Force Powers

More
30 Nov 2019 20:06 #346489 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Force Powers

steamboat28 wrote: A little off-topic, but a voluntary recording of service would feel different than a service requirement. And a service requirement would feel different if one chose their means of service rather than choosing from a small amount of options.

These are just things to consider, perhaps in another thread?

I think this service journal idea is good. Fear is a path to the dark side. That includes being afraid of whatever boasting some people may do. Plus, reading said boasting would be voluntary. So like a TV show you don't like, just don't watch it. As long as it's not a requirement it could encourage other good acts. In society competition lowers prices and raises efficiency. The fact that an employee can get fired ultimately helps the company get better productivity. So if someone is inspired or even compelled to do more good by reading the service journals of others then I think the pros outweigh any cons. Because if even one person is helped as a result I'll gladly read someone's boasting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:26 #346494 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Force Powers
If you're helping for TotJO clout doesn't that seem the least bit antithetical to the point of community service?

IP Team Lead
TM: Carlos Martinez
ὁ δὲ ἀμυχηδόν νεξέταστος βίος γίγνομαι βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi

More
30 Nov 2019 22:34 #346505 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers
There's such a thing as TOTJO clout?

Everything we do is selfish. We just get to decide whether that self-interest benefits others as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
30 Nov 2019 23:13 #346508 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Force Powers
Speaking to the hypothetical if there was a service requirement for some arbitrary rank bar here, yeah.
I wouldn't say everything we do is selfish. The vast majority of it might be, but we're not all Ayn Rand.

IP Team Lead
TM: Carlos Martinez
ὁ δὲ ἀμυχηδόν νεξέταστος βίος γίγνομαι βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
30 Nov 2019 23:17 #346509 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
Gotta get me some o' them TOTJO Clouds :D

I'm only joking.

Now, concerning service. That's been a back/forward thing. Similar to christiandom's debate on works
Paul and James have different ideals. It's understood that one does no work FOR salvation, but the gifts of the spirit are for the edification of the church.

In like manner, no one does work to be seen as a Jedi, but a connection to the Force primes one towards acts of service
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi, Rex

More
01 Dec 2019 06:17 #346532 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Force Powers
This thread reminds me of a story:
I went fishing with a guy named Red. He was a Cat-fisherman. He breathed like the sound of the river. This dude was real. We got rope and hooks and a sane and a boat. The Smallest boat you ever saw- enough for one kid really. We used it to put fish off the lines we set. My then wife said “ your gunna need a bigger boat if you go with Red.” Long street shot this man during the trip “noodled “ the biggest fish I had ever layer eyes on. That was Reds thing- knuckle dragging catfish to the shore- but yet it was so big it didn’t fit in the boat. Red ties it to a rope and says here we go and drops it attached to his denim overalls. What happen next was amazing as I watch man VS fish for 20 good minutes as Red splashed and swore at this huge 75 pound catfish. After that - we were done. It took us 1 hr to catch what we needed. Red said we would have been home sooner if we had the right boat.

Service logs and journals are for our selfs. Most of what we do here is self’s reflective and at our own pace ( kinna like learning) so really works can be something to help or harm like any tool. A light saber can be used to defend or chop a arm off- depends on who’s wielding it- same can be said for records and logs of such things. They are tools for others to use - if they want. There is literally a lot of resources here and things available - any one can create their own individual ministry’s ( actual ones) and create anything they like. Here or in the real world. It’s all in THAT individuals direction and motion. The human potential lives in every single one of us and it is that - that can guide us to our questions sometimes. When family calls me for problems or family - is that a Force power? Is knowing when to speak and not to speak a Force power? How about experience in ceartsin subjects? Is that considered Force power? Is mingling considered Force power? Is being an orator or a gr ewww t public speaker a force power? These are my questions. I have them for myself - I may be alone sometimes but that’s ok too. Why do I need “powers”? For what I’m my real world? When I began my Modern day Jediism- I was hoping to force choke a few people in my life or at least put some fear in a few. Turns out - when I became calm and began to work on me inside -my road rage disappeared and as did a few reasons for “powers” I thought. Power can often be something we arnt used to. Magic or not. First thing my teacher said when he was teaching me the sword was to strengthen inside first. With any form of power or as such I would always encroached those who seek it out this - power often needs a bit bigger vessel -be smart. Have a place to fit what your looking for.

As Red always told me :

Make sure you got a big enough boat to carry what ya find. If ya don’t - expect a struggle expect a fight but expect to not be home
On time.

Same can be said for power. What do you really need and what ya seek and what ya get can be 3 entirely different things. Jedi are smart. Be smart.
May the Force be with us all.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious