IP suggestion: Jordan Peterson

More
08 Aug 2019 21:11 - 08 Aug 2019 21:12 #341054 by Phoenix Vidensia
Fun question...

If a theoretical physicist is racist, homophobic, transphobic, and anti feminist, does this negate the correctness and value of his theories and contributions?

Phoenix’s Journal
thetoxicphoenix.wordpress.com/
**18+ content advisory**
Last edit: 08 Aug 2019 21:12 by Phoenix Vidensia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2019 21:18 #341055 by lightscribe

Tempest Nox wrote: Fun question...

If a theoretical physicist is racist, homophobic, transphobic, and anti feminist, does this negate the correctness and value of his theories and contributions?

I'm sorry, I've held my tongue until now, but this is just ridiculous. This man is a psychologist. His work deals with people's minds, how they live with themselves and one another. Human identity is part of his field of study. A massive part. Would this be true of a theoretical physicist? No, it would not.

If you don't want to listen to the voices of those who face oppression and discrimination, then fine. But don't use these nonsensical arguments to support your claims.

Today, I will do my best. My best is all that I can do. And sometimes, my best will surprise me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
08 Aug 2019 21:19 - 08 Aug 2019 21:20 #341056 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic IP suggestion: Jordan Peterson
Manu

Dude
how can you be suggesting any upgrade to the IP without doing the whole IP to clear
Novice rank first?

Joined 14 January 2015 16:03 guest - Friday 24, 2015, member Saturday 1/27/2015.Novice -
Last edit: 08 Aug 2019 21:20 by FTPC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

More
08 Aug 2019 21:52 #341057 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic IP suggestion: Jordan Peterson

FTPC wrote: Manu

Dude
how can you be suggesting any upgrade to the IP without doing the whole IP to clear
Novice rank first?

Maybe I like complicating things :P

lightscribe wrote: If you don't want to listen to the voices of those who face oppression and discrimination, then fine. But don't use these nonsensical arguments to support your claims.

Getting back to the topic at hand. What, in particular, about what Jordan Peterson says makes you feel oppressed or discriminated against, lightscribe?

Fear is normal. Every person feels fear at some point. Step aggressively toward your fear - that is the step into bravery. - Jocko Willink
TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: VixensVengeance

More
08 Aug 2019 21:59 #341059 by VixensVengeance

lightscribe wrote: If you don't want to listen to the voices of those who face oppression and discrimination, then fine. But don't use these nonsensical arguments to support your claims.

I just had a very similar discussion with ZealotX on this sort of thing. Like Manu, I would love to see your evidence to support such a claim.

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam
Council Member - Rule of Three: Order of the Sith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

More
08 Aug 2019 22:10 #341060 by Carlos.Martinez3
I value a lot of what’s said so far. Civil discussion looks like this right? Minus the “grow up” idea , some times maturity comes over time. Some time it takes different moments to birth or not.
Manu has completed the IP and even been a apprentice here. He’s got time and grade and then some. Smiley face. Some ways mesh some don’t. We have had a similar like dislike against Allen Watts and even J.C. And even that “mind walk video “ taken from a VHS copy it seems like.
I would like to see what the “bleep do we know” takes its place. Who knows.
It’s hard to find something that hits more than just one heart and one mind set. We keep looking. We keep searching. Isn’t that the idea some of us share?
Jordan Peterson’s ... path - mission - thought way - what ever you wanna call it - is another human trying to help another human with what they got. Might not be your cup of tea. Doesn’t have to be. Why would choosing such a person like J.P. Be for us and what part ? What part of what he’s said?? Joseph Campbell has works not even touched here that can help others grow... some may not like em. Same can be said for a lot of authors and people. Keep searching - I know I am. I have his book - 12 rules - and a few apply a few don’t some of em - I already apply but in the end - what ya gunna do?

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
08 Aug 2019 22:17 #341061 by Phoenix Vidensia

lightscribe wrote:

Tempest Nox wrote: Fun question...

I'm sorry, I've held my tongue until now, but this is just ridiculous. This man is a psychologist. His work deals with people's minds, how they live with themselves and one another. Human identity is part of his field of study. A massive part. Would this be true of a theoretical physicist? No, it would not.

If you don't want to listen to the voices of those who face oppression and discrimination, then fine. But don't use these nonsensical arguments to support your claims.

You failed to answer the question. Use another example if you like. Also, there are still plenty of psychologists and psychiatrists who consider GENDER DYSPORIA to be a mental illness. Plenty more argue the viability of SRS and such things as well as normalization by force and pronoun use by force.

Phoenix’s Journal
**18+ content advisory**

More
09 Aug 2019 00:09 #341064 by Bru-He WiEph
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
More
09 Aug 2019 00:16 #341066 by Phoenix Vidensia

Bru-He WiEph wrote: www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/may/23/...violent-men-monogamy

www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/style/jordan-...-rules-for-life.html

Okay, two horribly left biased media sources. Care to try again? I can find similar badly written and slanted "research" regarding the violent nature of homosexual couples from a number of just as biased sources. Please, save it.

Phoenix’s Journal
**18+ content advisory**