Temple History - Lineage

More
15 Jan 2019 23:57 - 15 Jan 2019 23:57 #332470 by Opie Macleod

steamboat28 wrote: Who were the first training masters at the very beginning of the Temple?

That really depends on how far back you want to go. But for the major players, looking at 2006 Council you had:
Todd (Admin); Master Jax Secura; Master Bri-Yinn Juud; Master Mandalore; Master Michael (Marcus Dayfreighter); Master John (Brother John); and Master Regan (Scott). This would later grow to include: Neaj Pa Bol, Josiah McNamara, Ko-Bas Zhimo, Rachat et Espoir SAA, Michael Capanelli, and S. Michael Kelley. Other notable Masters Include: Rev Jack A. Hornbeck, Jyn Osiris, Scythe, Adam Daniels, and Chappo DaBlack. And Hippie was an Honorary Artisan Master. James N. Saylor was a charter member (rip 06/06/2011), but not sure on rank. Not sure if any of that helps, but there you go.

steamboat28 wrote: Who were their apprentices?
How many of them are still active at the Temple?

This I cannot answer. I didn't (don't) care enough to keep a lineage tab. And I don't keep running tabs on individual Jedi activity. If you head back to before the split with Temple of the Jedi Force then there are a couple still active over there.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2019 23:57 by Opie Macleod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, J. K. Barger, Satelle, For-Emris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2020 04:36 - 28 Jan 2020 04:57 #348953 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Temple History - Lineage
I can comment on a few of the past members listed in this thread.

First, I'll cover a little about myself. After the Totjo/Totjf split, one only had to have one apprentice to be a Master...

Daniel L was my apprentice for about a year, he was an exceptional and eager student. We worked together here at the temple and also off site (on-line), and was Knighted under my recommendation to the council. He and I had kept in touch until a couple of years ago.

Jon (Hans), we have a convoluted history, we did not always see eye-to-eye, but in the end I did follow him when he created the SA. I have detailed the exploits of my time with the SA in past posts and won't repeat them here at this time. We kept in touch on facebook and have happily crossed paths online now and then.

Tiamat (Becky) had a couple of Masters here at the Temple, we were kindred spirits of sorts, She also joined the SA with me, while we kept up our memberships here. We bounced back and forth between the two Temples until she joined the Army, and unfortunately, we have since lost touch.

War Beauty (Perris), I can't remember who she apprenticed under, it could have been Br. John, but I seem to recall another...
Perris joined the Marines and eventually married a fella who is (was?) also a Marine. We did keep in touch on facebook for awhile but again, the contact has faded.

The Temple was certainly a bit tumultuous back then, but it sure was lively. It wasn't uncommon to have thirty or more members on line on any given night, even more on the weekends. Forum, Chat and PM's were so rapid it was almost impossible to keep up with it all. I would be on for a little time every night. A typical Friday evening could easily see me calling it a night after 3 am local time.

The Jedi above and many, many other past and current members not mentioned, I consider, to this day very dear friends. Many of us have had intense verbal jousting at one time or another doesn't mean that we are not friends, Just Jedi with differing points of view.

"The best those of us who witnessed it can do is try to remember before it all completely fades away." - you are so right Ren

* steamboat28, in my Knights Journal there is a bit of a history in the early pages, feel free to visit.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2020 04:57 by Garm. Reason: Added Note *
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

More
28 Jan 2020 06:12 #348955 by Neaj Pa Bol

Garm wrote: I can comment on a few of the past members listed in this thread.

First, I'll cover a little about myself. After the Totjo/Totjf split, one only had to have one apprentice to be a Master...

Daniel L was my apprentice for about a year, he was an exceptional and eager student. We worked together here at the temple and also off site (on-line), and was Knighted under my recommendation to the council. He and I had kept in touch until a couple of years ago.

Jon (Hans), we have a convoluted history, we did not always see eye-to-eye, but in the end I did follow him when he created the SA. I have detailed the exploits of my time with the SA in past posts and won't repeat them here at this time. We kept in touch on facebook and have happily crossed paths online now and then.

Tiamat (Becky) had a couple of Masters here at the Temple, we were kindred spirits of sorts, She also joined the SA with me, while we kept up our memberships here. We bounced back and forth between the two Temples until she joined the Army, and unfortunately, we have since lost touch.

War Beauty (Perris), I can't remember who she apprenticed under, it could have been Br. John, but I seem to recall another...
Perris joined the Marines and eventually married a fella who is (was?) also a Marine. We did keep in touch on facebook for awhile but again, the contact has faded.

The Temple was certainly a bit tumultuous back then, but it sure was lively. It wasn't uncommon to have thirty or more members on line on any given night, even more on the weekends. Forum, Chat and PM's were so rapid it was almost impossible to keep up with it all. I would be on for a little time every night. A typical Friday evening could easily see me calling it a night after 3 am local time.

The Jedi above and many, many other past and current members not mentioned, I consider, to this day very dear friends. Many of us have had intense verbal jousting at one time or another doesn't mean that we are not friends, Just Jedi with differing points of view.

"The best those of us who witnessed it can do is try to remember before it all completely fades away." - you are so right Ren

* steamboat28, in my Knights Journal there is a bit of a history in the early pages, feel free to visit.

V-Tog, Damion_Storm, Zanthan Storm, Kyp (Josiah McNamara), Ko-Bas Zhimo, Jaxxy (Rachat et Espoir SAA), Michael Capanelli, and S. Michael Kelley. Many folks have been a part of this Great place. First Council in 2006 Council had:
Todd Fogal; Master Jax Secura; Master Bri-Yinn Juud; Master Mandalore; Master Michael (Marcus Dayfreighter); Master John (Brother John); and Master Regan (Scott). Then it started to Grow and Grow... A few of us took LOA's over the years, some short term some a little longer, personal reasons, like myself when my Husband past away, Health issues for some, etc. I can still remember the First Large Council had been gathered by the Summer of 2006 of 13 Members.

So, the Tree is a little sparse and some names are missing... All in all, many great folks have graced this place....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm

More
29 Jan 2020 03:11 - 29 Jan 2020 03:18 #349000 by Garm
I would like to offer a correction to my post below; I was a member of The temple of the sith 'Totso' (now Defunct) not the sith academy 'SA'.
I believe that currently Jon may be involved with the SA.

Also for the tree if applicable, I came to TOTJO already a Knight, I apprenticed under Master Derek T at another Jedi site (Ashla Knights)
br. John was gracious and allowed me to retain my rank.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2020 03:18 by Garm. Reason: added Ashla info

More
29 Jan 2020 03:27 #349001 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Temple History - Lineage
I was at TOTSO also, Zenchi and I were Apprentices there to Jon.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Erinis

More
30 Jan 2020 04:04 #349047 by Garm
A little more research... I can only speak for the branch starting with myself.
so: Lenny (Garm), I had two apprentices Sincrad (Later Daniel L) and for a short time Becky (Later Tiamat)
Daniel was Knighted in Sept 2007 and later a Master on 16 Nov 2008
Daniel had two apprentices that I know of; Yanna Sky and Barhis. I can't recall if they obtained Knighthood.
Becky and I followed Jon to Tots and returned as Lord Garm and Lady Tiamat (Spring of 2008)
Over time I dropped the Lord title and now here we are.

There are gaps in my archive records, I remember Daniel saying some data may have been lost when
the Temple updated a server (2010ish ?) Br. John would have to confirm this.

I have been a Knight, OCP, a Master, a Bishop, an Arch-Bishop of two Rites, a Cardinal of a third, held office
with the SAA, and was a moderator... it's been one heck of a journey.

Hope this helps with the tree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3

More
30 Jan 2020 19:09 - 30 Jan 2020 19:18 #349053 by Garm
Sorry, Daniel was recommended for Knight hood 1st Jan 2008 and Knighted soon after.

I promise I'll shut up now ;^)
Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 19:18 by Garm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
12 Mar 2020 08:13 #350401 by Vampiric_Conure
Holy heck, that's a lot to keep up with, LOL! Thanks for sharing! It's pretty cool hearing some of the history of the Temple.

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

More
12 Mar 2020 11:35 #350404 by For-Emris
Replied by For-Emris on topic Temple History - Lineage
Very interesting! Perhaps it is worth creating a short course on the history of the Temple and Jedaism? And introduce it as an obligatory part of training?

Love is a manifestation of the Force that unites all living creatures ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
16 Mar 2020 10:22 #350498 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Temple History - Lineage

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: So, the Tree is a little sparse and some names are missing...

For future reference in case others find this thread.

The tree was not created to record all ranked members, but to record formalised teaching relationships between members. When I started it, I read through all the back threads in the forums to find and identify these relationships, however some ranks appeared to have been handed out without any teaching taking place, and if teaching was taking place over DMs but not necessarily recorded anywhere then I obviously did not have that information.

At the time that I released the original heritage tree there was a discussion surrounding the inclusion of others however as a result of those conversations, I made no changes other than (I think) to add in 666 by himself due a specific objection. The heritage tree is not a comprehensive list of ranked members and should not be seen as such. Teaching obviously takes place in non-formalised ways, but that is much more difficult to identify and record.

Head Moderator

Thyself is Thy Master

All progress is progress

Contact me if you like: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Rex