Question: Policy on requests for information on suspensions

More
09 Feb 2019 16:36 #333922 by Manu
It is time for the Jedi to end...

... locking threads that lead to larger threads complaining popping up elsewhere.

“Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion.” Tony Robbins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2019 17:16 - 09 Feb 2019 17:16 #333925 by Kyrin Wyldstar

JLSpinner wrote: The Membership Affairs department is working on something now that will accessible to guests that has clear instructions and a point of contact. Stay tuned.

On a serious note and one more in line with the spirit of "not complaining" but constructive discussion, I do hope the policy and procedure is one in which contact and discussion and compromise are paramount and locking and banning and dictating are extreme last resorts??

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 17:16 by Kyrin Wyldstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
09 Feb 2019 17:21 - 09 Feb 2019 17:22 #333926 by Kelrax Lorcken
"It's time for the Jedi to end"

-sigh- That's awfully dramatic. I wanted to stay out of this, considering the actual topic, but I guess no-one else is going to say it.

TACT.

Nobody is mad that you got off-topic in a thread; some of us do that a lot, (sometimes aggressively) conversations shift, and it's hard to avoid that and still have a conversation.

Nobody is mad that y'all have a sense of humor, try as some may to frame it as such. That is not the actual context of the "situation".

The issue (as it should have been pointed out before going to locking) was one of tact. In a thread that started as "You, specific person, are mean and insensitive, you've hurt me and upset me and I wish you weren't like this", allowing the conversation to become silly, in the context, one of the silly people being the subject of the thread, is, at best, in poor taste, if not outright lacking in tact.

This didn't need to become an issue like this, and in my opinion nobody involved put in proper, outside-their-own-perspective thought, or it could have been avoided entirely, at more than one step along the way. Y'all are way too ready to have a fight.

said what I wanted to say, pm me if you want to keep talking to me about it, please. Otherwise, I'm moving on.

Kelrax "Stormcaller" Lorcken
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 17:22 by Kelrax Lorcken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Arisaig

More
09 Feb 2019 17:52 - 09 Feb 2019 17:53 #333928 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Wow everybody is entirely missing the point here. No one said they are mad at anyone or that we maybe didnt display a proper amount of respect. Although that's completely subjective. The point of the conversation here in this thread was in the way it was handled from an admin perspective, which is something THIS thread was setup to do. No one is pissed, at least not James or I. But instead of locking the thread it could have been broken off and before that happened we should have been contacted to tell us that it was going to be broken off and get our permission to do so. I'm sure I had no problem with it and I would think neither would james have. That's the point of this conversation! Maybe we didnt display tack but tellahane did not display common courtesy and that is the point. Two wrongs dont make a right!

I can admit a lack of tact. Can tellahane admit a lack of courtesy? And maybe correct that moving forward.

Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 17:53 by Kyrin Wyldstar.

More
09 Feb 2019 18:15 #333929 by Nakis
JLSpinner,

When the new policy is generated, will it be publically posted in an easy to read location for everyone to find?

Thank you for working on this!

Licensed Clergy Person
Outreach Team
Master: JLSpinner
Come visit my garden !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Arisaig

More
09 Feb 2019 18:25 #333930 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I can admit a lack of tact. Can tellahane admit a lack of courtesy? And maybe correct that moving forward.

Can you correct your "lack of tact" moving forward?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

More
09 Feb 2019 18:36 #333931 by Zenchi

My word is my Honor, and my Honor is my life ~ Sturm Brightblade

Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2019 18:37 #333932 by Nakis
I don't beleive this thread of conversation will generate substantial benefit in it's current incarnation.

A seperate thread about tact, execution, and how to phrase words to be most well received by other parties would be an excellent resource and provide good information for those who are looking to learn how to better communicate without ad hominem attacks.

:laugh:

Licensed Clergy Person
Outreach Team
Master: JLSpinner
Come visit my garden !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig, Erinis

More
09 Feb 2019 18:38 #333933 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I can admit a lack of tact. Can tellahane admit a lack of courtesy? And maybe correct that moving forward.

I asked you first! But sure, I try to do that every day! I didnt consider our banter a lack of tact but you did. So I could not correct something I was not aware offended others. However if you had just come to me and said "ya know, that was sorta tactless" I would have went, "yea maybe your right". And you would have said, "can we split that off into another section and leave that thread alone?" I would have gone, "of course, that sounds like a good idea!"

Problem solved, no locked threads, james and I get to continue our fun and no hurt feelings. Do you see the difference?

More
09 Feb 2019 19:00 #333935 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

I asked you first! But sure, I try to do that every day! I didnt consider our banter a lack of tact but you did. So I could not correct something I was not aware offended others. However if you had just come to me and said "ya know, that was sorta tactless" I would have went, "yea maybe your right". And you would have said, "can we split that off into another section and leave that thread alone?" I would have gone, "of course, that sounds like a good idea!"

Problem solved, no locked threads, james and I get to continue our fun and no hurt feelings. Do you see the difference?

Sure but I think the issue is the difference in perspective, you see this as a simple "barely" an offense that is no big deal and should be treated as such, lets look at it from a different perspective, there is a very heart felt, specific post about how you insulted, hurt, and damaged an individual, to which you started some possibly peaceful discussions, and then turned it into a humor show, which considering the original event is in and of itself very disrespectful. I relate you to this thread about that:

www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-...ssion?start=0#333732

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Is there ever a sincere apology given without a level of guilt from the person apologizing? is it not the guilt for the action that causes the contriteness that leads to apology? Without guilt there would be no desire to correct wrongs. another example of an emotion that is not actually negative but serves a constructive purpose.

So I ask of you Kyrin, do you feel guilt? do you have a desire to correct wrongs? you went from one offense, apologized for it, and turned around and with a lack of tact, crapped all over it essentially.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Arisaig, Kelrax Lorcken