New Year's Resolution Project (Jedi and Faiths)

More
11 years 3 months ago #85559 by Alethea Thompson
So here's an idea- let's see who wants to take on a challenge with me (I can't take full credit for the idea, I need to give some to Dark Aspect member of the FA Kiss because he said it first, but I'm only now getting to it):

Who wants to take a holy book/collection of stories from a specific culture and do a year long endeavor to relate the stories to their path/aspect? I don't mind multiple people taking on a single book. I think that would be a rather interesting to see the various takes on them. The idea is to start a blog or journal of some sort here to keep it logged for others to read (mine will be kept at the FA, thought I might make it more public later).

Sooo, who's willing to take that dive with me? I'm running a toss up here, I'm thinking about doing the Bible, but I might take on the Talmud and Torah (depends on if I can find a good copy of them- Cole any suggested copies?). (after something a friend mentioned, I'm going to look at possibly exploring Zoastrianism)

This is a little different from the Initiates training, because it will take a lot more dedication. But a worthwhile endeavor (in my opinion).

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #85871 by
I like it. I might give it a shot as well. Never hurts to learn something new. :)

More
11 years 3 months ago #85874 by Ben
I'm considering it, but I have a strong suspicion that I wouldn't see it through, and I really don't like starting things that I know I wont finish...

I'm usually quite dedicated to things but that's the problem...I'm already dedicated to plenty of things that would end up taking priority :(

I'll keep thinking about it. Two days left to make a decision! :laugh:

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #85879 by
I'm doing it with Dogen's Shobogenzo! :D relating from Zen perspective to Jedi. Because, I want to point out some main similarities and differences. I only have to do a chapter every 4 days. :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi