Question: Policy on requests for information on suspensions

More
04 Feb 2019 02:12 #333565 by Zenchi

Rosalyn J wrote: Certainly worth exploring. I wouldn't be able to answer you well, Ari.

Here's a nutty idea, try...

When is enough, enough?

Sitting on our hands playing it safe is EXACTLY why we are where we are at. No one wants to definitively put it into words, and that's relatively the same problem mentioned in another recent thread. No one in charge wants to commit....

So when we have this same discussion a year, or two or three (I won't be here) from now, asking the exact same questions, council can provide the same answers, cut n paste, easy peasy....

Very similar discussion happening right now in another Jedi group over the actions of a few repeat offenders stirring up trouble. People, like here, asking the same questions...

When is enough enough? When the last knight not sitting on council walks?What's the current count of active Knights as it stands. Pretty low I believe...

So commit, commit to making this the best concrete garage about absolutely nothing, or start making hard decisions, but commit one way or the other, AND make it clear as to the direction this temple goes here forward...

#priorities

My word is my Honor, and my Honor is my life ~ Sturm Brightblade

Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 03:09 - 04 Feb 2019 03:11 #333570 by Kyrin Wyldstar

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Exactly which one if us is continuing to antagonize the other here?

Well heres another question: who is extending the proverbial olive branch?

Olive branches offered that continually get bitten in two cause me so stop offering them. I have been labeled as a trouble maker and the suggestions in these last posts are thinly veiled references to me. However I am an incredibly valuable poster here for many and I offer amazing insight and deep thought. But my adversaries focus on the negative not the positive. I dont feel that is the charge of a knight. Take this very thread. I have offered insight into the subject matter here and yet i have been accused without evidence over and over of making things about me. I have countered and moved on and yet these last posts... not made by me... are still trying to bring that focus back to me alone because of a personal vendetta.

Can we please just move on and stop talking about who is valuable and who is not and get back to the subject. Yet another olive branch ob1. Shall we see how fast it is bitten in half?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
Last edit: 04 Feb 2019 03:11 by Kyrin Wyldstar.

More
04 Feb 2019 03:42 - 04 Feb 2019 03:56 #333572 by Kelrax Lorcken
My friends, can we please just let it be? The sniping is dragging down the conversation. Nobody gains or loses anything by continuing it, OR by walking away from it, provided one isn't ruled by their pride and anger. Recognize the ego for what it is.

Let us be mindful of our egos (6/16), resolve this flare up of grievances with peace, and understanding (14/16), and act with nobility (9/21).

For the sake of actually contributing, poorly suited as I am to do so, I agree with the notion of transparency, but I'm not especially familiar with how the leadership operates, past or present.

Kelrax "Stormcaller" Lorcken, Jedi Pathfinder
May The Force Guide You
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Jo...-stormcaller?start=0
Last edit: 04 Feb 2019 03:56 by Kelrax Lorcken.

More
04 Feb 2019 03:45 #333573 by Rosalyn J

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Okay... Question.

What is a legitimate poster?

Someone who brings valuable ideas to the conversation?
Someone who wants to be a long term memebr of the community?

How about someone who offers you a real life opportunity to practice what you preach? Isnt this your doctrine?

Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

I am a Jedi.

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi.

Do you really believe in any of this or is it just fun to say?

This is an exceptional post. Particularly that part about practicing what you preach

Don't let your wounds get in the way-Bishop Vashti McKenzie
Senior Knight, Senior Ordained Minister
Youth Minister
Editor in Chief of the TOTJO Times
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Submit articles
Teaching Maitre: Alexandre Orion
How Am I Doing , My Commitment
Kyber,Freja Saol-Wasser, Tobias Giesel, ZealotX,and Jhannuzs

Initiate Journal , Apprenticeship Journal , Clerical Journal , Continued Study
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
04 Feb 2019 05:25 #333580 by Manu
As far as I am concerned, anyone who is NOT a SPAM account is a valuable contributor. As Ob1 said, even those who are "ruffling feathers" give us all a chance to rise up to the occasion, and deal with it elegantly and effectively, rather that turning threads into personal attacks, whether the openly defiant or the passive-aggressive kind.

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
04 Feb 2019 10:21 #333584 by Neaj Pa Bol

Manu wrote: As far as I am concerned, anyone who is NOT a SPAM account is a valuable contributor. As Ob1 said, even those who are "ruffling feathers" give us all a chance to rise up to the occasion, and deal with it elegantly and effectively, rather that turning threads into personal attacks, whether the openly defiant or the passive-aggressive kind.

Ruffling feathers, fluffing peacock feathers or breast plumes to just piss in each others Wheaties for whatever in god sake is your beef with another is way out of hand... It's not just bad for the parties in conflict but for all as well as subjecting it to everyone that is not needed... Discussion... Great... Debate and Learning.... Great.... The Rest..... I'm Done with it all...

More
04 Feb 2019 11:24 #333586 by ren

Arisaig wrote: Okay... Question.

Is it an amount of posts?

Can one consistently break the rules and be banned for such, multiple times a year and he considered legitimate simply because they 'add and interesting dynamic' time to time?

At what point is enough enough, or is there a post number one must hit and they achieve immortality against rules?

I don't think the amount of times someone gets banned or gets away with it should dictate whether they should get banned or get away with it again.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Arisaig
04 Feb 2019 12:05 - 04 Feb 2019 12:13 #333587 by Arisaig

ren wrote:

Arisaig wrote: Okay... Question.

Is it an amount of posts?

Can one consistently break the rules and be banned for such, multiple times a year and he considered legitimate simply because they 'add and interesting dynamic' time to time?

At what point is enough enough, or is there a post number one must hit and they achieve immortality against rules?

I don't think the amount of times someone gets banned or gets away with it should dictate whether they should get banned or get away with it again.

But yet we know council is on board with the amount of offences stacking up should be a perma ban. So which is it? Don't get me wrong, I agree with this, and it is aligning with how justice should work.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2019 12:13 by Arisaig.

More
04 Feb 2019 12:17 #333588 by ren
In that case it is the severity of the original offense. He did something which eventually ruined totjo. He should have never been let back in as far as i am concerned. There is no one in this world i have more disrespect for, and he knows it. In a way, i am glad he hates me so much.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Arisaig
04 Feb 2019 12:24 - 04 Feb 2019 12:25 #333589 by Arisaig

ren wrote: I don't think the amount of times someone gets banned or gets away with it should dictate whether they should get banned or get away with it again.

ren also wrote: In that case it is the severity of the original offense. He did something which eventually ruined totjo. He should have never been let back in as far as i am concerned. There is no one in this world i have more disrespect for, and he knows it. In a way, i am glad he hates me so much.

And how do we work and uphold both these ideologies? Sorta sounds like personal feelings getting in the way of actual justice.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2019 12:25 by Arisaig.