Question: Policy on requests for information on suspensions

More
05 Feb 2019 06:13 - 05 Feb 2019 07:06 #333665 by OB1Shinobi

Olive branches offered that continually get bitten in two cause me so stop offering them.

This could really be useful for improving mutual understanding. Could you link to some of those posts? Perhaps we can identify efforts at reconciliation and find a way to get a higher response rate .

However I am an incredibly valuable poster here for many and I offer amazing insight and deep thought.

You forgot modest. :P

But my adversaries focus on the negative not the positive.

Do you feel that you lead by example in regards to focusing on the positive instead of the negative?

If so, is there any area you think you could improve upon, even if its just deawing attention to it/making it more noticeable? If not, what would it look like if you did?

...still trying to bring that focus back to me alone because of a personal vendetta.

I do see that there are some who have resentments towards you and would like to see you... dealt with. I consider you a friend and i dont want to see you driven away. I also respect TOTJO and think that its ok for people to make at least small moderations to their own behavior in order to enhance group cohesion. Id love to find a middle ground between you and the others so that everyone is... if not happy then at least not miserable, lol.

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
Last edit: 05 Feb 2019 07:06 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kyrin Wyldstar, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 16:09 #333685 by Kyrin Wyldstar
@OB1 - These last two posts hit the nails on their heads! I cant speak highly enough about the first one and I cant even add anything to it because its just a perfect set of questions.

As for your second post (one before this one), I tried to look up the last thread I started in mediation after the long ban last year but cant find it. No one participated in it really. The one before that was my AMA thread and that got limited participation from a few friends only.

I feel like Im incredibly focused on the positive if you consider truth a positive thing. My delivery could be improved upon of course at times. Im incredibly passionate about it and my speaking style is a dry humor that comes off as very harsh in this medium. I was working on that with Senan in our apprenticeship before that was terminated by council.

Middle ground is cool. I have no problem with that. It seems though that most wont walk to the center with me. and there are certain individuals here that I will not walk to the center for anymore. So I stay away from them and thats fine as well.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
05 Feb 2019 16:40 #333694 by Carlos.Martinez3

Nakis wrote: Hello. Long time listener, sometime caller!

Quick question: In regards to appealing or looking for information regarding a suspension or ban, what are the desired methods to be used?

Does the security team have an email address? In the case of a Council level suspension, should the security team still be referenced for information?

I'm mainly asking to better understand how best to direct people asking about their own or other suspensions and if the policy has changed in the past few months. Personally my viewpoint is to send a response to a security team email address and let them be the intermediary for both SecTeam and Council suspensions as that will help keep security in the loop and will help create a single source to ask for information (Security would ideally go through Council secretary to help keep things nice and clean)

Or, is there something in place right now that's preferred?

End goal: Identifying the shortest route for people without access to the forum to send and receive information regarding their account due to bans/suspensions without unduly burdening ancillary personnel.

Directly
There are many ways

Contact the Pastor
Contact sec team
Contact moderators
Contact any member of clergy
Contact the Council
Contact the council Secretary
Contact a Knight - senior or master
Any information can almost be obtained by any one here you just have to ask.
Any one can be asked and any one can ask. There’s never been a conspiracy as some think. Hope this helps Nakis

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken

More
05 Feb 2019 16:50 #333697 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:
Directly
There are many ways

Contact the Pastor
Contact sec team
Contact moderators
Contact any member of clergy
Contact the Council
Contact the council Secretary
Contact a Knight - senior or master
Any information can almost be obtained by any one here you just have to ask.
Any one can be asked and any one can ask. There’s never been a conspiracy as some think. Hope this helps Nakis

No Carlos you are wrong. Have you ever been banned and then tried to contact someone for help? If you have not then I dare say you have little idea of what you are talking about. Its nearly impossible. However I do have strong hope for Ros and her commitment to be better in this regard. So lets just see where that goes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
05 Feb 2019 17:06 #333702 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thankfully , you didn’t ask the question. I’m not wrong. I am sory if you didn’t have any one of these points of contacts or didn’t use them or wasn’t aware. We have external email addresses as well... clergy council knights fb -any one can be contacted a lot of ways.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken

More
05 Feb 2019 17:11 #333703 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Thankfully , you didn’t ask the question. I’m not wrong. I am sory if you didn’t have any one of these points of contacts or didn’t use them or wasn’t aware. We have external email addresses as well... clergy council knights fb -any one can be contacted a lot of ways.

I have been aware of all those avenues. My experience is sending repeated emails to multiple external accounts and facebooks and never getting a single response. The only place I have ever been able to get a response is on facebook TotJO acct and usually John replies there. No other email acct or resource for contact has ever worked and this is over weeks of trying in the past. This last time John washed his hands and I joined discord to contact council, after I contacted them on the official discord I was banned from there so I could not even comm with them anymore!! It was only through the grace of Ros in praxium that I had any contact.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
05 Feb 2019 19:53 #333729 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Thankfully , you didn’t ask the question. I’m not wrong. I am sory if you didn’t have any one of these points of contacts or didn’t use them or wasn’t aware. We have external email addresses as well... clergy council knights fb -any one can be contacted a lot of ways.

I have been aware of all those avenues. My experience is sending repeated emails to multiple external accounts and facebooks and never getting a single response. The only place I have ever been able to get a response is on facebook TotJO acct and usually John replies there. No other email acct or resource for contact has ever worked and this is over weeks of trying in the past. This last time John washed his hands and I joined discord to contact council, after I contacted them on the official discord I was banned from there so I could not even comm with them anymore!! It was only through the grace of Ros in praxium that I had any contact.

I do not have data on how many requests fly under the radar, but I am sure I've heard more than one person complain that the public addresses are sometimes dead ends. Maybe you could consider getting rid of them altogether, and leave only one public address (example: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), that can be checked and managed more frequently?

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, elizabeth, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Kyrin Wyldstar, Kelrax Lorcken

More
08 Feb 2019 22:53 - 08 Feb 2019 22:54 #333876 by Kyrin Wyldstar
So here is an honest question and I hope one that facilitates a good discussion. Just now in a thread James and I got a little bit carried away in teasing each other. We were self policing however and did not take it too far from my standpoint. However Tellahane saw fit to lock the thread without any due process.

I was not contacted and asked to stop or if any of the subject matter could be removed he felt was not desirable in the thread or the suggestion made that I just needed to contact James directly for conversation and I can only assume that James was not contacted either.

This is something that would have happened under Jestors watch. He would have been one to contact us and resolve the issue without having to resort to treating us like children and scolding us and taking away our toys like Tellahane. Why cant we return to the sort of administration that Jestor used instead of this heavy handed regime style administration Tellehane just used?

Last edit: 08 Feb 2019 22:54 by Kyrin Wyldstar.

More
08 Feb 2019 23:05 #333877 by JamesSand
Shut up, or the fun police will make us share a cell. :laugh:

For the sake of it, I'll agree, back in the bad ol days of 2016, I was often PM'd by Mod staff (Adder, Mad Hatter, Jestor) if they felt I was getting too wild, or not contributing to the "good vibes" and I'd generally take the hint and change tack or shift off entirely.

On another note - the thread closure (temporary as it may turn out to be) wasn't simply a Moderator statement of "Thread closed pending further notice" - it included a "remark" by the closer (made comfortably in the knowledge that it couldn't be responded to)

I do a little professional development and mentoring in my spare time (actually my paid time), generally we try to conduct formal censure type activities without bringing personality into it. YMMV.

More
08 Feb 2019 23:08 #333878 by Tellahane
One suggestion would be that if you don't want a heavy hand, cut off the source of food, don't provide posts and content that require moderating...and there will never be an issue ever again?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3