TOTJO Heritage

More
15 Nov 2015 00:02 - 15 Nov 2015 22:27 #208919 by Edan
TOTJO Heritage was created by Edan
Hello all,

At Jestor's request I have put together a kind of 'family tree' of the heritage of this Temple, using one that MCSH created a few years ago as a base. The idea is that it should map the legacy of individual 'families' as teaching is passed down from master to apprentice. For this reason I have omitted from the tree anyone who was an apprentice or knight, but neither had a master nor taught an apprentice. I must say however, the tree indicates that this has not necessarily been a 'simple' task.

Because it was hard to find information before 2010 it is likely (and almost certain) that I have not included some master/apprentice relationships, however this should only be the case where those people have not continued the line of teaching.

Everyone is included at their current rank, regardless of any former ranks held, and apprentices are shown under their current masters, if they previously studied under another, though I have tried to identify their former master.

If I have made any mistakes, please say, I am only mortal :)

This may not view well on a phone, but if anyone has any troubles I will do my best to find a better format (those on a computer will need to zoom in).

EDIT to add link... docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16MZaDS6K...O0s/edit?usp=sharing

Understanding in the place of indifference
Compassion in the place of cruelty
Action in the place of apathy
Peace in the place of violence
Mercy in the place of vengeance
Last edit: 15 Nov 2015 22:27 by Jestor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2015 00:34 #208923 by Zephyrus
Replied by Zephyrus on topic TOTJO Heritage
Woah!! This is freakin' awesome. Thanks, Edan, for doing this.

I guess all I can do to help is verify that my information is correct. And, it is. So awesome.

Membership Advocate (not a real title)

Please send me a PM if you feel you are being wronged by the leadership of this site! I am happy to represent, mediate, or speak on your behalf and work with you to resolve any issues.

More
15 Nov 2015 00:50 #208925 by Sarissah Sojourner
Replied by Sarissah Sojourner on topic TOTJO Heritage
Dood... my head just imploded! :blink:

You tell me that life is pain. I reject this; pain is life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran

More
15 Nov 2015 01:26 #208928 by Competent
Replied by Competent on topic TOTJO Heritage
Really cool idea! :) imagine years from now! :D

More
15 Nov 2015 01:36 - 15 Nov 2015 01:37 #208929 by Rickie
Replied by Rickie on topic TOTJO Heritage

For this reason I have omitted from the tree anyone who was an apprentice or knight, but neither had a master nor taught an apprentice.

?

They are the only ones adding value? Ms Knight

Peace, kindness, compassion, tolerance, truth, knowledge, strength of mind, body and spirit are not always companions of mine but are always pursued.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2015 01:37 by Rickie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
15 Nov 2015 02:17 - 15 Nov 2015 02:17 #208932 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic TOTJO Heritage

Rickie wrote:

For this reason I have omitted from the tree anyone who was an apprentice or knight, but neither had a master nor taught an apprentice.

?

Was attempting to quote you Rickie, liked the post by mistake as I have spiderman fingers and work from a tablet, lol. The chart I believe is not an indicator of "value" but of those who have undertaken training as prescribed by the Temple and the teachers they previously/currently are training under. Like a family tree...

My word is my Honor, and my Honor is my life ~ Sturm Brightblade

Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 15 Nov 2015 02:17 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor, Goken

More
15 Nov 2015 02:24 #208933 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic TOTJO Heritage
pretty good, but you goofed on my rank (i'm a senior knight, and the chart has me as knight)...and i trained under br. john first, then under kana seiko haruki...

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Out of darkness, he brings light. Out of hatred, love. Out of dishonor, honor-james allen-
He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure-james allen-
The sword is the key to heaven and hell-Mahomet-
The best won victory is that obtained without shedding blood-Count Katsu-
All men's souls are immortal, only the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine -Socrates-
I'm the best at what I do, what I do ain't pretty-wolverine

J.L.Lawson,Sr Knight, B.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rickie

More
15 Nov 2015 02:26 #208934 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic TOTJO Heritage

Zenchi wrote:

Rickie wrote:

?

Was attempting to quote you Rickie, liked the post by mistake as I have spiderman fingers and work from a tablet, lol. The chart I believe is not an indicator of "value" but of those who have undertaken training as prescribed by the Temple and the teachers they previously/currently are training under. Like a family tree...

correct you are sir....it's simply a way of showing each jedi's legacy/lineage within totjo...a family tree

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Out of darkness, he brings light. Out of hatred, love. Out of dishonor, honor-james allen-
He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure-james allen-
The sword is the key to heaven and hell-Mahomet-
The best won victory is that obtained without shedding blood-Count Katsu-
All men's souls are immortal, only the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine -Socrates-
I'm the best at what I do, what I do ain't pretty-wolverine

J.L.Lawson,Sr Knight, B.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Rickie, Zenchi

More
15 Nov 2015 02:33 #208936 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic TOTJO Heritage
Very cool, was happy you included me, given that I'm arguably the least active of all active TOTJO-goers. There are some names on here that I haven't seen in years...thank you for taking the time to do this!

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rickie

More
15 Nov 2015 03:06 #208938 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic TOTJO Heritage

RyuJin wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

Rickie wrote:

?

correct you are sir....it's simply a way of showing each jedi's legacy/lineage within totjo...a family tree

Before my joining council, all admin (all council) changed rank at member request...

There are still some anomalies in the system...

Knights who never had an application for membership, apprentices without ever having a teacher, things like that...

Oversights, errors, bad recordkeeping, actually, at the time these "errors" were made, it probably made sense, and everyone knew everyone...

We are constantly working to provide better recordkeeping and documentation...:)

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angelus, Alexandre Orion, Rickie, Aqua, Tarran, Tellahane