TOTJO Heritage

More
06 Jan 2016 00:24 #219347 by den385
Replied by den385 on topic TOTJO Heritage
Good job, Edan! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2016 20:56 #226614 by Aqua
Replied by Aqua on topic TOTJO Heritage
Finally found the topic! I wanted to ask Edan about this before, but I had some kind of feeling that there was a topic about it.. so I waited. Ehm.. well.. I have a question and a suggestion for this lovely tree.
  • What are the ''---'' lines? Within the tree?
  • How to read the duplicates of names in the tree? It is a little bit confusing.
  • Is it possible to create a timeline in it? Because most trees I have seen, have a timeline to compare other names in the tree.

Not sure if such a thing is possible but, I also wanted to ask if it is possible to add this scheme of Edan to the website in the far .. far.. future, because I really like it. Would be a asset to the temple in my eyes.. :blush:

~ Aqua

Small example for a more visible excel scheme:

Inclino, Tolero, Speculum

More
05 Feb 2016 20:58 #226616 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic TOTJO Heritage
I have seen your post Aqua, I will explain it for you when the IP discussion is over.

Understanding in the place of indifference
Compassion in the place of cruelty
Action in the place of apathy
Peace in the place of violence
Mercy in the place of vengeance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aqua

More
05 Feb 2016 21:03 #226618 by Aqua
Thank you, Edan. Please take your time you need, I do not want to give you stress for writing response to my questions. :blush:

More
06 Feb 2016 00:17 - 06 Feb 2016 00:18 #226683 by Edan
Ok, so with the ---- lines I have attached a picture as an example.

You can see the ---- lines going from the line joining Alexandre and Proteus, to Brenna.
When Brenna completed her knighthood she was an apprentice of Jestor's, hence why she is shown with Jestor's apprentices.
However, previously Brenna studied under Alexandre, so the --- indicates a link to a different portion of the tree, in this case, to Alexandre's other apprentices.

Where knights appear in purple, and therefore more than once on the tree, this is where it became too fiddly (and sometimes impossible) to show all connections from one place. By putting them in purple it tells you that this person features elsewhere in the tree and that they were a former teacher of the person to which their purple name is attached. So in the example I've attached you can see that V-Tog was a former master of tzb, but that she appears elsewhere in the tree under her own master.

A timeline unfortunately is basically impossible the way I have created the tree because it was very difficult to get everything to fit in the first place. I had to move a lot of different bits of the tree to make it work. I have been adding the dates of knighthood and apprenticeship as comments to individuals though. In order to timeline the tree would have to be split I think, but then I'm not sure you would be able to see all the connections between people. I would have to rework the entire tree and I'm not willing to do that at the moment though I will consider it for the future.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Feb 2016 00:18 by Edan.

More
06 Feb 2016 00:30 #226688 by Aqua
Mm.. you have a point that it would be terrible difficult to put two different systems together. Should not do it, now I think about how much trouble you would have in reworking it all.. Do not want to have that in my back of my head lol.

Thank you for explaining the system, it is a little bit more easy now to understand it. Was searching around the file not knowing where to look :blink: Maybe a small idea to add your words about the ''--'' lines to the legenda, because I could not find it there. ;)

Thank you, force shine with you!

~ Aqua

The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
06 Feb 2016 00:35 #226689 by Edan

Aqua wrote: Maybe a small idea to add your words about the ''--'' lines to the legenda, because I could not find it there. ;)

Done :)

More
06 Feb 2016 00:35 - 06 Feb 2016 00:35 #226690 by Aqua
I saw you were adding it, had the file open so saw the change happening :woohoo: Ty!

Last edit: 06 Feb 2016 00:35 by Aqua.

More
06 Feb 2016 01:18 #226697 by Lykeios
Replied by Lykeios on topic TOTJO Heritage
Wow! Thanks for compiling that! Looks great!

This is good information and it is appreciated. :) I'll take a closer look soon. Glad there's a record of such things, very interesting.

"I sae rantingly, an sae dauntingly, sae wantonly gaed he. He played a tune and he danced all aroond below the gallows tree."

"Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." -Zhuangzi

More
29 Mar 2016 20:21 #236165 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic TOTJO Heritage

Edan wrote: In 'View Only' the dates I had entered on comments were not viewable on my tree.

Therefore, for now, I have changed the settings to 'Comment Only' so that anyone viewing the tree can see the dates.

Please do not enter your own comments

If you see an error or information that is missing, please PM me. If I see any untoward comments added, I will remove this feature.

Reminder of the link here.

Enjoy!

So a quick heads-up that Edan's awesome Heritage Tree should now be up to date :) Please PM me if you see any mistakes or want to make any date additions etc. This is still very much Edan's puppy, I'm just taking it for walks whilst she is at work ;)

Loudzoo

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO Initiate Journal Apprentice Journal Knight Journal Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentice: Tellahane
Apprentice: Squint

Before the truth will set you free, it'll piss you off (MANTRA ~ Bring Me the Horizon)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Karn, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, user15542, Zenchi, Aqua