Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Eternal Throne – "Betrayed" Trailer

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #260194 by
So, the amazing Blur Studios just dropped the new trailer for the latest SWTOR expansion. These videos are always so beautiful, they blow my mind. A lot of great imagery, sound, and feelings in this one. Thought I'd share for the fellow SW nerds!

First time I've seen lightsaber fighting where the weapon is kicked on and off strategically to throw people off balance, which I'm a huge nerd / fan about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0&ab_channel=swtheoldrepublic
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #260205 by Tellahane

Cayce wrote: So, the amazing Blur Studios just dropped the new trailer for the latest SWTOR expansion. These videos are always so beautiful, they blow my mind. A lot of great imagery, sound, and feelings in this one. Thought I'd share for the fellow SW nerds!

First time I've seen lightsaber fighting where the weapon is kicked on and off strategically to throw people off balance, which I'm a huge nerd / fan about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0&ab_channel=swtheoldrepublic

Actually the 3rd trailer to the launch of the game when they are fighting on the space station the Jedi turns off the double bladed lightsaber to adjust his form and throw the inquisitor off and turns it on at the last second to nail him in the chest, but yeah it's nice seeing more of that intuitive thinking coming into play.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #260209 by
I also enjoyed seeing more hand to hand form of combat with the saber. Not just straight out saber. The younger female character turned sith reminds me of my personal Sith character (The one in my avatar) so that was interesting.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #260218 by Edan

Trisskar wrote: The younger female character turned sith...

That's interesting.... I thought it was a boy..

I will admit though, I didn't quite understand the story... the mother appeared to be a Jedi but took the child to the Sith?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Edan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #260225 by

Edan wrote:

I will admit though, I didn't quite understand the story... the mother appeared to be a Jedi but took the child to the Sith?

I don't even think she was a mother....maybe an older sister or Aunt? She wasn't the one to take her to the sith though...that would have been the father figure/male warrior that took her. Her "Sister" then went in to save her but by then it was too late. :)

And I suppose it could be a boy? It looked more female to me though XD haha

More
7 years 5 months ago #260900 by TheDude

Edan wrote:

IIRC she's a light sider who had children with the (SWTOR) emperor, but I might be thinking of a different character.

More
7 years 5 months ago #260908 by Breeze el Tierno
It is a movie about an origin story that was described in the game. The mom is on your side. The daughter is the new villain. No one in the video is a Jedi or a Sith per se, with the possible exception of the guy with the white beard.

It's a great story.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #260910 by
Prolly should have kept up the game XD I quit the moment they went free to play and added all of their restrictions XD haha

More
7 years 5 months ago #260923 by Tellahane

Trisskar wrote: Prolly should have kept up the game XD I quit the moment they went free to play and added all of their restrictions XD haha

It's not as BAD, yeah theres still some restrictions but its plenty playable even in free to play, I'm still working on the current expansion content on my sith characters, if and when i get any time to devote to it anyway.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi