I Don’t Want to Be Right

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 3 months ago #175637 by ren
Replied by ren on topic I Don’t Want to Be Right
Humans evolved to drink infected bovine milk even in old age. Some dude in a white coat on a youtube video said so therefore it must be true. It's the pasturization process that's toxic to us. I mean cooking stuff probably is the greatest mistake humanity has ever made. Right?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175638 by
Replied by on topic I Don’t Want to Be Right
i've never drank raw milk. i've eaten unpasteurized cheese and butter though made from raw milk. my whole point is the us and them thing. to me it looks like everyone is verifying the real science behind this and missing the point. hypocrisy is nothing more than a glorified lie.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175673 by
It's not really qualifying the us vs me although that does exist ,but is widely more complex then most people think (has to do with fitness e.g. increase the frequency of your genes in the gene pool relative to to others.) What this is saying is that when we choose subconsciously to hold a certain belief we choose it based on our need to advertise our fitness and not necessary based on what idea makes the most sense. The ideas we are choosing reflects a need to be something like in the anti-vac movement a health conscience suburban mom is an optional thing to be in the mind of whoever is trying to become that image. The idea of the researchers is genius because of it's simplicity and it makes so much sense biased on prior research. To reiterate you want to become something admirable to you ,so you adopt the ideas that you think that kind of person would half and nothing will sway you from those ideas easily.

In closing, I want o say to not mistake the idea that my understanding of our primal behavior does not mean I endorse it or that we shouldn't want to try to move away from it. Our brains evolved in a different world and it's only through understand this that we can begin to change and adapt to a better more modern world.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: clarify

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #176594 by
he who knows everything knows everything

he who uses sarcasm online degrades himself and influences others to degrade themselves as well

i don't think a real jedi would use sarcasm, but i wouldn't know since i ain't one.

i never said anything about the healthiness of drinking raw milk. that was imagined by those who believe they can read minds and know it all.

since i am not one of the ones who you perceive as the "us" your imbecilian mind ASSUME that i was one of "them". proving the point of the article that i just reiterated. yea, i am one of "them". the "those" you s know jack about. used to prove a purely scientific point. it has nothing to do with emotion. it is pure logic and pure science.

the title of the article is "i don't want to be right", neither do 87% of the people posting in this thread. they want to identify with their herd of mindless lemmings. the point of this scientific experiment is to better understand how to control YOU the mindless lemmings of the world.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago #176604 by steamboat28

ren wrote: I mean cooking stuff probably is the greatest mistake humanity has ever made. Right?

Defintely. I read a paper in high school that says that cooking meat is what allowed us to evolve to higher levels of thought (since it killed off so many things that were inhibiting our progress), and is directly responsible for the state of humanity today.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176609 by
http://youtu.be/OQvt-gxbq5E

and yes cooking is a wondrous thing. cooking pork, roadkill and certain plants makes them not only palatable but generally safe to eat. however, when you cook something what you cook may undergo a chemical transition, depending on the cooking method.

also you can cook more things than food. fire is awesome. so is heat.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi