Chi? was created by
What is Chi? How do I use it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #47106 by
Replied by on topic Re: Chi?
Hi Zippy. Chi or Qi is the Chinese concept of an energy or life force that flows through everything. Very much like the concept of the Force. It literally translates in Chinese to breath, so the breath of life. It is a very important aspect in Chinese life as well as many other Asian cultures. You have Qi masters much like the Jedi. Tai Chi Chuan is one of the main arts practiced that helps you learn to better focus and use your Qi as well as several other "soft" styles of martial arts. It is also a major component of "hard " styles as well. Both are great to practice and train in. If you do a tai chi form correctly you can feel the effects of your Qi as the forms are the best way to balance and utilize you qi. However it is a lifetime of practice to master the art of it truly can be. I have been a student since 1998 and am only realyl know starting to get a glimpse of what real tai chi is and can do. Loads of books on the subject, anything by Lau Tzu, anything involving tai chi and taoism are all good places to start. Hope this helps somewhat feel free to ask more in depth.
MTFBWY
RM

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #47108 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Chi?
It's also fundamental to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Chi/Ki/Qi is the main thing that acupuncture interacts with. Movement, pressure, heat, electricity etc, seem to have some influence on these things and they do seem to be quite body specific.

Apparantly it might not be energy, but rather energy or matter at the point of transforming into matter or energy respectively. According to TCM there are other things which interact with Qi in the body, such as Jing and Shen;

"If Jing is the source of life, and Qi the ability to active and move, then Shen is the vitality behind Jing and Qi in the human body. While animate and inanimate movements are indicative of Qi, and instinctual organic processes reflect Jing, human consciousness indicated the presence of Shen."

Source- Chinese Medicine, The Web that has no Weaver. T.J. Kaptchuk

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #47113 by
Chi is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #47129 by
love that quote brinus! I was actually thinking that but did not write it!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #47145 by
Greetings Each

I Believe Chi Qi or KI as I follow the Japanese form are the same as the Force. It is neither positive or Negative..it just is.

Ki is the life force energy which binds the universe together it keeps a balance with nature and is in harmony with all things .

I practice traditional Japanese arts.The 'Gentleness' comes from using Ki moving and using the energy of ones adversary.Quite rightly as mentioned above it is a life times study.In the same way as Jediism is.

There have been many cultures thro ancient history who have used this energy in many forms. Healing,Navigation,some evidence of moving objects.Martial arts Etc.

The way is not difficult for those who have no preferences :) I do not think Ki is something you can want. It will find you.when you are ready to receive it. That is just my humble opinion mind.

Yours in the spirit of Budo

Mike;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #47159 by
Is reiki, the same basic concept?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #47221 by
Greetings Zippy

As far as I know Reiki is a sort of 'Palm Healing' Developed by a Buddhist monk in the early 20s. The more traditional Japanese methods are Kiastu and Shiatsu. These tend to brig back an even balance within the body.

Yours in Budo

Mike

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 2 months ago #47239 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Chi?
we all have chi/qi/ki or whatever else you'd like to call it...as to how to use it...we begin by opening our minds,bodies,and spirits to it. this is done in several ways, the most common is meditation and some sort of physical training(which is why martial artists are often so adept with it in time). you have to be able to feel it around you, and in you before you can begin to utilize it. often you'll feel it within before you feel it around....in the totjo library we should have plenty of books by mantak chia on connecting with and using our spiritual energy...if it's not in the library i have a bunch of them on a flashdrive just p/m me and i'll put them up on google docs.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #201225 by
Replied by on topic Re:Chi?
Would I be able to find such books in local libraries?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi