Have we become too generalized or too specific?

• Arisaig
05 Feb 2019 16:21 #333689 by Arisaig

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote: This thread was about being to general or too specific.
To allow people to hide behind a username while they pursue a leading role here, or to represent our group as a member... Well, that allows for us to become far too general. A hub for cosplayers and fakes.

I have heard you say many times that Everette died when Arisaig was born. So who is Arisaig? A fake? A cosplayer? Why attach so much importance to a simple thing as a name? All the name does is represent the character of a person. That character is whats important, its what we trust, not the name.

First of... *Everett. It isn't hard.

Second, it's a figure of speech. I still am Everett, and always will be, legally, unless I legally change it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 16:25 #333690 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Arisaig wrote:

Second, it's a figure of speech. I still am Everett, and always will be, legally, unless I legally change it.

LOL sorry, actually it is hard.. My fathers name is Everette. And secondly are you not also Arisaig? Doesn't that name represent anything to you as a Jedi?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Arisaig
05 Feb 2019 16:30 #333691 by Arisaig

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

LOL sorry, actually it is hard.. My fathers name is Everette. And secondly are you not also Arisaig? Doesn't that name represent anything to you as a Jedi?

Its not hard. I spelled it out for all to see.

And both represent me. But only one represents me legally. That's also not hard to understand.

More
05 Feb 2019 16:33 #333692 by Carlos.Martinez3
Tools
How do you use them?
Often times I see questions I can not answer for others. Most questions for me in the Temple are self reflective. One of the many reasons I keep coming back. Growth. Some ways we grow some ways we do not. The ways I grew - I could never expect anyone to grow the way I did - ever. It’s never “fair” to expect others to do the same. Won’t happen and truthfully, that’s ok too. When I see questions like this - I read have I ... or something for ME to think about. To apply it to myself.
One of the most difficult things a modern Jeddist can do is become open to other ... its a human thing too. All these tools and how do we apply them? Are we sharing our path or trying to do something else ? When I read people state their own opinion as fact ... I just shake my head. I can’t correct anynome ever because to others , their paths are what they have learned and applied. How they did it. Your path is how you apply it. How you apply your tools and your growth.
The question is to me a self question. I can’t say Totjo is one thing or this or even that because where one says this place is dead another will claim it has helped - another will say it’s crap and another will swear on it’s faithfulness.
Questions like this can openay roads and I hope it hits us directly. What is the Temple doing for you ? What are you doing for it ? What’s its value to you ? What is your part ? We are ALL on different parts of our path. Somtjimg to think about - why can’t we be specific ? Why can’t we be also not so specific? Why can we offer both? My hope is the maturity of character and insight help to collect things here in a Temple Like this that many can use - not just a few. So yea we have role players - game players - fakers - wishers - hopers - winners - losers - hobbits - treckies - elf’s - witches - monks - Buddhist- Christains - fighters - singers - kite flyers - whistle blowers - servers - worshipers - the list goes on my friends. So can we be specific and can we be general... for everyone? Can we be open to the inherit worth of all? Can we practice what we preach? My hope with this post is we stop for a bit and think. Apply a few things. Lots of posting going on , lots and that’s neat... not much application of things at times. That’s my own opinion and like most may just be what I see and I can’t do if I missed something or some one - mi culpa - not the intention. May the Force be with us - to those who still seek maynit find us in the seek !

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Arisaig

• Arisaig
05 Feb 2019 16:37 #333693 by Arisaig

For-Emris wrote:

Arisaig wrote: But why hide your real name?

In my country, freedom of religion exists only on paper (in the constitution). In reality, if a person is not a Christian (Orthodox or Catholic) or an atheist, and does not hide it ... Problems with employment in large companies are guaranteed. The Jehovah’s Witcher, for example, has little chance of getting a TOP position (no matter how professional he is). I think this is a good reason not to leave your real name on open Internet resources.

See, this is a real concern. Thank you, For-Emris, for bringing it to our attention.

But, an easy work around is to not identify with it as a faith 'on paper', and simply a Path, a walk of life, training.

Perhaps its not as simple as that, but just my opinion. But, in the end, a situation I had not thought of.

More
05 Feb 2019 16:46 #333695 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Arisaig wrote: Its not hard. I spelled it out for all to see.

And both represent me. But only one represents me legally. That's also not hard to understand.

I said I was sorry. Cant you just accept that? This is what I am talking about. You have to pound things into the ground with me even after I apologized. Why is it so important for you to do that? Im not the one pushing here, you are.

As for the oath. What difference does legality make? An oath to a spirituality is about personal promises to uphold one's duty, to be loyal and honest and uphold that paradigms ways to the best of your ability. Its not a legally binding contract like an Lawyers oath that you could be sued over for breaking. Two totally different things and the screen name is even more appropriate for this kind of oath because it represents who you are as a Jedi not as an offspring of your parents.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
05 Feb 2019 16:47 #333696 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ari - I have been - proud (and I know your TM is too) of your ability to find things and the way you present them lately. This may be a bit of a nudge... ( smiley face) but in our community a Jedi name is a big subject of research and identification. Might wanna look into that brother ... sort for the tiny derailment !

Ok game on!!!!!

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Arisaig

• Arisaig
05 Feb 2019 16:51 #333698 by Arisaig

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Ari - I have been - proud (and I know your TM is too) of your ability to find things and the way you present them lately. This may be a bit of a nudge... ( smiley face) but in our community a Jedi name is a big subject of research and identification. Might wanna look into that brother ... sort for the tiny derailment !

Ok game on!!!!!

I agree, Carlos. It is a huge part of identity. But, in an oath, one must use their real name. You want a loan? real name. You want to sign a mortgage on a house? real name? Join the military? Real name.

Trust me, I understand the value of identifying with this chosen name, but its not legally binding, and as such, can easily be abused.

• Arisaig
05 Feb 2019 16:53 - 05 Feb 2019 17:07 #333699 by Arisaig

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote: Its not hard. I spelled it out for all to see.

I said I was sorry. Cant you just accept that? This is what I am talking about. You have to pound things into the ground with me even after I apologized. Why is it so important for you to do that? Im not the one pushing here, you are.

As for the oath. What difference does legality make? An oath to a spirituality is about personal promises to uphold one's duty, to be loyal and honest and uphold that paradigms ways to the best of your ability. Its not a legally binding contract like an Lawyers oath that you could be sued over for breaking. Two totally different things and the screen name is even more appropriate for this kind of oath because it represents who you are as a Jedi not as an offspring of your parents.

If it was simply about spirituality, I would agree, Kyrin. But it isn't. A member can become a councillor. And those that can lead, must be known.

Would you follow a president that was only known online, and under some obscure username like xXPwnageLordXx420? (...in saying that, that sorta sounds rad, but my point stands)

Edit: I also assumed you didn't need my acceptance or forgiveness. I do apologise, and accept your apology, Kyrin. Yes, I do prefer being called Ari (ask anyone who went to the Gathering)... but I am, legally, Everett. I'm not 'pounding the idea into the ground'. I'm having a discussion. If you want to view it as such, it means you don't want to have it in the first place.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2019 17:07 by Arisaig.

More
05 Feb 2019 17:02 #333701 by OB1Shinobi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I said I was sorry. Cant you just accept that? This is what I am talking about. You have to pound things into the ground with me even after I apologized. Why is it so important for you to do that? Im not the one pushing here, you are.

Ok, cool. This looks like a good opportunity for what i was talking about in the other thread. Please give me a bit of time to put a post together and i bet we can navigate this moment in a way that we all benefit from.

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Kobos, Arisaig