(DISCUSSION) What's your favourite lightsaber? (From anything inc books, games etc) INCLUDE PICTURES

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218911 by
I have always had a fondness for the design of Qui-Gonn Jinn's Lightsaber. I used to own the toy version when the Phantom menace came out, and I have had a chance to try out a friends FX version, and compared to the rest something just felt right about that particular style of hilt. I mostly favour it out of nostalgia, but I also appreciate the utilitarian simplicity of the design; I am not one for over-complicating something that is meant to be wielded with dexterity and grace.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #218915 by

Attachment h78ad47e.jpg not found

I was actually watching The Clone Wars animated series last night and thought this lightsaber was pretty cool. It belongs to a Wookie Jedi Youngling and it's made out of wood. But if I had to choose a lightsaber color, it would definitely be orange.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #218927 by

Attachment not found

Darth Sidious.
Not sure of blade color. Probably yellow.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #218935 by Yugen

Attachment hedf859b.jpeg not found

Orgus Din's lightsaber from swtor

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #219718 by
Corran Horn's speeder bike throttle lightsaber. I love the ingenuity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
8 years 3 months ago #219722 by Locksley
There were some SICK hilts made ages ago for KOTOR by some talented modder... I wonder if any of those mods still exist?

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #219735 by TheDude
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightfoil

The lightfoil is an excellent choice. Like the curved hilt lightsaber, it's meant for Form 2 combat; but the lightfoil is a small design meant specifically for single-hand use. Properly weighted, this would theoretically be the smartest design for a lightsaber in terms of full manipulation of the blade through simple wrist movements and would allow for quick and precise movements. The only downfall is that it could, theoretically, be knocked out of your hand -- but the addition of a handguard of some kind running along the entire hilt would make this far less likely. So, if I had to pick my favorite design for a lightsaber, it would be a lightfoil with a handguard.

Edit: It would look something like this:

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by TheDude. Reason: Picture
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #219844 by
My favorite is the Jedi Luke design. It's definitely the most sleek in my opinion. Also I really like Count Dooku's hilt. Something about the curved design really appeals to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #219866 by

More
8 years 3 months ago #219869 by Carlos.Martinez3

TheDude wrote: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightfoil

The lightfoil is an excellent choice. Like the curved hilt lightsaber, it's meant for Form 2 combat; but the lightfoil is a small design meant specifically for single-hand use. Properly weighted, this would theoretically be the smartest design for a lightsaber in terms of full manipulation of the blade through simple wrist movements and would allow for quick and precise movements. The only downfall is that it could, theoretically, be knocked out of your hand -- but the addition of a handguard of some kind running along the entire hilt would make this far less likely. So, if I had to pick my favorite design for a lightsaber, it would be a lightfoil with a handguard.

Edit: It would look something like this:

That's georgious!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi