Kylo Ren's helmet

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215205 by
Replied by on topic Kylo Ren's helmet
Definitely a symbolic mask for a wannabe bad guy. And besides who is going to buy the action figures of kylo ren if he's maskless. Masks/Helmets sell!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215213 by
Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #215253 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Kylo Ren's helmet
I enjoy the rational view and symbolic views. I reckon since laser's hurt the eyes that shielding is a given for future combat.... and a plasma bolt to the face might fare better behind a mask.
:lol:
It could then be another measure of wealth in ANW, ESB, and RotJ - how much armour an individual can afford. Haven't seen this new one yet but since it is post RotJ, I'm imagining a similar dog eat dog world that the Empire ran in its day, perhaps slightly worse in some parts, so pretty much the same situation in that regard.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215282 by
Replied by on topic Re:RE: Kylo Ren's helmet

CrabbyPaddy wrote: Definitely a symbolic mask for a wannabe bad guy. And besides who is going to buy the action figures of kylo ren if he's maskless. Masks/Helmets sell!

actually I care more for what the ideals a villain employs what actions rather than what they wear

Adder wrote: I enjoy the rational view and symbolic views. I reckon since laser's hurt the eyes that shielding is a given for future combat.... and a plasma bolt to the face might fare better behind a mask.
:lol:
It could then be another measure of wealth in ANW, ESB, and RotJ - how much armour an individual can afford. Haven't seen this new one yet but since it is post RotJ, I'm imagining a similar dog eat dog world that the Empire ran in its day, perhaps slightly worse in some parts, so pretty much the same situation in that regard.

very nice point! I'm actually ordering b helmet with tinted face shield to protect my eyes haha :lol:

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215285 by

Adder wrote: I enjoy the rational view and symbolic views. I reckon since laser's hurt the eyes that shielding is a given for future combat.... and a plasma bolt to the face might fare better behind a mask. .

Yet didnt bring it too a lightsaber fight,where he did get hit in the face. :pinch:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215290 by

Khaos wrote:
Yet didnt bring it too a lightsaber fight,where he did get hit in the face. :pinch:

lightsabre would cut through if he did wear a helmet. armour is really restrictive, and better to avoid if the purpose is unserved

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215297 by

Entropist wrote:

Khaos wrote:

lightsabre would cut through if he did wear a helmet. armour is really restrictive, and better to avoid if the purpose is unserved

Actually, we dont know that a lightsaber would but through, but even aside, it would still add protection to the face. Also, by that rational, it wouldnt stop a blaster/plasma bolt either... I would also argue how restrictive it really is, and again, then why wear it at all?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215299 by
I thought it was rather ugly anyways >_< I hope they give it a better appearance later

I would also add. Force Academy actually teaches the importance of Armour and Masks :) Just a side thought...Its a Dark Aspect thing though....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215300 by
Replied by on topic Re:RE: Re:RE: Kylo Ren's helmet

Khaos wrote:
Actually, we dont know that a lightsaber would but through

actually we know lightsabres cut through almost any material.

I would also argue how restrictive it really is, and again, then why wear it at all?

wear a helmet and experience how restrictive wearing a helmet is, then you will know

and again, then why wear it at all?

emulation of Darth Vader was the motivation, and adoption of persona was discussed in this thread as reasons

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215301 by

Kitsu Tails wrote: I thought it was rather ugly anyways >_< I hope they give it a better appearance later

I would also add. Force Academy actually teaches the importance of Armour and Masks :) Just a side thought...Its a Dark Aspect thing though....

what's the dark aspect of armour and helmets?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi