than others. Maybe, maybe not. My views in life are not yours, and your views in life are not mine, but do I tread on you? Never have…. I am an average person in my eyes, I do not set myself above others, never have never will. A Title does not make me who I am. There is always something to learn. I have been a proponent to stand up for others. I stood up for Transgenders in this Temple way back when, when there was a brew ha ha started. I will not stand by and allow any one of any choosing to be bashed…. I am not nor will I ever be discriminatory towards anyone. Doesn’t matter what the reasons are, I am not that kind of person, by choice.

I have never engaged in conversation nor conflict with you, till now…..

I am going to respond to this because I feel for myself and my family, I need too…. What you have to say after this does not matter to me anymore….

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

“Another thing that is so lacking here is leadership. I see neaj pa bol talking about retiring now so I think I have a decent idea of the circumstances of my last banning.”

Let’s take this part first……

You don’t know jack shit of my involvement within the Council as to anything other than conjecture. Did I vote to ban you, yes, based solely on situations and what was laid before the Council. Any other person you have a rift with over your banning has been the ones who brought it to the table…. I have never in 13 years ever invoked an Executive Decision.... Ever.... Let alone, was on sabbatical so I knew nothing of this last one!!!

My Retirement is not talk, it is in motion…. It is not based on frustration. The laundry list is very long as to why, but after 13 years, I am entitled to look at retirement of my own choosing, not based on you or any other member here. Yes, I have frustrations, disagreeing ideals and beliefs, the feeling on a personal level as one who help start and support the church in its beginnings till now, that it is lesser than what was, and what was to be… It was a Church to me, I see less of that with all the garbage brought into the Temple…. that’s my right to see it that way, not yours to judge how and what I feel is. Just as I do not judge other’s views. Disagreeing is a whole other story….

Now this….

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

“But quitting the temple in frustration or knee jerking and banning for the same reason are not strong leadership tactics. I used to be very vocal about the lack of leadership practices around here and all it ever really got me was in trouble. I eventually gave up on that, but if we are all being honest here that is why this place does not thrive. Leaders need to be out front and vocal and seen and present and making hard consistent decisions and that has never really been the case at the temple.”

You know nothing of my tenure on the Council here in saying this. I am the most vocal in what I disagree with or agree with in the Council to the point it upsets or pisses off others. If I don’t think it’s right, or I dislike it, I don’t agree, or have another view of something, I have had no problem over the years speaking my peace about it! Quitting is not the same as Retiring, you know nothing of what my retirement status will be.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

“Always keep the spouse happy right!”

Kryin, Not only is this wisecrack, not funny, it’s insulting comment is totally inappropriate, disgusting, it is on no base of anything since you know nothing about me or my family life! Your Transgender ass just tied into the wrong Widowed person! You, in my eyes and in my feelings have insulted me, that’s fine if your bitch ass wants to do so, I can handle that… But You in my eyes have not only Insulted my Husband Robert, A Deceased, 100% Disabled Decorated Special Forces Veteran, My Daughter and Stepdaughter’s and my Grandchildren, and least to mention his family. Whatever you think is funny and intended went the wrong way in my eyes….

From this point it will be moot to even discuss this with each other, you will come back with jabs and smart quarks and quotes, comments and such that it no longer matters to me because all it shows me is you have no compassion or understand anyone in this world other than yourself and what you believe. You give no quarter or breathing space to any to try and befriend or be cordial if they do not meet your specs... I already know I do not and you know nothing of who I am... Your Biggest mistake, Huge, for me, was being less than who you really could be and what I thought in the beginning might have been.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2019 11:08 by Neaj Pa Bol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Firewolf, RyuJin, Zenchi, Tellahane, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 12:08 - 05 Feb 2019 12:09 #333679 by Kobos
Neaj Pa Bol,

I know this might not be the place for this, but I do feel this should be said in a place where it can be seen publicly.

Thank you for your service to this place. I know a lot of us, the silent majority (even us newbies) if you will, see this as a temple. You helped build that for us. Even though sometimes we don't act in accordance with our own views Even though we see problems with it and at this moment we don't quite understand how to get from point A to point B yet. You deserve a thank you and in some semblance to go into retirement with a feeling of a little peace.

Some of us are looking at this TOTJO as a temple, a school, a place of learning. However, imperfect it is we will continue where you left off and give it our effort to make that come into the real and not just our perspective.

This has nothing to do with the post above I know but I figure, it is something that needed to be said aloud and the other thread was closed :)

So, Thank You! may Peace follow you on your journey.

Please stop back once in a bit and say Hi

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
KObos

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous, she took me in and gave me breakfast. - Men at Work

TM:JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Last edit: 05 Feb 2019 12:09 by Kobos.

More
05 Feb 2019 18:01 #333716 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Well let me first say that if I insulted you over a spouse comment I sincerely apologize. It was not meant as a wise crack against a hero but a bit of spousal humor. You see I was under the impression, because I have been told by others over the years, that you and John were a couple. So the spouse I was referring to was him. Apparently that is in error so I am sorry if that came across in an inappropriate manner.

However misunderstandings such as these are the biggest reason I feel the leadership of this place does not meet its obligation. You are right that I know nothing of the tenure in your council time, but why is that? As a council member and a master here, you are a public figure, and yet you have hid behind closed doors. You are only most vocal on what you disagree with behind those doors, so how is the general public and membership to know your thoughts? This is a hard question but I feel it is a fair question.

You feel I have no idea of who you are but do you have any idea of who I am? Or have you just made assumptions and judgements? You say you have never engaged me in conversation, but why is that? I have asked for that over and over through the years and yet you have always declined. I think its safer for you to sit in your biased judgement than actually face some hard work and maybe potentially painful effort to get to actually know who I am. You call yourself a master, what mastery do you have over anything? I don’t see it from where I stand. You say this place has devolved from the church you wanted it to be. But for you to blame people like me for that is wrong. The blame lies squarely on your shoulders for that failure as a leader and master of this place. The skillset is just not there to accomplish your mission.

The best example of this is your misjudgment of who I am. I made a mistake in your relationships and I apologize for that, but you have made similar mistakes. For example I am not transgender. I am something else altogether. Maybe if you had taken even 5 minutes to get to know me a bit you would have not made that mistake. And in that same spirit maybe that same kind of effort would have evoked a different environment in this temple, one that is closer to the church you wanted.

But even having said all that, I am still willing to talk to you and hash things out. My PM box has always been open, all you need to do is use it. I have always told you that and that offer still stands even to this very day.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, elizabeth

More
05 Feb 2019 18:49 #333719 by Manu
Patricia, I too wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for everything. Farewell in your future projects! :)

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Tellahane, Kobos

More
05 Feb 2019 21:14 #333735 by Neaj Pa Bol

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Well let me first say that if I insulted you over a spouse comment I sincerely apologize. It was not meant as a wise crack against a hero but a bit of spousal humor. You see I was under the impression, because I have been told by others over the years, that you and John were a couple. So the spouse I was referring to was him. Apparently that is in error so I am sorry if that came across in an inappropriate manner.

Whomever told you is just an ass for such things, it is clearly in the posts I have made, sermons I have written and the declaration of making my Husband an Honorary Master after his passing, but granted that was almost 11 years ago this month... I am not going to hang out Br. John's life in this, it's not my place to do such and wouldn't out of respect for each persons individual lives... But I will say this, A straight woman can laugh at a joke, been there and done that, but a straight woman that see's a sexual component included even in its vagueness it can piss one off.

However misunderstandings such as these are the biggest reason I feel the leadership of this place does not meet its obligation. You are right that I know nothing of the tenure in your council time, but why is that? As a council member and a master here, you are a public figure, and yet you have hid behind closed doors. You are only most vocal on what you disagree with behind those doors, so how is the general public and membership to know your thoughts? This is a hard question but I feel it is a fair question.

Misunderstandings does not give license for such, if you really have wanted to know anything of anyone on the Council, "are you outspoken or reserved?", who are you, etc., you never took the time to ask me in a PM or such... My Signature never held back my true name, Easily found on Facebook, you could have PM'd here, etc... But did you take that time or rather just go after those who challenged you!?? It's not a pissing contest. History in this place would have Shown you I was once Council Chair, a position I am so glad is gone forever. A position to run meetings in the council, keep meetings in order, but no power, was never to have power. But, it was not viewed as such within 6 months when new members joined, became a target to say the least and did not ask the simple questions, just came out guns blazing. Simple words have 1000's of different intakes and outcomes. Many of the Council do their job as they see fit out there, John does the same, sometimes in different ways, but I was asked to curtail it.... Too Old Fashion was one sentiment. I tend to stick to the bare-bones of things and not the fluff and stuff the Generations now like... Keep it simple stupid has been a great model to live by... keeps all the crap out.

You would have seen much in the forums, I stepped back from a lot after the Clint and Breanna Council time, I came out swinging over crap being done, that was the old me, and well, wasn't really liked to see that side of me. There came a time, like it was when new blood was brought on as demanded, that I let others do what I had for so many years, it was not needed of me to be an outspoken 50+ Old fashion Church structure thinking person banging in the halls as I was asked to tone down... I did.... But I see your point and let me say thing. Being a Public official does not mean every microscopic detail.

Public figure, the definition of a Public Figure is : a well-known or notable person.

Am I well-known, only here and not so much really.... am I a notable person?? In reality, NO. Don't see the need too. I am not a celebrity, political figure or the like. I am not out their like others trying to make a name for myself in the name of Jediism. I am a name, that is just a name in the community, one that may have a title or two, one that is known as a Jedi Name but no one of real importance in truth. I do a job, that's it. Now if I wanted to be like say, Opie, Hannigan and other extremely vocal face pushers, as I call them, that might be different. But I am not, I'm not out there.... Had thought about that at one time.... B) I probably could, but.....

If it's personal you want to know to get to know someone, still, no ones asked.. So a short one that will help others as well...

I am 55 very shortly, Medically trained and Drama Secondary educated, I am a retired ER Nurse By trade, a Widow, a Mother to a daughter, a Step-mother to my husbands 2 daughters from his first marriage, a Grandmother to two Grandsons and Step-Grandmother to one granddaughter and 4 grandsons. I have two rescue dogs, Chi and Candy.

Now if it is deemed the color of my underwear... You've got another thing coming!!!!

You feel I have no idea of who you are but do you have any idea of who I am? Or have you just made assumptions and judgements? You say you have never engaged me in conversation, but why is that? I have asked for that over and over through the years and yet you have always declined. I think its safer for you to sit in your biased judgement than actually face some hard work and maybe potentially painful effort to get to actually know who I am. You call yourself a master, what mastery do you have over anything? I don’t see it from where I stand. You say this place has devolved from the church you wanted it to be. But for you to blame people like me for that is wrong. The blame lies squarely on your shoulders for that failure as a leader and master of this place. The skillset is just not there to accomplish your mission.

As I said in my post, "you will come back with jabs and smart quarks and quotes, comments and such that it no longer matters to me because all it shows me is you have no compassion or understand anyone in this world other than yourself and what you believe. You give no quarter or breathing space to any to try and befriend or be cordial if they do not meet your specs... I already know I do not and you know nothing of who I am... Your Biggest mistake, Huge, for me, was being less than who you really could be and what I thought in the beginning might have been." Calling me bias in judgement, sitting safer rather than face hard work, blaming you rather then myself, you state incorrect, Did I actually point the finger at YOU??? You state with non historical facts, no knowledge of what it takes to start and run a Church and as stated you can not see other than you views. Your Skill set belief is not the one viewpoint. My failure was being only one voice among the screams of those with bullhorns. If we even attempted to keep the fight up against those who in reality changed this place not only by getting on the council and destroying it from within, the groups they chose to help do so from the outside... The concept of Church was by this time not what they wanted and changed much. Being outnumbered does not get anything but shut out no matter how hard one tries.

You asked the Council, never me personally. Others have been the voice of the council. Personally I have never declined, have never been approached. I stuck to format of who did the talking... I asked if I should attempt contact and was told no, others had a better rapport with you... Biased, nope, incorrect. I have no bias towards you or anyone in this Temple.... I can not... If to be bias, one could not teach or review. I judge and look at everything of what is there until shown otherwise. Assuming does more damage. You have the potential to do what is needed to be someone with great views, teaching a broader spectrum. But you tend to poke the bear on personal levels not levels of being an influence in a positive way. You want to teach, educate, share and learn as well, then your focus should be on that. Not what everyone else is doing, not what Tom, Dick, or Harry down the way is doing, focus on you, when so, you become better, you become one to share with others in a light that is needed. I have said in Chambers that it disappointed me to see what you are doing, you had such potential and fervor, I thought you would be an asset, but somewhere down the line you stepped off the direction into another and here we are. I don't care if my IQ is 136 and yours is 300+, learning is the want and desire in order to pass it on in the right way, not in a negative. I though you could.

You place unrealistic levels of the common person here. You do not see as a common person, something that maybe you should try to understand better. Instead of trying to show just how smart you are, show them how to reach that goal of learning, that lesson they may not understand or need help with.

A master doesn't always have to hold ones hand to show something. Sometimes you have to observe. I spent my time teaching, now its my time to observe.

Quit making conjunctures before you actually know the truth of what you are saying about someone. Two wrongs do not make a right!!! Yes I could have contacted you. I had not reason too.... as well as others saying they were better at talking to you. Maybe I should have, but counseled not too and let others handle it. Well, apparently that bombed.

The best example of this is your misjudgment of who I am. I made a mistake in your relationships and I apologize for that, but you have made similar mistakes. For example I am not transgender. I am something else altogether. Maybe if you had taken even 5 minutes to get to know me a bit you would have not made that mistake.

And in that same spirit maybe that same kind of effort would have evoked a different environment in this temple, one that is closer to the church you wanted.

Kyrin, my only judgement of you about you in truth is disappointment. When you started, you came with a fervor to learn and help teach others... Yes, I did not engage you, I stopped taking students of my own after the schism. I stopped the trend of jumping on every post, every debate and such, when there's just too many that do so... At my age and experience, best wait till asked..

As for the Transgender statement, I did not specifically state you, it was a generalization that if you are not and as you say something other, more power to you. This evolving world still has much to learn in those areas of definitions, maybe helping others know the difference or what is in the current status of this growing area, one could teach?!?! Rather than having a conflict area for misinformation?! Educate in a positive way does so much more!!!

Sad to say, it will never be settled 100%.... But instead of being a bull in a china shop, use that intellect to focus on the teachings, and teaching. Maybe then you'll understand a great bit more...

The highest man still has to walk down the stairs.....

But even having said all that, I am still willing to talk to you and hash things out. My PM box has always been open, all you need to do is use it. I have always told you that and that offer still stands even to this very day.

Something to consider....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Avalon, OB1Shinobi, Tellahane, Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken

More
05 Feb 2019 21:31 - 05 Feb 2019 22:19 #333737 by OB1Shinobi
Making no comment on accuracy or correctness of views stated (thats between the two of you) i respect this post quite a lot. I can count on one hand (with fingers to spare) how many times ive seen anyone here simply lay out their grievences (for lack of a better word) in an honest way that wasnt meant to be petty. Addressing things directly has its place.

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
Last edit: 05 Feb 2019 22:19 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Manu, Tellahane, Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken

More
06 Feb 2019 01:58 - 06 Feb 2019 02:11 #333761 by Rosalyn J
Nice work everyone,

I'm so proud of what I've seen today. Way to rise to the occassion

Don't let your wounds get in the way-Bishop Vashti McKenzie
Senior Knight, Senior Ordained Minister
Youth Minister
Editor in Chief of the TOTJO Times
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Submit articles
Teaching Maitre: Alexandre Orion
How Am I Doing , My Commitment
Kyber,Freja Saol-Wasser, Tobias Giesel, ZealotX,and Jhannuzs

Initiate Journal , Apprenticeship Journal , Clerical Journal , Continued Study
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 02:11 by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Firewolf, Kobos

More
06 Feb 2019 17:50 #333802 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: Whomever told you is just an ass for such things, it is clearly in the posts I have made, sermons I have written and the declaration of making my Husband an Honorary Master after his passing, but granted that was almost 11 years ago this month... I am not going to hang out Br. John's life in this, it's not my place to do such and wouldn't out of respect for each persons individual lives... But I will say this, A straight woman can laugh at a joke, been there and done that, but a straight woman that see's a sexual component included even in its vagueness it can piss one off.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. It is appreciated and I think can lead to some good air clearing discussion. As I have only been a part of this community for around 3 years I have little knowledge of the history that came before. Reading through years of past posts is not something I have the leisure time to undertake and so that history is not something I have ever been aware of except through third party comments. And that fact combined with you and I having never talked leads to a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding it seems. I hope we can correct that here.

The sexual bit you mentioned took me aback a bit lol… I meant absolutely nothing sexual in anything I said so I was quite surprised by that comment. It’s funny how otherwise innocent intentions can be misunderstood. A failing of human nature that I think we will never be able to fully fix if we are not willing to engage with one another for clarification. So in that regard thanks!

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: …if you really have wanted to know anything of anyone on the Council… you could have PM'd here, etc... But did you take that time or rather just go after those who challenged you!??

I spoke to many people on council over the years. However I did not even know who you were for a long time. Contrary to popular belief spending 15 minutes doing the first lesson of the IP and them moving on does not really familiarize the student with who anyone is. And if that person is not out interacting with the general membership they never get to be known. This is part of the problem I speak of. You first really became known to me after I was denied knighthood the first time.

I began to inquire about the decisions made and why. This was also the time that conflicts started on the board between myself and certain others that felt I should not be there. My handling of that situation came partly out of my frustrations with council at the time and their reluctance to give me any info or correct what I saw as attacks on me. Alan had left as well and I was left without a TM. My disillusionment got the best of me and my behavior was not stellar to say the least. The result was banning and that is when I really got to know council. I was told over and over by others that you were my greatest opponent. And during those times I did not have direct access to much of the membership and so I would speak through Senan and Kit to council. I would tell them over and over to have you contact me and we could discuss. That never seemed to happen though.

After I was reinstated I was asked by council to post a mediation and reconciliation thread so that grievances could be aired between myself and others. I did post that thread but I think the only one that participated in any meaningful way was Arisaig. As a council member I could only assume that you were well aware of the requirements council had put on me for reinstatement and that as a council member you also freely chose to not participate. That left me with one conclusion, you did not like me and did not care to talk to me. You would have preferred my gone. In my mind that left little room for negotiation.

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: it was not needed of me to be an outspoken 50+ Old fashion Church structure thinking person banging in the halls as I was asked to tone down... I did.... But I see your point and let me say thing. Being a Public official does not mean every microscopic detail.

Public figure, the definition of a Public Figure is : a well-known or notable person.

If it's personal you want to know to get to know someone, still, no ones asked.. So a short one that will help others as well...

One thing that I think old guard members seem to forget over and over is that new people coming here do not see you the way you see yourselves. You are one of the founders of this place and in those days there was a core crew and a mindset and things were evolving. Now, what, 12 years later that core set of people have disappeared into the background. People like me have no idea who you are or your history and that comfortable place you guys have found behind council doors does nothing to change that. Over my time here I have seen you make maybe 5 posts in the public forum. But there are so many people here that are doing and learning and posting every day that we all get to know each other as a new guard coming in and rarely get to interact with the old timers except when something specific is needed from you. Those 5 posts quickly get buried and forgotten and so does the individual. As OB1 says in his olive branch post, we will gravitate to those people that “turn towards” us and not those that “turn away”. Popularity is an ongoing effort, leadership is as well and you have to be present for either.

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: As I said in my post, "you will come back with jabs and smart quarks and quotes, comments and such that it no longer matters to me because all it shows me is you have no compassion or understand anyone in this world other than yourself and what you believe.

My comments were not jabs. They were simply my honest and unvarnished opinion. You are right however that I do not like to play games or beat around the bush. I think open and honest communication is better than misunderstanding and assumption. You know exactly where I stand with you no matter how painful it might be and I think that is for the best at all times. This is not a lack of compassion but an enactment of it. Would you rather know the truth than believe a lie? Giving you the truth of my opinion is a compassionate act.

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: Your Biggest mistake, Huge, for me, was being less than who you really could be and what I thought in the beginning might have been." Calling me bias in judgement, sitting safer rather than face hard work, blaming you rather then myself, you state incorrect, Did I actually point the finger at YOU??? You state with non historical facts, no knowledge of what it takes to start and run a Church and as stated you can not see other than you views.

Your Skill set belief is not the one viewpoint. My failure was being only one voice among the screams of those with bullhorns. If we even attempted to keep the fight up against those who in reality changed this place not only by getting on the council and destroying it from within, the groups they chose to help do so from the outside... The concept of Church was by this time not what they wanted and changed much. Being outnumbered does not get anything but shut out no matter how hard one tries.

On the contrary, I know EXACTLY what it takes to start and run a church. I have been an operating member of the board of directors for an organization called OPHA (Oklahoma Pagan Heathen Alliance) for over 10 years. We are a pagan outreach group that provides training and services to the pagan community. We put on the state’s largest Pagan Pride festival every year and we host several events including summer picnics and WOTY celebrations as well as public rituals and training classes as well as a food bank program and we host a monthly meetup as well.

We are an all-volunteer organization and work completely off donations and fundraiser events. Our job is connecting the communities and giving individuals a place to learn and be a part of the community. So yes I do know how much work it takes and I also know how much leadership effort is involved. It happens through face time and example and being present. We would not function without the multitude of hours we spend in the community interacting with the membership and interfacing with the other pagan groups out there.

We work hard to make and keep OPHA what we envision it to be. And that includes recruiting volunteers every event and interacting with the community to see what they want from us as an organization, holding yearly elections so other members can vote and run and take on board positions. We do all that and still keep the vision for OPHA what we want it to be. And yes not everyone gets what they want so we must stand firm and be ok with our decisions in that regard as well.

Some people leave as a result. That’s ok, our vision is not theirs. If they want their vision they are just as capable of creating it as we are. It’s not an easy job but we put in the work and we don’t compromise our integrity of the vision of the organization. So I do have a pretty clearly defined view of what it takes and because of that I always find it strange when the leadership here complains that this place is not what it was intended to be. So who do you blame for this place not being like you, a founder and leader of TotJO, feel it should be??

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: You asked the Council, never me personally. Others have been the voice of the council. Personally I have never declined, have never been approached. I stuck to format of who did the talking... I asked if I should attempt contact and was told no, others had a better rapport with you...

Yes I could have contacted you. I had not reason too.... as well as others saying they were better at talking to you. Maybe I should have, but counseled not too and let others handle it. Well, apparently that bombed.

I found this quite a curious comment. Why would anyone ever limit your ability to communicate with me? Why would you ever accept anyone’s opinion of this without even talking to me? This seems the poorest of judgments (on all parties parts). What it really seems is that, once again, the cumbersome way in which council operates has only caused the detriment of our potential interaction. I asked Senan over and over to let you know I would be more than happy to talk to you as he had identified you as one of my biggest opponents. And I asked him over and over why you were not willing to do so. Apparently that middleman interaction only served to muddle the waters because what he was telling me was not what he was telling council… or something… Yes it bombed quite dramatically!! lol

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: But you tend to poke the bear on personal levels not levels of being an influence in a positive way. You want to teach, educate, share and learn as well, then your focus should be on that. Not what everyone else is doing, not what Tom, Dick, or Harry down the way is doing, focus on you, when so, you become better, you become one to share with others in a light that is needed. I have said in Chambers that it disappointed me to see what you are doing, you had such potential and fervor, I thought you would be an asset, but somewhere down the line you stepped off the direction into another and here we are.

A master doesn't always have to hold ones hand to show something. Sometimes you have to observe. I spent my time teaching, now its my time to observe.

There is Knight, Senior Knight and Master so Master seems like quite a high station. You mention that you no longer take students and that’s fine. But beyond the council what are your duties as a Master? I would see them as the role yoda takes in the movies. He sits and observes as you say you do, but when things start to go wrong or he sees someone with great potential start to slide sideways he intervenes and provides his amazing prowess and skill as a Master to advise, correct situations or take someone under his wing to guide them.

I can only speak to my personal experience in this regard however. My time in the Marines was one of ample opportunity for these sorts of interactions. As a senior member with years of experience I would often times lead in a typical fashion but if I saw potential in a other Marine but he had stepped off in a detrimental direction or was not thriving I would intervene in a more personal way by taking him under my wing for a bit to mentor him. Even though his peers were ridiculing him I took that approach that he just needed a bit of encouragement and additional training. I had great success in this approach as did many of my peers who were in those leadership roles.

The problem is I just don’t see that touch here in this place from those that carry those senior titles. You say you saw potential in my, so why, as a Master, did you never reach out to me and give advice or better still mentor. This is not the role of taking on a student such as Ob1 and Anakin, It’s the role of taking on a Master role like Yoda. Yoda never had a student in the movies and yet he was a Mentor to all as required.

So what do you feel the role of a Master is? Surely not just a fancy red title you get to wear around the temple, right? I see it not as a role that would take such bad advice from others to not contact me but as a leadership role that has the wisdom to know better.

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: You place unrealistic levels of the common person here. You do not see as a common person, something that maybe you should try to understand better. Instead of trying to show just how smart you are, show them how to reach that goal of learning, that lesson they may not understand or need help with.

And maybe this is the answer to my last question right here. Do I put too much weight on those high titles and senior positions? Expect too much of them, expect of them what I would expect of myself? I don’t know, maybe so. I have led an extraordinary life and my particular set of skills and personality make up leads me to a level of perfectionism that I know most can’t follow. It’s an obsession, and I have reached out to many to try and help. But my approach seems to be lacking in very basic ways. At one time Kit and were talking about creating a leadership course based on our military experience but she has so much going and is sort of quiet now so not sure if that will happen. As well I have talked about a logic and critical thinking course many times but without the credentials I can’t take that very far. It seems even more a pipe dream now that I have been demoted to Guest. Not sure of what that future holds for me in this place. But I would like to be better. That’s all I can really honestly say.

The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
08 Feb 2019 17:57 #333855 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Hmmm, and no response to my last post. I had wanted to keep this open so any and all could participate if the desire struck them. But I was mostly interested in an honest dialogue with Neaj. Now 48 hours and nothing. No PMs either as I suggested. I'm not sure what to think of this? Is she just busy or does she just have no interest in continuing this conversation? If it is the latter I will be quite disappointed.

• Arisaig
08 Feb 2019 18:30 #333857 by Arisaig
She had said she was leaving (several times) or, at least, ceasing from being a poster here (beyond council duties and whatnot).

I'm sure you'd want a proper response, and with such an in-depth rebuttal as you had given, im sure such a response would take time to formulate. :)